Injured

Love in 1345 Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Jaejoong POV

 

I tried to jump up since the mouth of the hole seemed to be reachable.

Nope, bad call

Down came gravel right to my face.

 

URGH! WHAT ROTTEN LUCK IS THIS NOW?!

 

A branch was trampled and I flinched to turn to my right – the direction which the sound sourced. I hoped that it was Amara, that she would be alright. I don’t mind having sand all over my face. I don’t mind this slight scrape over my left elbow that began to sting.

But I don’t want a slight mark over her flawless skin.

My hand unconsciously headed to my pocket and I felt my phone.

Oh yes!

 

I immediately fished in out while wiping the dirt over my face. I breathed in a deep breath and headed to the contacts praying that she might have saved her number in my phone because I don’t remember asking hers.

Yes, I wanted to hit myself right now for forgetting to ask her number but I didn’t have time to do that. I had to get out. I had to get to her. Those freaks are carrying her photograph and showing it to every person. Incase she is spotted,

Oh god! I don’t want to think of it!

I heard footsteps and my heart began to pace. I immediately opened my contacts and began to browse for her number so that she could come help me out.

Oh I wasn’t planning on calling out her name. I don’t want to risk the chance of them finding out that where her whereabouts are.

The sound of leaves trampled loudened and I looked up.

“Help!” I yelled not bothering who it was. “Please!” I tried jumping to show my hands to whoever was there.

“Jae?”

“Amara!” I yelled back “H-help!”

Oh, thank god! She’s safe!

She peeped down and I couldn’t help but pout in defeat.

“Wait” She muttered and disappeared but I tried to climb up once more.

She peeped back and I stopped trying.

“Can you” She reached her hand to me “Can you reach me? I don’t see anything strong enough to pull you up”

I didn’t bother what her explanation was. The moment her fair fingers came towards me, I was in it to hold onto them.

I failed the first few times and she pushed herself forwards, making sure to not fall forward, but still I couldn’t reach to her.

“Seriously man! Why did you follow me?”

I shot her an unimpressed look crossing my arms over my chest. Yes, I understood it. It hurt me. It hurt me bad. After all the sacrifices I have done she is shouting at me for following her?!

HOW DARE SHE?!

Seriously? Is my love one sided?! Hasn’t she even felt a blimp of it yet?!

Is she really treating me like a driver?

Huh?

Am I not seen as a man in her eyes?!

Is she the type to just get into some stranger’s car, even if he is a foreigner not knowing the language she speaks?

“Hey!” She snapped me from my staring. “Try once more” She leaned further into the hole and I dreaded that she might fall. “Come on Mr! Just hold onto me please”

Since I need to get out of this darn hell hole, I climbed up and reached to her hand. Thankfully I was able to hold onto her.

“I’ll pull you now”

She pulled me and I pushed myself up. I slipped and almost pulled her down but fortunaltely she didn’t fall in.

“Come on Jae, push yourself up!”

I’m trying woman!

Though I hated it, I held onto the roots that jutted out of nowhere and managed to hold onto her. One push, and another and I finally held onto the mouth of the darn hole. She held onto my arms, later my torso and helped me up. Sighing in relief, I laid flat on the soil holding onto my chest, soothing it to slow down.

“You alright?”

I nodded a reply.

“I’m sorry for raising my voice Jae. I know you might not understand but I just don’t want you to get caught with me. I don’t know why but I don’t like seeing you get hurt because of me so please understand”

 

Ok, apology accepted.

 

I didn’t understand anything but her tone, her apologetic face, her very presence beside me coaxed me not get angry with her.

“I’m sorry” She clenched her fist and placed it over her heart and I swear I have never seen as person sincerely apologetic as her. “Are you hurt anywhere?” She eyed my body.

“Me ok” I smiled showing her my dirty hands and later stretching my legs.

“That’s good then” She smiled brushing away the dirt around her clothes and stood up, when I realized that the hem of her top was torn.

“Why?” I asked pointing at her top.

She looked at where I was pointing. “This?” She pointed at her visible waist. I nodded forcing myself to not stare at her fair skin. “It’s nothing Jae.” She smiled. “I just slipped and” She showed her right elbow and I gasped. “It’s nothing” She smiled but I didn’t buy it. I pulled her hand and checked the wrapping.

Oh god!

“Yah, let’s go to the hospital!” I almost yelled holding on her forearm.

“Shh” She silenced me. “They might be around”

I pulled her to the opposite direction from where we came.

“Jae”

“Shut up. I need to get you treated”

I pulled her close, holding her by me as we walked to god-knows-where. There had to be some place where we could get some help, maybe a proper bandage until we reach a hospital because I can feel the blood flow down her arm to my palm. We reached to the other end of the woods and looked around when I spotted a church downhill.

“There” I pointed. “Help” I informed in English.

She nodded and the both of us walked down the hill. It was steep so I stepped forward while Amara held onto my shoulder walking behind me. There was a fence around the church. I walked a little to my right, then my left to find the gate but we reached the back of the church and Amara was showing signs of pain, holding onto her arm close to her body. I panicked when she sat on the floor and immediately fell on my knees opposite to her.

“Paining?” I asked. She nodded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter