Bridging the Language Barrier

Love in 1345 Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry for  not updating earlier!

I got caught up with my other Jaejoong and Changmin stories!!!!!!

 

Anyways,

THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS and font in purple is spoken in English

 

Jaejoong POV

 

Once I shut the door she looked at me gratefully through the window. I smiled back at her. I tapped the body of the car twice and headed to the driver seat.  What was this feeling? I was happy, feeling rather victorious and equally scared. My manager is going to kick my .

Nah, he will chop me into pieces and throw me to scavengers.

Now that’s so not a comforting thought.

I sat on my seat and immediately leaned to the GPS to type what was that place again?

I turned to the backseat and she shot me a questioning look. I showed her the GPS. She leaned forward and frowned at the screen. Her eyes widened almost instantly and she looked at me

“Want me to type the destination?”

Nope, I didn’t understand.

“Where go again?” I questioned in my highly accented English

“Chennai” She replied and took the initiative of typing the destination.

From where we were, I needed to head south west. I tilted my head towards her direction to lock eyes with each other. Giving her an assuring smile, I the ignition. I have never done this before but I closed my eyes and prayed to all the gods in the galaxy to protect the both of us. I’m not sure if god would listen to me since I am an atheist but desperate times calls for desperate measures. I gripped the steering wheel hard and let go to turn on the ignition.

“Are you sure of this?” She asked as I was about to step on the accelerator.

Though I didn’t understand the words, I strangely understood what she meant. She was asking whether I could really do this, wasn’t she?

I turned to her.

“Please…. Believe me” I hope I spoke what I wanted to in English.

Her eyes glimmered. I just couldn’t stop admiring her beauty. She nodded at me and I turned back to step on the accelerator. The ride was quiet. I kept a close eye on the gps and she was looking at the road. She looked still tensed and it affected me. I didn’t like her look at the road in fear I wanted her to smile and to believe in me. I can protect her. I wish to protect her. I barely know her name yet I feel like I’ve known her for a life time.

 

The phone rang snapping me from my thoughts. I chose to ignore it.

It rang again,

I ignored it again.

Oh! It did again and it was getting on my nerves.

“Small help” I spoke in English, looking at her through the mirror. She was tensed up, biting her already redden lips. Her fingers were being pulled and her nails being bitten every now and then.

“Jeo-gi-yo”

She flinched at my calling and looked at me blankly. I fished out my phone and threw it to her.

“3-5-8-7” I informed. She frowned “My PIN” I explained.

She maintained her confused what-the-hell-are-you-telling-me frown but immediately leaned back once she finally understood.

“Want me to unlock it?” She pointed at the phone

“Yes” I answered in English “And switch off”

I am used to driving in the left and the vehicles in India are ridden on the right. If I use my phone whilst driving, it will be the death of the both of us. Plus, listening to my manager, my PA, Junsu, Yoochun and my agency yell at me will be a total turn off during my adventure with Miss. Let-Me-Go.

Her head gradually faced me and she stared at me. I eyed her to follow my request. She shrugged her shoulder and proceeded press the button. The manufacturer’s music gradually died down and the phone switched off. She gave it back to me and I placed it over the dash. I mumbled a “thanks” and she smiled back.

We were back to silently driving and cautiously looking at the road (by her part). I blew a raspberry and began whistling quietly sneaking glances at her every now and then. At times our eyes lock and I get literally lost looking at her eyes. She raises her brows at me and eyes the road. I immediately clear my throat and look ahead. But I couldn’t help but wonder. India is a huge country. We are travelling from north to the south, meaning it’s going to be a long journey. I have only my passport and the good-for-nothing plane ticket, along with my wallet. We have no water to drink. Plus, I only have my tank top and denims that I’m wearing.

I need comfortable clothes for a long drive.

Spotting the first mall, I changed the gear to turn to the car park. She tensed and stared at me as I walked to her door. I opened it and gestured her to follow me.

“Clothes” I pulled the hem of my top.

She seemed to have understood what I told and immediately shook her head and hands.

“No! You go”

“No” I held her hand “You come” I pulled her out and shut the door.

It was a huge building. The 1st floor had men’s wear while the 2nd had ladies. The both of us looked at the map and back at each other. I wanted to ask her if she could come with me for two reasons:

I don’t know the native language and as a cherry on the top, my English is useless I can’t lose her in this huge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter