Epilogue

Please, be mine.

Jungyeon

“Calm down, Jungyeon!” I heard Eunhye shouted as she pulls me down to sit beside her, “We’re getting dizzy because of your antics.” I looked at everyone around me and sigh.

Gosh, I didn’t know waiting for your wife to give birth would give me this kind of feelings. It’s a mixed of nervousness, excitement and I don’t know what else. I can’t help feeling this . I clasped my hand together and pray to Him to guide my wife.

Wife.

I smiled at the thought. Yeah, she’s been my wife for three years now and counting. And now, we’re having a new member in the family. A baby girl, just like what she wished.

“Family of Im Nayeon.” I immediately stand up as I heard the doctor say my wife’s name. “I supposed you’re the wife?” I nodded as I got a small smile from her.

“How is she and my baby?”

She gave me another small smile, “They are both doing great. Your wife is still recovering though but she’s okay nonetheless and your baby, such a healthy little girl weighing at about 8 pounds.” I let out a smile after hearing those words from her. I would jump right here right now if there is no one else around because of too much happiness.

“Thank you, doc.” My mom replied for me because I can’t really talk as joy overpowers me. I feel butterflies in my stomach.

After a few reminders from the doctor she bid her goodbye. So I faced my family and give them my biggest smile. “ dude, you look gay!” Dahyun hissed but instead of telling her to shut up I just gave her another big smile.

I remember where this stuffs all started.

“Jungyeon,” I looked at the bunny in front of me as she surrounds her arms on my waist as I put mine around her shoulders, “Do you want a child?” she asked staring directly at me eyes.

I couldn’t react because of mixed emotions. Happiness because she asked me about something I hoped. Confusion because it’s a sudden question from her.

I heard her sigh so I looked at her again as her head is already bowed down, “I-It’s okay if you don’t want to.”

I lift her chin so she would look at me, “Hey, look at me” I told her as she still avoids my gaze, “Look baby, Nayeon, I want to you to listen carefully, okay?” she nodded, “You know that I love you, everything about you and everything from you. If there’s one more thing I wish is that for us to be a complete family, you as the mom, me as the dad, and of course our baby.”

After our talk, we told everyone close to us about our plan and they all supported us. We researched about different methods and we chose IVF. My brother, Yoo Jungwook, volunteered to donate the and we thanked him for that.

“Yoo to earth?” I looked at Jihyo as she snapped her fingers right in front of my face, “You’re creepy, dude.”

“What?”

“Tss nevermind, let’s go. Your wife has been transferred to her room.” She told me as she walks in front me and I followed suit.

When we enter the room, my eyes locked at the sleeping figure on the bed. She looks tired and pale but still a beauty. I walk to her side as I held her hand and kissed her forehead.

I was playing with her fingers when she opens her eyes, “Hey, did I disturb your sleep, pretty?” she smile and shook her head. I kissed her forehead again, “Thank you.” I sincerely told her as I caressed her cheek.

“For what?”

“For everything. Thank you for giving me an angel and another reason to be thankful to God. Thank you for carrying her within those nine months. Thank you for not giving up during your morning sickness visits. Thank you and I know I can’t thank you enough.” I held her hand and kissed it, “I love you.” I told her as I wipe her tears.

She hugged me, “And I thank you too, for the massage, for the midnight snacks, for the tissues, for hugging me and singing me Disney songs, for not leaving my side, for understanding my moods, and for loving me.” I tighten the hug and kiss her cheek.

“Anything for my wife.”

We broke the hug as we heard the door opens and our heart melt at the sight. Nayeon’s mom is holding our baby as two nurses follows her.

“Here’s the little princess.” She gave me our baby and I never felt this nervousness as I held her in my arms. Gosh, she’s so tiny like a fragile little doll. I felt the corners of my eyes getting hot and soon tears pours down.

I walk towards Nayeon still holding our princess, “S-She’s so small.” Nayeon smile before wiping my tears, “She’s so beautiful.” I looked at Nayeon and notice that she’s also crying so I kissed her eyes and her lips.

“Excuse me but may I know the name of the baby?” one of the nurses asked holding a clipboard.

I looked at Nayeon and waited for her to name the baby, “Yoo Areum.” The nurses nodded and excused themselves.

I looked at our baby, Yoo Areum, “Your name fits you well, princess.” I kissed the tip of her nose, “You’re so beautiful.” And I looked at Nayeon who’s staring at us with a smile on her lips.

“Are you happy?” she asked me.

After all these years, I realized so many things about life, family, friendship and love. My dad, he’s still the strict and serious man like before but he learned to listen and understand people more.  My mom, we lost our communication when I was a child and thanks to Nayeon’s perseverance we were able to find her and she got back with the love of her life, my dad.

Everyone around us would come and go, some people would only be there for some chapters, and some would just be a cameo but some would be there from the prologue to the epilogue. People around us have their own roles and lines.

Im Nayeon

The love of my messy life. My one and only, my bunny, my everything. She makes me realize that there is more to appreciate outside my zone.

The girl who ruined my life into a very great one. The one who breaks the ice within me.

I looked at my princess once more before kissing my queen.

“Very much.”

---

Sooooo yeah! I don’t know if anyone would read this, but hey I put an epilogue!

And once again, THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR SUPPORTING THIS MESS. HIHI.

SALAMAT! THANK YOU! XIE XIE! KAMSAHAMNIDA! ARIGATO! MERCI! GRACIAS!

I LOVE YOU ALL MWAPS :----))))

-Soul ng buhay mo