Chapter 18

Please, be mine.

Jungyeon

Two more days and I’ll be leaving, they doesn’t know that my departure will be earlier. I don’t know, I just don’t have the guts to tell it to others, not when they’re laughing loudly in front of me. Not when I can see their happiness in their eyes, so I don’t think I should ruin the moment.

“Hey, are you okay?” Jihyo asked as they shifted their gazes to me, “You’re spacing out.”

I looked at them and nod, “Yeah, I just didn’t got enough sleep last night.” I reasoned out. They seems like they buy my lie, because they continue to talk about other stuffs again.

I smiled to myself, looking at them so happy. God knows how much I’ll miss them, especially her. I laugh when Dahyun fell from the chair. “Jihyo! You little punk!” she shouted as she started chasing Thomas the train.

“It’s not my fault that the chair moved!” Jihyo retorted, but it seems like Dahyun doesn’t like to listen to whatever Jihyo is saying. “Can you stop chasing me?!”

“I’ll kill you!” Dahyun shouted, running faster, “You kicked the chair!” They continue the chase and run game they’re doing until the professor enters.

“What’s wrong, Ms. Park and Ms.Kim?” Mr. Jung asked, putting down his things on the teacher’s table.

“Nothing, sir.” The two answered in chorus, as they returned to their sits. The others and I almost laugh because they look like a kid who got caught stealing candy.

“Okay, so is everyone present?” He asked, I looked at the vacant seat in front of me.

“Nayeon isn’t here.” one of our classmates said. I bow my head down; ignoring the looks our classmates is throwing me.

“Ms. Yo-- I’m here, sir.” an angelic voice cut off the old manly voice. “Sorry for being late, sir. I just went to the clinic.”

“It’s okay, take your sit.”

Why did she go to the clinic? Is she sick? I stare at her as she takes the seat in front of me. She’s somewhat pale, and her face, it doesn’t have the same glow.

As our professor discuss about geology and stuffs, I am busy watching every move Nayeon makes. I know it feels creepy, but I don’t want to forget every curve and angles she has. I want to see her, and memorize every part of her. But I should stop now.

I raise my hand, earning the attention from our professor and the others, “What is it, Ms. Yoo?”

“I’ll go to the washroom, sir.” I answered; he gave me a confused look before nodding. I immediately went out of the room. , I can’t take this. Every time I see her, all I want to do is to hug her tight and kiss her.

I didn’t go to the washroom; instead I go to the rooftop. I sit near the railings, inhaling the fresh air from above. I get my phone inside my pocket, and decided to text Jihyo.

Hey, I’ll go home now. Just drop my bag off at the mansion, okay? TY. 

I decided to stay longer, before going home. I was about to close my eyes when my phone vibrated. I opened the message.

Why at the mansion? I bite my lips before typing a reply.

I’ll discuss something with Dad.

After sending the message, I stand up. Dusting off my pants, and stretch my arms. “Jungyeon” I turned around to face the source of that voice.

“Momo”

“Don’t you have classes?” she asked, as she steps closer. “Are you cutting classes now?”

“Want to join me?” I asked earning a playful slap on the arm from her. “What? Don’t tell me you’re a coward?”

“I’m a member of the student council, Yoo.” I scoffed, “I should stop you, but that’s not a bad idea at all. Let’s go.” I gave her a small smile, before getting out of the rooftop.

“Where do you want to go?” I asked her as I start the car engine. I fastened my seat belt and so she is.

“Anywhere.” she answered, giving me a small smile. I nodded and storm off, ignoring the whistle from the guards.

We laugh when we saw how the guards scratch their napes. “Oh my god,” she looked at me, “I didn’t imagine we’re gonna do this!”

I pressed the button that will make my car roofless. “This is awesome!” I shouted, “Let’s just go wherever we can reach.”

Few minutes passed with comfortable silence, when we reach my favorite area, “This field still stays awesome.” I got out of the car after I parked it on the side road.

We sit at the grass field, staring nowhere. “Momo” I silently called out, “I’m gonna tell you a secret.”

“Secret?” she looked at me confusedly, “Okay, let’s hears it out.”

“I’m leaving,” I looked above, “within two days.”

“You hide it from them?” I nodded. “Why?”

“Maybe because I can see how happy they are.” I sighed, “And I don’t want to ruin it.”

“You are so stupid.” She looked at me, “You better tell it to them.”

“I can’t.” It’s my turn to look at her, “It’s hard, you know.” Momo stare at me, lips forming a thin line.

“What’s your plan, then?”

“Leave then tells it to them after.” I answered; she hit my arm before rolling her eyes. “What?” I chuckled.

“How about Nayeon?” I bite my lips, not knowing what or how to answer. I don’t know, I don’t even know if we broke up. “Jungyeon.”

“I don’t know.” I honestly answered, I looked at her eyes, “I don’t even have an idea if we broke up already.”

“What? What happened?”

I let out a small laugh, “To make it short, she got mad because I hide that I’ll be leaving.” I sigh, “I’m just trying to protect her and everyone.”

“Why do you have to protect them?” she asked, giving me a confused look, “Your dad has something to do with this, right?” I nodded.

“He’s ing using his power again.” I bow my head down, “And I’ll do everything to protect her and my gang.”

“You really love her, huh?”

“Of course, more than you think.”

--

Sorry for the super late update. (Epal kasi PLDT. Hehe)