Chapter 24

Please, be mine.

Jungyeon

“I don’t have anyone.” she looks at me with confusion written on her face. “I promised you that I will hold and love you forever, right?”

“J-Jungyeon”

“My heart never beats for anyone like how it beats for you,” I let out a sigh, “I will hold you and love you still even if you didn’t ask me to.” I walk closer to her and hold her hand.

I saw her gulped, “Jungyeon, sorry.”

“For what?”

She looks at me straight in the eyes, “For everything and…for this.” she slowly leans in until I felt her lips against mine.

As we pull out from the kiss, she leans her forehead on mine, “You’re seriously making me crazy, Im Nayeon.”

She hugs me as she buries her face at the crook of my neck, “I missed you.” Her warm breath brush against my skin as she said those words.

“I missed you more.” I mumble as I feel wetness on my shoulder and before I could react I hear her sobs. “What’s wrong?”

She shakes her head and tightens the hug as her shoulder goes up and down because of her cries. I gently pat her head and kiss her temple.

Looking like she doesn’t want to let go anytime soon, I fished out my phone from my pocket. I looked at my playlist and chose a ballad song. As the song plays, I put my arm around her and slowly sway ourselves.

“I’ve always wanted to dance with you but I never got the chance.” I whisper as I held her tight.

She continues to cry as we dance through the dance, “You better stop crying now, bunny.” I said as I slowly pull out from the hug, “Gosh baby, stop crying please.”

“I want to stop crying too, but” she sobbed, “these stupid tears just won’t stop.” I almost laugh seeing her cute crying messy face. I cupped her cheeks and wipe her tears with my thumb and kiss her eyes.

“You know how much I hate seeing you cry, right?” She gave me a small nod, before wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

“I-I’ll stop now.” I stared at her for a few seconds as my lips curved into a smile. “What? Why are you smiling?”

“I don’t know.” She raises her eyebrow, “I-I just feel so happy and contented right now.”

She looks at me suddenly as worry etched on her face, “But how about Eunhye?” she distant herself, “Oh god, I don’t want to hurt her, Jungyeon.”

I gave her a small smile before reaching out her hand, “You’ll hurt her more if you reject me.” I pull her out of the rooftop and ride the elevator.

“Jungyeon,” she tried to pull her hand away but I just tightened my hold, “You can’t have both of us, you know.” Those lines from her made me laugh and release my hold from her.

“Nayeon, of course I can’t.” I said in between my laughs. Gosh, thinking about having my cousin as my girlfriend makes me shiver.

“Why the hell are you laughing? I’m freaking serious here!” she slaps my arm hard and glare at me.

“It’s because you’re being funny, Nayeon.” I defended as I hold her hand, “I want you, okay? Only you.” After hearing the ding, I quickly pull her out of the elevator. As we walk out of the building, I realized something. She’s not scared of enclosed area anymore. She’s gotten stronger.

When we reached the cottage I quickly look for Eunhye, “Eunhye!” She immediately turns to face me, “Eunhye!” I was about to walk towards her when a sudden force pulled me back.

“Are you nuts? You’re going to hurt her, Jungyeon!” Nayeon hissed still not letting me walk a single step.

I gave her a smile, “I won’t hurt her,” she gave me a look, “How can I hurt my cousin, Nayeon?”

“W-What? Cousin?”

Seeing her flustered state, I immediately pull her towards where the group is. I make her stand with me infront of Eunhye.

“Im Nayeon meet my cousin,” I gave a smile to Eunhye, “Choi Eunhye.”

--

Hi guys! Sorry for this short update and for updating super late. I was busy with our thesis. I promise to make it up to you by next week! :)

Enjoy! xo

-Soul