Will Choke or Won’t Choke?

Love in 1345 Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Jaejoong POV


The elevator doors dinged open. I instinctively held onto the open button to keep the doors open until the both of us step out. Amara looked at me and I looked back, staring right into those eyes of hers. She sure was hesitant to step out and continued her staring.

“You know it’s unfair when you get the privilege of looking at me and I get blamed doing the same...”

From where did I get the guts to talk? I just don’t know. But a part of me just wanted to talk back and get in control in this relationship. I might have kissed her and carried her to the bed but she is the one in control here.

I HATED THAT

“Why can’t I when you do that?”

Leave it to Amara to answer to a question with another question...


Why on earth is she so impossible to crack?!

And why is she so impossible to resist?!

 

But that didn’t mean I would back down. Especially not after our kiss last night.

“I look at you because I like you… Does this mean that you like me too?”

My words had her frozen. She clearly did not expect me to ask back so boldly. But time is running and I somehow feel that the longer she plays push and pull, the harder it will be for me to show her my growing affections. I need some solid proof that we are the real deal so that I could come up with a way to make us go all the way, because if this is just one-sided, with only me putting my pride away and confessing while she just plays her mind games, I might just give up this love….

Too bad I just can’t give up on her. I’ve fallen too hard to give up and that has put me in a difficult position.

Plus that kiss has just gotten me MORE addicted to her!

 

Amara broke eye contact and turned to her left muttering “Let’s get breakfast and hit the road fast”

I shot her a glare.

A murderous one.

“You are diverting our conversation Amara-chan...” I reminded her quite sternly, my eyes fixed over her back profile

She halted, only briefly, but got back to walking. I kicked the floor in frustration, gritting my teeth to control the burning range mixed with frustration and desire. Why on earth can’t she understand what I’m going through to be with her?!


Oh wait…. She doesn’t know who I really am, does she now?


Am I to tell her who I am?

But how will she react?

 

Well, she took the modeling part quite calmly, didn’t she? So I guess me being an idol singer wouldn’t do any difference right?

 


 

But what if…..

 

 

OH MY GOD! THIS IS DIFFICULT!

 

 

Caught in my thoughts I might have not noticed how far away Amara had walked, and that she was standing from afar, looking at me. My anger hadn’t subdued, but my fright had multiplied. So I decided to just keep quiet about my identity and walked ahead. Wordlessly we continued our journey to the restaurant where we first found a quite secluded seat and decided on some coffee and juice as the starters. I opted for the latter while Amara needed something strong for her hangover, hence the coffee. We drank in silence not daring to look at one another. I hated it! I hated how sour the morning was, especially after such a sweet night. Yes, I understand that I am a stranger to her but come on! Can’t she just give me a chance?! Will it kill her to just treat me like she treated me last night?


Or is she hesitant feeling that we would ultimately part ways and never meet again?

 

My eyes shut briefly once more coming up with the right words to speak to her. And when they did, I shifted my position over my seat but, to my rotten luck, the phone rang.

It was from my sister – my oldest.

Oh, she was a fiery one I must say, therefore cutting the line would be bad news to my life.

“Go ahead, answer it...” Amara startled me while sipping her coffee, “You look like you might fall into trouble if you don’t answer it...”

It’s amazing how observant she is although unlike me, she doesn’t make it obvious. I’m happy that she understands me (to some extent) without myself taking the initiative of talking.

Breathing a deep breath, I pressed the answer button and placed the phone over my ear.

“Now why am I staring at photographs of you walking out of a church with a woman?”

The usual me would have playfully responded “Hello to you too noona..” But the very tone of her talk gave shivers down my spine.

“Are you still in India?”

“Neh...” I cautiously responded

“With that woman?”

“Noona...” I breathed out, shifting my stance once again, “She is someone important...”

She grew quiet on the other end, getting me quite uneasy. My family has always respected and supported my every decision, be it my choice of career, my decision to leave TVXQ, especially when I decided to tattoo my body. They have never raised their voice against me but have always given their opinions. It was upto me to listen to them or ignore them. And if I did the latter, they still stood by me.

This time though , she is clearly showing me her objection in the manner she spoke.

“I know you wouldn’t act rash, but I have to be sure of one thing”

“About what noona?” I inquired, eyes set over my partner. Her eyes dead set over her phone staring at the screen without even blinking as she scrolled down, getting me quite curious of what she was checking.

“You didn’t sleep with her, did you Joongie?” My sister snapped me back to the conversation.

And with no he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter