The Airport Escapade

Love in 1345 Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Jaejoong POV

It feels like rain in my heart,

A never ending storm within me,

I have no idea who you are

You've stolen my sleep

I'm longing for you day and night...

Why did you step away from me?

Why did you look back?

I just can't control this blossoming feeling anymore

You're now part of my life

 

“Junsu-ah” I sighed

“Hyung, is something wrong?” He asked. Yoochun sat beside him. I ruffled my hair and sighed hard yet again.

“She’s messing with my head guys” I pushed my hair back “I can’t stop thinking of her”

“I can’t man. I can’t hold it anymore. I need to meet her”

“Please don’t tell me you’re going to run away from the hotel”

“I’m leaving the country Yoochun!” I couldn’t help but yell “It’s killing me whenever I stare at the darn plane ticket”

It’s been hell ever since my manager confirmed the return ticket. The crew is busy with work and I have no one to maybe, visit the same night market again. There is this uncontrollable urge to talk to her. It feels something deep within me has finally awaken and is yearning for her.

Crazy right?

They, on the other hand, intensively stared at me.

“Are you in love with her?” Junsu hesitantly asked me. I stared back at them, swallowing my spit.

My exact question…

Am I in love with her?

It’s too early for a conclusion. But what of the indications I got during our meeting?

Junsu and Yoochun the only people who can help me out. I had to tell them what I saw the other day.

After a long, relieving breath I mumbled while drawing invisible patterns on my pillow “I heard the bells ring”

“OH MY GOD!” Junsu screeched “You heard it when she was there?!” He seemed to have pulled the tab close to his face. Yoochun was out of focus now.

I nodded slowly. “Loud and clear” I added.

Junsu had this crazy belief that if you meet the one for you, two things ought to happen.

Your surrounding dim and only she will glow in your eyes.

Oh she was glowing. Bright and shiny

You'll hear bells ring in the background

It was a vendor ringing the hand bell. But a bell is a bell right?

The ringing had to be the sign. That she is the one I was waiting for the past 26 years.

“I want you to come back home soon hyung” Yoochun grabbed the tab from the happy duckbutt. “Please. Just because you hear bells, it doesn’t mean she’s the one for you!”

“I know that” I filled my lungs with air “But” I carried my tab to the balcony.

I rested my elbows on the balcony wall staring at the rising sun in the horizon.

“What?” Yoochun asked concerned

“I just can’t stop thinking of her Chun. The whole time we filmed, my mind was replaying our meeting”

“If she is the one for you, you’ll meet her again”

“Stop giving him false hope” Yoochun hissed at the maknae. I sighed a laugh looking at Chun smack Junsu’s head.

“Well” I breathed a long clensing breath “There is no way I’d meet her again.” I hit my palm on the concrete in frustration. “What’s the use of thinking of a girl whom I never see again?” I consoled myself

“Exactly” Yoochun agreed. “So, focus on the filming and get your back to Seoul.”

I headed have a wash after throwing the tab on my bed. All I could think was how I could not keep on thinking of her.

 

 

Filming went well. As I was taking a break, my cameraman sat beside me.

“Jaejoong-ssi, you are awfully silent”

“Well” I smiled, tilting my head to his direction “There’s nothing to say”

I stared at his personal camera, a Sony NEX 7. He was holding it looking at his photographs.

“You know that night when we went out” He mumbled, focussing on his device

I suddenly felt slightly uneasy. I gripped my water bottle hard to not think of a certain someone.

“Yeah, so?” I mumbled softly

“So” He brought his camera closer to his eyes “As I was going through some photos that I took, I came across this”

He gave me the camera. I placed the bottle on the floor beside the front left chair leg and held the camera.

Say hello to my pacing heart!

There she was, her hands clenched, grabbing hold of the hem of her long top, looking at me.

I swallowed my spit trying to come up with a good lie that could be considered as a valid explanation besides the one I already have

That I think I have a teeny-weeny crush towards this unknown beauty.

“That was a long silent conversation Jaejoong-ssi” He bit back his obvious smile.

“Th-t-t-t-that was nn-n-n-n-n-n-t-nothing” I pathetically stuttered

“Hey” He smiled, gently gripping my shoulder “I’m sure this isn’t new to you”

News flash brother! This is all new to me!

I’ve found some of my fans girlfriend-material-attractive, but no one has disturbed me as much as she did in the past two days.

 

As he was about to take this camera from me, I held it back.

“Are there more?” I shamelessly asked, badly expecting a yes.

“Of our time in the streets or…” His eyes narrowed. “Of her?” His teasing tone was obvious.

“Of her” I mumbled, staring at the floor in embarrassment.

“The next couple of photos. And one before this….”

“Thanks” I smiled at him “Is it ok if I perhaps… Copy them to my phone?” I asked hesitantly.

“I will be deleting her photos since she was spotted with you” My heart sank in sorrow.  “But that doesn’t mean you can’t have a copy..”

“Thank you” I smiled in gratitude. “I’ll copy and delete them myself”

“I’ll leave that responsibility with you then” He turned to walk away and I leaned back once I grabbed my phone off my pocket. “She’s beautiful” He commented. I responded with a nod and a smile, making sure to browse forwards and back to the first photo. “It’s a shame that you might not see her again”

“It’s just another day in work” I commented, hiding the heaviness my heart felt.

“True.”

Making myself comfortable, I brought the camera to my eye level to take a good long look at her. God! I love her braided hair. I’ve always seen girls with their hair loose, highlighted, layered, curle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter