Her Story

Love in 1345 Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. They speak in Japanese now, alright?

 

Jaejoong POV

 

The both of us continued to look at one another not knowing what to talk. A million things are popping in my mind to ask her but I’m not sure what to ask first.

Am I to ask who she is?

Am I to properly introduce myself?

Or can I ask her if she likes me as much as I like her?

I truthfully don’t know what to do now. Darn it! I thought this would be easy five minutes ago but now, I just don’t know what to do!

 

Her lips broke into a smile as she looked afar towards my far right and back at me. My stomach flipped at her lovely smile and I clenched my fists tightly.

“You can understand me?” I verified softly.

“If you can understand what I am speaking, then yes, I can understand too”

OH GOD!

OH MY GOD!

SHE UNDERSTANDS ME!

 

I needed a breather, to compose myself before I speak with her. I cannot make a fool of myself now. She understands me. We speak the same tongue. There is no need for any google translator hereafter.

OH MY GAWD! I CAN SPEAK FREELY WITH HER!

Before I get ahead of my feelings I needed to know the trouble she is in.

“Can you please tell me why you are running from whoever they are?” I questioned.

Amara sighed hard. “I guess you deserve to know it, don’t you?” She muttered.

“I would love to Amara. It is all I’ve been trying to know since yesterday”

The corner of her lips broke into a weak smile. “I have to say this though, that was a crazy move you did to pull me with you”

“Like I’ll let you go with him” I stated. “If it were Korea, I would have thought him a lesson on how to treat a woman.”

“That’s my step father you know...”

“What?”

“Well” She breathed out “Sparing you my sad pathetic story-”

“No! Tell me everything” I cut her off quite strongly.

“You sure?” She verified quite unsure

“I left my plane, stole my driver’s car and am driving to somewhere I have no idea of…… Yes, I need to know everything”

“Alright” She nodded. “How about we order dessert too before I begin?”

I sighed a laugh muttering “You remind me of someone I know…”

“I hope it’s someone you like”

“Oh I love him like my own brother” I answered “Plus, you have a rather special place in my heart so don’t think of comparing yourself with any other”

She blankly stared at me, giving me time to replay what I just blurted out.

Oh god! I just did not say that now!

“Amara-chan,” I shifted my seating rather uncomfortably “What I mean is-”

“No it’s nice for you to say that to me. People always try to talk advantage of me you know”

“I hope you don’t see me as part of that list of people”

“No”

“Thanks” I smiled “Now can you tell me your story?”

She sighed a laugh, shifted her seating and began

“Well, where am I to begin?” She questioned to herself “Alright. So Jaejoong-san, I was actually adopted.”

“Really? Me too!” I chirped rather happily. Meeting her rather amused grin, I cleared my throat and gestured her to continue while sipping some water. Darn it! I need to control my emotions!

“My adoptive mom is Indian while dad is Japanese. We actually lived in Japan until my dad met with an accident.” She paused very briefly to compose her emotions. I reached to hold onto her hand but held back.

“Did he?”

“Yeah” She smiled rather weakly “It’ll be 14 years this year”

“I’m sorry” I sympathized

“Yeah… Me too.”

Her eyes met mine. All I could do was smile weakly at her, waiting until she continues.

“So… Mom was called back to India and was remarried”

I guess trouble starts here…….

She sighed a laugh and continued. “I hated him from the inception but my grandparents didn’t bother about me, maybe because I wasn’t their heir. You know what’s worse? He had a son of his own who, I swear is a weirdo.”

“Weirdo as in?”

“Ummm…. I don’t want to get into the details but long story short.. My mom past away two months ago and now that jackass wants to marry me”

“WHAT?!”

“Yeah..” She rolled her eyes “Darling brother-from-another-mother wants to marry me”

“That’s !”

“Well technically, according to him, we aren’t related by blood…”  

“Amara-chan this is nonsense! How can you casually tell this when-”

“Can’t you see why I came with you Jaejoong-san?! I know this is nonsense but no one cared! Step-dad has some connection with some gangers here and they trapped me. Remember the day you first saw me? That night he was there in my house, forced me to resign my job and dragged me to the airport, which was when you helped me.”

“So your step father doesn’t mind about you marrying his son?”

“He never treated me as his daughter. Neither did I treat him like my father but I never thought he’d trap me with marriage..”

I shut my eyes, breathed in a long deep breath to calm my thoughts.

“I know this is too much. Especially when you have no clue where we are heading. I am grateful for what you’ve done for me. So…. if you…. You know… Want to leave, just tell me. I-”

“Iie” I cut her off, opening my eyes “Don’t say that Amara. I’m not leaving you”

“But Jaejoong-san, these men are dangerous”

“Which is exactly why I cannot leave you.”

“But-”

“Don’t you trust me Amara?” I asked her

“I do trust you.”

“Good. So this place we are heading to”

“Chennai?”

“Yes, Chennai. Is that place safe? Or are we to go anywhere else?”

“I want to leave the country”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter