Chapter 16

Please, be mine.

Nayeon

I woke up with the sun rays poking my eyes and a light snore beside me. I turned around just to see a handsome sleeping beauty with her arm wrapped around my waist. This scene reminds me the first time I saw her sleeping in our class and she caught me gawking at her.

“Good Morning” I startled when she suddenly open her eyes and greet me with her smile. “You’re staring at me again.” she said as she pull me closer.

“What? No.” I denied but a smirk appeared on her precious lips.

“If you say so,” She said as she stands up and pulls me up. “Let’s go, we’re going somewhere.”

“Where?” I asked her as I tag along with her. “Didn’t you have training? It’s Saturday.”

“It’s still early.” We go straight to the kitchen and she started to cook some breakfast. I took the sit on the kitchen counter. “We have our training at 4 pm, so maybe I’ll be home by 8.”

“Ohhh, can I sleep here again tonight?” I asked her, tentatively.

She looked at me and smile. “Okay, but don’t wait for me.” she told me while she puts the plates on the table. “No no, just sit there.” She stopped me when I’m about to lend a hand.

 

After eating, we took a shower but not together. I quickly dressed up into a gray shirt and a black short. I waited for awhile before a beautifully handsome Jungyeon appeared in front of me.

“Let’s go?” she asked and I nodded. I clung my arm to her as we make our way to her car.

It’s a quiet yet comfortable drive. She was so focused on driving. She looks so hot holding that steering wheel. Her side profile is so beautiful. I won’t get tired of staring at her.

“Staring again, huh?” and a grin appear on her face.

“I’m not.” I denied, again.

“Stop denying it, Bunny.” She said as she took a glance at me and smirks.

“Shut up, Yoo.” I countered as I playfully roll my eyes, earning a laugh. “What’s funny?”

“You.” she answered, still laughing. Gosh, she’s just laughing but I feel like tons of butterflies in my stomach now. “You’re blushing.” She looked at me and chuckle.

I looked away, “I’m not.” I just heard a soft chuckle as I clear my throat.

 

We stopped at a garden, a maze garden to be specific. There is a gazebo at the center according to the map at the entrance. It’s peaceful and nice.

We hold hands as we make our way, entering the maze. “How did you find this place?” I asked her.

“My grandma owns this place.” She answered as she looks around the area. “I used to play here when I was a kid.” Then a small smile appears on her lips making me smile too.

“So, you’re going to tour me in your playground?” I asked her.

She looked at me and smiles, “Sure.” She tightens her hold, “I’ll make sure you’ll be happy.”

I looked at her and nodded. “Let’s go.” I pull her with me.

As we tour the area, few staffs are bowing to Jungyeon whenever we passed by them. She’s really rich.

“This is where I used to sleep when I got tired of running.” We looked at the big tree in front of us.

“You can climb that big tree?”

She nodded, “Yeah, but that was before the accident.” I looked at her, “I fell and broke my arm. I got traumatized so I stop climbing up.”

“Me too.” I told her and it’s my turn to earn a look from her, “I saw my cousin climbing up a pretty high tree, so I tried to copy him, but in the end I just fell and broke my arm. It’s painful.”

“How painful?”

“Not as painful when you’re not with me.” I answered and for a second I thought I saw guilt and pain in her eyes.

She gave me a smile, “We have to go now.” She told me before we start walking again. “I’ll drop you off at the condominium.”

 

We arrived at the condominium. She kisses me before leaving again. I just looked at her fading car before going up to her unit. I got her keys, well a duplicate.

I quickly changed into more comfortable clothes. I decided to watch the TV and just lay on the couch as I wait for her. Not until later, my eyes felt heavy and darkness pull me into sleep.

 

Jungyeon

I saw her sleeping figure first thing as I arrived in my unit. She’s sleeping peacefully on the couch, curled up. I kneeled beside her and just stare at her sleeping face.

I smiled when she starts to stir and slowly opens her eyes, and rubbing it gently, “Jungyeon,” she looked at me and gave me a bear hug before sitting up properly, “How’s your training?” she asked.

I sit beside her and kissed her temple, “All good,” I answered, “Did you have your dinner already? It’s almost nine.”

She checked her wristwatch before shaking her head, “I’m waiting for you.” she told me like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I gave her a small smile, “What do you want to eat?”

“Anything, as long as you’re the one who cooks it.”

“I’ll cook then.” I said as I stand up and make my way to the kitchen. I look for some ingredients, “You want pasta for dinner?”  I shouted from the kitchen.

“Sure!” she shouted as loud as mine or louder, I think. “I’ll just put your stuffs inside the room.”

“Yeah, thanks.” I smile thinking how lucky I am to have a girlfriend like her, to have her in my life. Soon it disappeared thinking that I’ll leave her.

 

After few mixing and seasonings, I’m done cooking our dinner. “Bunny! Food is ready!” I called but I didn’t get any response, taking it as a cue, I went to my or should I say our room.

As I open the door, I saw her there, crying while holding my phone, “Hey, what’s wrong?” I try closing the gap between us but she moves backward. “Bunny, why?”

“You-You’re leaving?” she asked me, tears streaming down her face. “And you hide it from me?”

“Oh god, baby, stop crying.” I told her as I engulf her in my embrace, “I’m planning to tell it to you. I’m just looking for the right time.” She sobbed.

“Right time? When? When you’re no longer here?!” she slapped my shoulder, making my hug loosens giving her the opportunity to make a gap between us. “You promised me…that you’re going to hold me forever, but I guess that was just a mere joke to you.”

“Of course not! I’m not even planning to let you go!” I looked at her, “But I have to. I need to, because if I won’t you’ll get hurt.”

“Bull! I’m hurting right now!” she wipes her tears harshly and sighs, “I won’t stop you, Jungyeon.” She walks her way to the door, but before she fully went out I grabbed her wrist making her stop.

“I’ll come back.” I tighten my hold, “Can you wait for me?” but instead of answering, she slips her arm from my hold and went out leaving me in daze.