Too Slow

Love in 1345 Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English 

Enjoy!

 

Jaejoong POV

 

I couldn’t take my eyes off the screen that bore the photo of Amara and I get into the car and drive together from the church. Darn it! if she wasn’t seen, I would have lied that I was on holiday with one of my sisters.! Oh god! what am I to do now?!

I shut my eyes and began to take in a deep long breath, wondering how we are to explain the situation. I obviously need to talk with my manager and later the agency to give them my word but what am I to say?

Why can’t someone like me carelessly fall in love? is this the price to pay for becoming famous? Why are people very concerned about my dating life, investigating and butting into my life when the other idols escape from their scandals?

Am I to tell the world that I am in love? How will that fire back?

But how can I when I haven’t confessed to Amara? I need her consent on this.

NO! NO! No! I can’t get ahead of my feelings. We need to properly date and get to know each other and then-

What am I thinking now?!

Me? Going on a proper date?

Yeah right! Like I can walk to a girl’s doorstep, drive her to a romantic restaurant and buy her dinner!

WHAT AM I THINKING?!

 

I knew I had to face this but not so soon. I was expecting this to happen, maybe a year later. My heart began to beat faster than usual. My head felt like it was spinning out of axis. This was too much to handle.

It was only then I realized that I on the road with no disguise, let alone a pair of sunglasses!

“Oh !” I cussed and jolted back to the car. Tossing the phone over the dash, I put my seat belt on and drove forward.

Remembering that I had my sunglasses I looked over the dash. Carefully controlling the steering wheel with one hand I, with my left hand, wore them. I felt Amara’s piercing gaze over me but didn’t respond to it. I had more important matters to think of than her spine-trilling gaze.

But could I think of anything other than her gaze?

NOPE.

Amara was looking at me and I loved it.  I’m glad that she realized that I was waaaaaaay better looking than the roadside!

 

FINALLY!

 

I wanted to act cool by whistling but my traitorous lips backstabbed me. All I wanted was to kiss her and my lips wouldn’t pout unless it was to kiss her.

I wonder if that is a good explanation but that was what my body was saying.

Hmmm… Wonder how she’d react if I pull her by her hand and plaster my lips over hers…..

But I was scared to make a move. It was a gift from god that we weren’t photographed kissing over the escalator. I can’t therefore take a chance right here.

So I resorted to tapping my fingers over the steering wheel and continue driving ahead.

“Hey Jae…”

“Yeap”

“You ok?”

“Uh huh”

“Positive?”

“Yup”

“Hungry?”

“Nope”

“Cool” She muttered and broke gaze from me to look past the window.

I grew quite saddened that she wasn’t looking at me and hated myself for lying to her.

Heaving a deep sigh, I leaned back comfortably to drive past the police checkpoint. We were past Delhi yet still on the NH4 route. My eyes fell on the speed meter that that it’s hand moving anticlockwise, meaning that we were speeding up. Why am I hitting the accelerator more?! Oh, why am I a fast learner?! Why on earth am I comfortable driving on the right now?

My phone rang but I silenced it. I’m in no mood for talking with my agency or anyone Korean now. All I need is to let her know what I feel and take her home with me. We’ll think of the scandal later.

Oh wait…. I can’t be spotted with her. That’ll be the end of the world.

I ruffled my hair in complete frustration. I don’t know what to do and I could only press on the accelerator. I hate this. I DEFINETELY HATE WHAT I AM DOING, but I had nothing else to do. I didn’t know what to do. I told Yoochun that I’d get back to him but I was procrastinating. I knew that it was Yoochun who was calling me because he was the only one who knew my Indian number.

Why wasn’t I careful?  I should have, even though I was sure people wouldn’t recognize me. I guess I forgot about the Ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter