Her Paid Driver

Love in 1345 Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS! Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Jaejoong POV

 

“Right or left?” I whispered

“Not in this junction but in the next, to the left”

I eyed the mirror to meet her look past the window, thinking.

“Hyung, this is going to cost my job”

“If you don’t help me, it’ll cost your life”

“Are you in love with her or something?”

“Shut up” I whisper hissed

“Manager hyung is coming” His tone tensed. “Turn left and drive straight. You’ll reach the railway station. Call me once you’re done being her savior”

I pulled out my earphones and began whistling, sneaking glances at her. She is tensed, biting her already redden lips, biting her nails, her fingers every now and then. She is keeping a close eye on the street, searching for something or someone.

I have no idea what is happening to her. I want to know. I want to help her. I did ask her after wrecking my brain, one I remembered my English.

“Where to go?” I asked

“Railway station” She replied in panic. “Fast. Please”

That made me call my darling PA Jong Shin, who didn’t apparently leave the country yet. He gave me a quick lecture on how an idol should behave though I’ve been in the industry for almost a decade and freaked out more once I told him what I was doing. After promising me that I’d come back once I leave her, he gave me the directions to reach the railway station.

I’m supposed to be leaning on my first class seat in the plane, flying back home. Instead, I’m driving around a crowded, alien place having Miss. Let-Me-Go at the backseat.

Why am I doing this?

I don’t know. It’s just that my conscious was coaxing me to help her. It felt as if it was my responsibility to save her from that man. To be honest, I was scared that he’d do something to her. She’s a very beautiful girl and I’ve heard incidents about girls being forced to ion and I dreaded that she was being taken away.

I know I’m over reacting but I couldn’t bear watching her wince in pain. Once the horrid thought crossed my mind, I was literally on pins and I won’t be at peace until I know that she is far away from that gangster.

I hit the brakes at the entrance to the railway station. With a heavy heart, after taking a long heavy breath, I stepped out of the car with her.

 

 

This is it Kim Jaejoong. The end of the road for your ride with her.

Am I to ask her name?

Introduce myself perhaps?

Yeah, her name would be nice to know.

But she immediately ran towards the building before I could shut the door.

I stepped to call her but decided against it. I have no idea what to talk to her. As a cherry on the top, I have to communicate in English.

I’d rather watch her disappear now rather than have an awkward conversation when she is obviously in a hurry to catch the train.

Still, wouldn’t it have to kill her to bid me a good bye?

 

I sighed hard, dreading to face the wrath of my manager, my PA and my agency.

But she halted, opened her handbag and abruptly turned.

Did she forget something?

Did something fall in the car?

Or was she going to bid good bye?

A ‘Nice meeting you stranger’ maybe?

 

She paced towards me and halted opposite, her face looked in panic and all I could feel was sympathy towards her.

Oh but she did something.

Something that I never dreamt of happening.

She gave me something that I never dreamt of getting from her.

 

If you’re thinking it’s a kiss, do keep on dreaming.

It wasn’t a kiss. It was nothing close to a kiss, or even a smile

She paced to me and extended her hand. Thinking she was shaking hands with me, I extended mine but only felt something paper-ish within my grasp.

“Thank you so much” She breathed out and ran inside leaving me, staring at her disappearing physique and later an Indian Rupee 100 note.

 

An Indian 100 Rupee note?!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter