Stalemate

Love in 1345 Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Jaejoong POV

 

“Thank you” I repeated, “Thank you very much Amara. Thank you so much”

For the first time, I reached to hold her face, and god! Words cannot describe how I felt cupping her face in my hands. Amara had her hands resting over my knees bearing that gorgeous smile over her face, pushing her cheeks over the palms of my hands, making me grin like a fool back at her.

“Happy?” She asked

“Very” I replied with all honesty

“Shall we leave?”

“After some time please?” I requested, “I really want to hold you like this”

“Right here?”

“Right now”

She continued to bear her smile but her eyes turned questioning, almost narrowing as she looked at me from the corners of her eyes.

“You seriously want us to get busted, don’t you?”

“What makes you think that?” I immediately asked, my voice unconsciously getting loud, blood beginning to rush around my body

“You first yelled at me, then kissed me and now are holding onto me like in those romcoms…. Think these people wouldn’t video or take photos of us?”

A chill hit my spine once she spilled out those words from her utterly kissable lips. My head shot up to look at our surrounding, meeting quite the number of onlookers smiling, blushing and giggling with one another about us.

“!” I cussed. “We need to go Amara-chan” I informed, urgency laced in my voice.

Amara nodded and proceeded to stand. I held onto her arms and helped her to do so, then swiftly reaching to our bags. Amara grabbed her bags from me and I took my phone that was on the table.

“You got everything right?” I inquired, doing a quick sweep around the table

“Yup, got everything”

“Good” I breathed out and guided her out, my arm, as if it were something natural, wrapped around her waist.

But Amara flinched, forcing me to realize my mistake.

Actually you can’t call that a mistake. She is my girl. By default I have all the right to hold her.

Maybe it was too early.

Yes, it was too early.

 

Anyway, I immediately whipped my hand away. “Gumenae” I apologized, “It’s just that I-”

“No! It’s just that he also tries holding me like that and I hate it. I flinched on impulse because of that. Not because of you”

“He? Your brother?”

“Yes”

I had to take in a deep breath. “Don’t worry. You won’t suffer anymore” I assured, “I’ll make sure you are safe from him”

Amara smiled. It was genuine and got my heart to skip a beat. Unexpectedly she showed me her hand. “I wouldn’t mind you holding my hand though…” Her voice trailed, eyes leaving mine and directing to her palm.

I began to grin all over again. This woman is full of surprises! She is as untouchable as fire, ready to burn down anyone stepping close to her, but is so considerate she’ll melt your heart! Oh gosh! What good had I done in my past life to find someone like her?!

I SO FREAKING LOVE HER!

Holding her hand, making sure to lace each finger of mine between hers, we headed to the receptionist. Amara was about to pull her purse but I stopped her. “Allow me” I volunteered

“Nope. You have been paying for me all these days. I feel bad”

“But-”

“No buts!” She cut me off, “I’m not the type to let the guy bear the expenses all the time so today is my turn alright?”

“But it’s our first day as a couple!” I protested, “As a man I don’t want to have my girl spend, especially on the first day!”

Amara’s eyes turned to slits but I was persistent. “Don’t hurt my pride Amara, huh? Let me pay, and maybe you could treat me with something nice later?”

Yes, like another kiss

She finally took a step back, still quite unwillingly but I didn’t bother. Happily I reached to my wallet to pull my card when, “You know I only said maybe… Not that I accepted to be your girl”

Remember the part where I called her fire? Add ‘wet blanket’ in the list!

I shot her a glare. “Still, it’s better than a complete rejection” I countered, giving the receptionist my card

“I’m giving you space and time to think twice Jaejoong-san” She leaned over the counter, arms propped over the wood, back facing the receptionist, “You have no idea of the type of person I am”

“In case you didn’t notice, this is me getting to know you” I reminded her while signing the paper

“Thought celebrities are always cautious of the people they date…”

“I am. I have always been. But see Amara, when your heart decides that it is you I should pursue, there is no going against it.”

Amara didn’t respond but maintained her gaze on me, those eyes of hers trying hard to verify whether I was still joking. Any girl would, for no one could be trusted in today’s world. But I wouldn’t be scared anymore. I am in it for the long run and will win her over. Grabbing our bags in one hand, my other open

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter