Chapter 13

Please, be mine.

Jihyo

We— well I— noticed that Jungyeon seems too quiet the whole bus ride. Well, I know she’s really quiet and cold but, she is sitting beside Nayeon and she’s neither quiet nor cold when she’s with her.  We don’t know what’s happening.

I nudge Dahyun who’s beside me, “What?” she asked taking off her earphones.

“What happened to Jungyeon?” I asked, eyeing Jungyeon.

“She’s always like that.” Then she shrugs before putting back her earphones. I didn’t ask her again because I know that I won’t get any serious answer.

As we reached the camping site, everyone got off from the bus and headed to the office where our school rented the whole camping site for us. I can see that everyone is excited, except for those two lovebirds—Jungyeon and Nayeon — who are both still not talking to each other. Okay, there is really something about this two. I have to talk either of those two.

“Okay class, everyone gather here.” Mr. Kang called. So everyone gather in front of him, waiting for his next command, “You got your tents, right?” We nodded, “Go now and fix up your tent wherever you want inside this site.”

Everyone runs, wanting to be the first one to find the best spot. Dahyun and I are tent mates, and we decided to build up our tent near the exit. Beside our tent is Sana and Tzuyu’s. Speaking of those two, after they talked a week ago, they seem closer. Maybe something is up to them.

I was walking around when I noticed Jungyeon staring mindlessly at the stars, sitting on the ground, back resting on the tree behind her. Where’s Nayeon? I tried scanning the area but I can’t find her, so I walked towards Jungyeon and sit besides her making her startled.

“Jihyo” I gave her a nod.

Silence conquered us for few seconds, before I break it, “Jungyeon, what’s your problem?” I asked without looking at her. “You’re cold, I know but I can feel that something is up.”

“What will you do if you have to choose between your dream and your wish?”

I looked at her, “Isn’t that similar?” She let out a small laugh, a sad one though.

“That’s what I thought too before she came and ruined my plans.” She shook her head, “But no, they are different.”

“What do you mean?” I asked her confusedly.

“Dreams, that’s what you waited for a very long time.” She glance at me, “And wishes, that’s what you hope for, wanting something that is not easily attainable.”

“Stop beating around the bush.” I told her. She gave me a look, and that look is the one I rarely saw. There’s a pure sadness in her eyes and confusion too.

“Jihyo, the coach offers me a contract for an international team and a scholarship,” she sighed, “But I-I have to leave Nayeon.”

“What? Can’t you have both?” She bowed down her head before shaking it, “Why?”

“My dad heard about the offer” I saw her clenching her fist, “He told me that if I won’t accept the offer, he’ll ruin Nayeon’s family business. You know what he can do and it frustrates me that I can’t do anything.”

“Oh god, your father is really a demon.” I tapped her shoulder, “Explain everything to her, she’ll understand.”

We stopped talking when Mina approached us, “Hey, I didn’t know that Nayeon and Youngjin are close.”

Jungyeon stand up immediately after she heard what Mina said, “What are you talking about?” she asked.

“I saw them going to the woods together; I think they will get some fire woods for the bonfire.” Mina answered.

Jungyeon eyes widen before running away. We followed her but I think she’s really fast because we can’t see her anymore, nonetheless we continue walking to the woods.

 

Jungyeon

I run as fast as I could. I need to find her immediately, because she can’t be alone with that jerk. I don’t even know which part of the woods they headed but I don’t care, I’ll find her.

“Nayeon!” I shouted hoping that she’ll hear me and answer back, but there’s no answer just complete silence.

I continued walking, but stopped when I heard whispers and voice of struggling. , thanks to God, I know how to do judo. I carefully approached where the sounds came from.

I saw a familiar figure, and as I got closer my eyes widen as I felt anger building up inside me, “ you!” I shouted as I landed a punch on his face. “What the are you doing with my girl?!” I continue punching his face, but immediately stop when I heard sobs.

I walked towards her, engulfing her in a hug but she punch me, “It’s me, Nayeon.” I whispered but she didn’t stop, “Shh, it’s me, bunny.”

After hearing those words, she stopped before looking at me and hugging me tightly. I tighten the hug as she sobs harder. I rubbed her back, trying to make her calm.

“Jungyeon” she whispers.

“I’m here. I’m here.” I assured her, kissing her forehead. “Nothing can hurt you now, I’m here.”