Chapter 9

Please, be mine.

Nayeon

 

It’s been a week since I last talked to her, she’s been very busy with her training for their national game. Well, it’s okay with me as long as she’s happy but I miss her so much. We can’t spend so much time with each other.

“Nayeon,” I looked up to see a worried face of Jihyo. “You okay? You’ve been spacing out.”

I shook my head and gave her a small smile, “I’m okay.” I looked at the vacant seat behind me, “I just miss her.”

“Ohhh, lovebirds.” Then she grins. “She’ll be back after lunch.” I just gave her a nod and a smile before she left.

I let out a sigh as I stare blankly on the board. It’s our free time, because our teacher is sick and he didn’t leave any tasks for us to do. I get my phone in my bag, and messaged Jungyeon that I’ll go to her now before I left the classroom.

I was passing by our lockers when I heard a familiar voice. I stopped from my track and peeked. I suddenly felt heat rushing through my face as I saw Momo and Jungyeon kissing. I touched my cheek when I felt liquids flowing.

“You...” they stopped when they heard me.

Jungyeon rushed towards me but I stepped back, “Nayeon...it’s-it’s not what you’re thinking.” she grabbed my shoulder to stop me from moving away, “Bunny, please listen to me, okay?” she looks at me in the eyes.

“S-Sorry...” I bowed down my head to avoid her gaze. “I-I thought you were...you were training..”

“She kissed me! I swear to God, I didn’t respond.” she cupped my face. “Nayeon, you know I love you, right?”

I shook my head, “I’m not sure this time, Jungyeon.” I said as I immediately run towards I-don’t-know-where.

I stopped when I realized where I am. This is the place where she first smiles to me, where she said those fluttering words, where she confessed her feelings to me, and where I saw her warm side. It’s still quiet, just like the first time I went here.

I sigh when I remembered that moment. , I didn’t know that heart break would be this painful. I didn’t know this would make me feel worse.

I sit behind the tree and let my heart cry out loud.

Jungyeon

I faced Momo and gave her my coldest glare, “You! You shouldn’t have done that!” I punched the wall beside me making her shocked. “ you! I hate you!”

“J-Jungyeon...” she was about to hold my arm when I step back.

“Don’t you dare touch me.” Then I left her there.

I run towards the classroom. , I need to find her and explain everything. I enter the classroom not minding everyone’s looks.

“Jungyeon! What the hell happened to your hand?!” Because of Sana’s shout I looked at my hand just to see bloods dripping out.

“Where’s Nayeon?” I asked them, but they seems like they didn’t know. “Call me if you see her.” I told them as I run out. Nayeon, where the hell are you?

I continue scanning the school ground, but I still couldn’t find her. , you should listen to my explanations first. I frustratingly sit on the side bench in the hallway as I brushed my hair.

“Okay, you don’t have to listen to me, just let me see if you’re safe.” I whispers as I eye-scan the area. “Just let me see you.”

I was about to stand up when I saw her walking towards my direction, but seems like she doesn’t saw me. I walk my way towards her and immediately pull her to a hug. She stiffened for a bit before I feel her relaxing. She doesn’t hug me back, its okay as long as she’s in my arms.

“I won’t let you go.” Then I heard her sob. “Just listen to me, okay?” she gave me a nod. “I know you’re hurt and it’s because of me, I know. I’m sorry. She just kissed me, okay? I didn’t kiss her. That moment that you saw was me pulling away from her. Nayeon, she’s my past and you’re my present, my future. Bunny, you’re my everything.” I explained and kissed the top of her head.

I felt her hugging me back, “I-I trust you.”