35: EPILOGUE

WHOLE

A/N: We’re not done yet. ^_^

 

--

 

"Hi Dad... It took us awhile to get here, but I finally found you. How have you been?"

 

Sungyeol and Myungsoo watched their now ten years old Claud as he knelt down in front of his Daddy's grave. Doctor Starling's grave. It gives Sungyeol a bitter sweet feeling knowing that the doctor buried six feet under used to be that good doctor who aided them back in middle school.

 

"I'm sorry Dad... but I'm here now." Claud turn to their side and took Myungsoo's hand while Sungyeol went closer with Cleo's ashes on his arms. "I brought Cleo, Dad... and of course, my new Dads, someone likes you, Dad... someone who loves me." Claud slips between the two and held both arms of another. "Me and Cleo actually. This tall handsome man is my Daddy Lee Sungyeol he's mommy's cousin. Could you believe that? But knowing you, you probably know that right? Who's Mommy's family are. Right?" Claud smiled and wipe away his tears. "And this handsome man next to me is Daddy Myungsoo."

 

The two bow and said their greetings. "It's been awhile, Doctor Starling..." Sungyeol greeted. "It's me, Sungyeol. That handsome kid you aided because I punched someone. I hope you remember me..." he then tap Myungsoo's shoulder. "This is my husband, Kim Myungsoo-- Lee Myungsoo. He met your wife in London."

 

Myungsoo bows again and smiled. "Hi sir... It's so nice to meet you... Thank you for aiding Sungyeol back in Middle School... and your wife is so beautiful, Sir. Her smile is what gave me the chance to look deeper through your son, Claud; though it was fate that brought us all together."

 

Claud smiled. "Daddy. We're leaving Korea today. I wanted to visit Mom's grave too, but it's somewhere far away so... I have to leave for now. Don't worry I'll be with my Dads so I'll be safe." Sungyeol placed Cleo's ashes next on the grave. "...it'll take us awhile to come back… I hope you can wait for us… I promised to be back, Dad."

 

Claud's sobs can be heard in that family mausoleum the Starling has and Myungsoo just let the kid's head rest on his chest to remind him that he's not alone. Sungyeol held his son's hand and give it a tight squeezed and nod. "I miss you so much, Daddy... I miss you so so so much... I miss Mom too... and I miss Cleo the most... I feel so left out but... now I'm okay." he smiled at Sungyeol then to Myungsoo who's tears flowing freely from his eyes. "I'm okay now. You can now rest well there in heaven and watch me from there. You, Mom and Cleo... I won't let you down. I'll make you proud from here..."

 

"And Cleo?" Claud's gaze shifted to where they placed Cleo's ashes and kissed it. "Thank you for staying with me till the day we met Uncle Woohyun, Daddy Yeol, Daddy Myungsoo and the others... Thank you for being there even though I know you are so weak to continue... Thank you for--" Claud's sobbing again but this time, Sungyeol and Myungsoo just let him be. "Thank you for being the best twin sister who only wanted me secured before she left... Thank you for not leaving me when everyone else does... I still miss you... I will forever miss you twin... But I know we're each other's Other Half... It takes two of us to have a Whole...Like how Dad and Mom... and like Daddy Myungsoo and Daddy Sungyeol... I love you twin."

 

Sungyeol approached Claud and nod to him. "Can I leave a message too, Baby?"

 

"Yes Dad." the kid moved back to where Myungsoo is and the two watched Sungyeol as the tears left his eyes and this time, it was the taller's sob that can be heard. "Thank you for bringing me back when I thought it's time for me to go, Princess... thank you for being there as my wake up call. I love you. You can rest well now... wherever you are. It's time for you to leave the rest to me. We'll be fine..."

 

Myungsoo was the last to approach Cleo's ashes. He wiped away the tears on his cheek and stayed silent for a while. Then as if on cue, a wind blew harder making their hair fly around. But for Myungsoo, it was the greatest feeling ever... for he felt loved by the sensation. He felt like someone is touching his cheeks and saying, "Go on..."

 

Then he smiled showing his dimples as he held Cleo's ashes tightly. It could be her. "Thank you for bringing them to me, Cleo." he turned around to see the two most important boy/man in his life that very moment and smiled to them lovingly as he turned back to where Cleo is. "Thank you for asking Claud to run to where I am when you left, thinking that I could help him... thank you for telling Sungyeol to come back... I don't remember doing something to you for you make me feel your love this way, but you just gave me a reason." he wiped away the tears again and he felt Sungyeol's hand on his shoulder and Claud holding his other hand. "I'll take good care of them. I'll love them for the rest of my life. I'll become that someone who can do all that just to make them feel contented and happy... I know I'm not the most worth it person you can trust... God, I don't even deserve all these blessings... but I'll do my best to be someone worth it for all of this. It's a pity and I wish we had more time bond, but time didn't let us... but I hope someday... Someday we could be together somewhere."

 

They left the place, hand in hand as they smiled to each other. A comforting breeze as if hugging them all together, keeping them close, made Myungsoo's inside shivers. And he can only thank God, Cleo and the couple who made it possible for him to meet the people who'll make him feel complete.

 

--

 

As the plane take off, the news of the three leaving Korea that day was released. The Lee family confirmed that the three were leaving for Spain. As for Sungyeol and Myungsoo handling LGC, GSSC and KGC, it was said that the two will be doing it from Spain.

 

Titles like: "Lee's off to Spain" Or "The Heirs with their adopted son, Lee Claud leaving for Spain" also comes with "The Lee's spotted in Incheon leaving for Spain". It was never a secret to the world how the two heirs adopted Claud Starling. One of the twins of Conrad Starling to the runaway heiress of the Lee's themselves, Lee Hyori.

 

The Lee's confirmed too that Claud Starling is now written and rightfully recognized by the Lee family register as Lee Sungyeol's and Kim Myungsoo's adopted son and as Lee Hyori's son. And yes, Sungyeol made it possible for him to obtain the name because of his own name. Because he married Kim Myungsoo. Because of the love he has for the two.

 

Because of the damage done by the battle between the Child's custody due to Conrad Starling's family showing resistance of handling the kid fully because they know that status of Sungyeol and Myungsoo, being the heir of their families, Sungyeol decided to take Claud and Myungsoo with him to where he thinks is safer for his husband and son. And that is the Lee's main house in Spain. Now that Claud is ten, and after two long years of battle for Claud's custody, they all decided to move on with their lives even if the battle is yet to be over.

 

It will forever mar the Lee Family history that there was once a heiress from their family that got away to live her own life and to what she believed in. To be with that someone she truly loves and not with someone her family chooses for her. And now, another Heir of the family's new generation, Lee Sungyeol stand up to what he believed in like what Lee Hyori did. Fought for what he believed in. Like his cousin. But this time, all Lee's are proud of it. That they have a heir and a heiress like that; that the two might have changed something in other people's perspective and acceptance.

 

Sungyeol take a look of Myungsoo beside him, peeling some oranges for Claud. He can never be proud of himself being the Lee Sungyeol that his own father wanted him to be. The Lee Sungyeol, Lee Sungjen wanted him to be. The one who can fight for the one he truly loves.

 

Myungsoo suddenly turn to him to give him some peeled orange, but then he caught him watching him. "Yeollie? Are you okay?" he asked.

 

All Sungyeol did was to hold his hand, take it for a kiss and shed tears. "Dad? Why are you crying? Are you okay?"

 

The taller shook his head as the two worriedly held both of his hands. "Yeollie... what's wrong?"

 

"I.. I just can't believe that you're here with me. That I am finally allowed to keep you both beside me."

 

Myungsoo smiled tenderly and wipe away the tears from his cheeks. Claud went to sit on Sungyeol's lap. "Of course you are, Dear. You are. We belong to you. Only you."

 

"Don't you find it amazing Dad?"

 

They both paid attention to Claud who was munching the peeled oranges very adorably. "What is it?" they asked in unison.

 

"That we are once alone in our lives? Lost and looking for someone to complete us? And now we're together..."

 

"Like we are each other's Other Half to make a Whole?"

 

"Yes Dad." Claud smiled. "We're all made to create a Whole lot of amazingness."

 

Both Sungyeol and Myungsoo laughed to that. Hugging Claud in the process.

 

And yes. It takes the Other Half to complete one Whole of amazingness~

 

--

 

Last Author Note: First, thank you for all the subscribers and all the silent readers who stayed from OTHER HALF up to the end of WHOLE. I am amazed of myself that I managed, FOR THE FIRST TIME, to finish a story. What can I say? You made me stay. *wink wink*

 

Thank you for Rhay-unnie for the late night talks, though we often talk randomly, but you're the only one I could turn to, to make everything in this story happen. Your advice about how I should write this and that. Just really, thank you. You may not know this, but I owe you the inspiration for finally writing a story with an ending. If it isn’t for you telling me not to give up on this, I’ll definitely left this one hanging, so thank you.

 

And to Cristine <3 whom I really love HAHAHAHA The one who keeps on reminding me to update. Really guys, you owe her the regular updates I am making HAHA :3

 

I still feel sorry about the confusion from this story, but I really hope you find this story worth your patience and time.

 

AND VERY MUCH LASTLY :) I'm hoping to see you on my next title. Because I am planning on my next story and maybe I'd let it out soon.

 

Again, here's your author, thanking you guys with all my heart. See you again! ^_^