A Run for Their Life

Love in 1345 Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Jaejoong POV

 

Did I seriously have to do that now?!

 

I did, didn’t I?

 

Urgh!

 

Stupid hormones!

 

My fingers bound around her wrist as tight as super glue as I pushed myself through the crowd not daring to look back, not wanting them to know who I was,

Not wanting to know how close they were.

 

Aish! I know I won’t be able to spend some time with her once we get back but seriously?! CAN’T I FREAKING BE WITH HER IN PEACE IN HERE TOO?!

No I can’t. Because her jerk of a step brother wants to marry her!

 

My heart was beating erratically, sweat forming over the corners of my face. Unconsciously I gripped her tighter to confirm my unnecessary suspicions of whether this hold had broken.

As that thought flew through my mind Amara’s hand clenched over my top. Momentarily I was thankful at that gesture though the true reason was to inform that they were closing. I could hear them shout, yelling her name out, pushing the people aside and coming at us.

God please save us. I can’t lose her. I can’t lose this woman. I’ll give up my fame instead, I don’t mind it. But not her. Anything but her.

We took a sharp turn to our left, a quick right, skipped past two shops and took another right. People were looking at us, just looking without even bothering to help us.

Where has humanity gone? Can’t they see that we were running from a group of gangsters?! Shouldn’t they help us, at least give those hooligans some resistance without jumping to the side?!

“Jae! Turn right!”

“No!” I shouted and pulled her ahead.

Amara gasped almost tripping on her feet but I held her on time, turning around to catch her, finally giving myself the opportunity to finally see who was following us.

 

Oh ! It was that school boy!

 

Instinctively I pulled her body to me and spun around. We took the next left and found ourselves out of the marketplace.

“AMARA!” The boy yelled. I looked back, finally showing myself to the boy.

He momentarily stilled.

I guess he remembered me in the hotel room and finally figured it out that the girl in my bed was none other than Amara.

Amara pushed me forward instinctively, making me look at her. I grabbed her tighter (if that were actually possible) and continued with our escape.

 

OH MY GOD! WHERE ARE WE TO RUN?! WHERE CAN WE HIDE?!

 

People were still looking at us, some of them shouting once being pushed. I didn’t care. Operation: hide from hooligans was in progress hence ignore good for nothing general public was in effect.

 

But was it helping our escapade?

NOPE.

 

But then something familiar was spotted. It was our car.

Not thinking twice we rushed towards the vehicle, my fingers reaching to my pocket to grab the keys (which I thankfully didn't give her eventhough I was about to), daring to risk the fact that they would notice the vehicle number.

The car unlocked and we got in. “Jae hurry!” Amara urged as I was changing the gears, not bothering if there were another vehicle approaching. 

We bumped onto something and Amara gasped in shock but I didn’t bother. I had to get us out of here.

And in case goods or humans are injured, especially if it is the latter, they are helping the greater good.

 

Well… Amara and I, given our genes, are going to make the most beautiful children the world is yet to see. So helping us escape those hooligans = helping establish the future where the world’s most gorgeous babies be born

 

Now isn’t that greater good?

 

I don’t see it otherwise.

 

“Jae!”

“Shut up!”

I hastily turned to the road and sped out giving almost everyone a heart attack. Through the corner of my eyes I saw them disperse, most probably to get to their cars.

Better take advantage of the head start.

“You better not break up with me Amara” I warned her, “No man will do what I am doing right now!”

“Well this wouldn’t have happened if you had at least a tiny bit of self-control”

I wanted to kill her then and there! Too bad I am so in love with her!

“We’ll have to dump this car soon Jae”

“Yeah”

“Break the speed limits ok?”

“Without risking getting caught to the Police of course”

“Don’t worry. People here don’t follow the rules much”

“Don’t lie woman”

“I’m not. I promise”

I switched lanes, jumping from one to the other while Amara was keeping an eye on the road. “Do you see them?”

“Not yet”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter