Chapter 4

Please, be mine.

Jungyeon

A couple of weeks had passed already and Nayeon has been drifting away. I don’t get why she’s doing that, but hell it pains me.

“Hey, what’s with the face?” Mina asked as she took the seat beside me. I looked at her and frown. “Missing her?” I rolled my eyes at her causing her to laugh.

“Nothing’s funny.” I said putting down my head.

“I just can’t believe that the coldest person I’ve known is in love.” She said teasing me. I just ignored her because me too, can’t believe that I’m in love. “You are slowly becoming a warm person, Jungyeon.” Then she chuckles.

“She’s avoiding me.” I said closing my eyes. “I don’t get it, Mina. I hate it, not seeing her, not being able to talk to her. Just this life.” I hissed as I get up and went out of the room. Good thing it’s our free time and most of our classmates are in the canteen, including her.

“Talk to her!” I heard Mina shout. As if on cue I ran towards the canteen completely ignoring those fan girls blocking my way.

When I reached the canteen, I saw her laughing with some of our classmates. I just stare at her for seconds and make up my mind. I’ll say everything now before it’s too late. I have to make a move now. I heaved a sigh and walk my way towards her. As soon as I stopped in front of their table everyone stopped talking.

She doesn’t notice me because her back is facing me. “Jungyeon.” I heard one of the people in the table said making her to stiffen a bit. I just continue staring at her back because she’s not facing me.

“Nayeon,” I pause as I sigh, “Let’s talk.” Okay, fine I don’t care if I have to ruin my image for her to talk to me. Gosh, I’m not the type that will chase girls; they are the one chasing after me but she is different.

“Jungyeon…” she said, slowly facing me. I hold her hand and drag her with me. I really want to talk to her to clear things up. “Where are we going?” I just tighten my hold on her hand and ignored her question.

I stopped in our school’s garden. There’s no one here so it’s okay if we talk here. I look at her and smile. She looks shock; I smile again and bow down my head.

You can do it, Jungyeon. Right, I can do this. I let out a big sigh and look at her in the eyes. “Nayeon, uh just listen to me first okay?” she nodded completely in daze. I continue, “Okay, the first time I saw you, you were like an angel, maybe more than an angel a goddess maybe. I like you, no, I love you. this life, hell my image just got ruined but the hell I care, I want to make you mine. You’ve been avoiding me for days and it ing hurts, okay? You’re just in front of me in class but it seems like you are so far. Stop avoiding me, please.” I breathe, still holding her hand.

“J-Jungyeon…” I smiled hearing her saying my name. “Oh god, why me?” she whisper but I still catch that.

“You don’t have to answer yet,” I squeeze her hand, “I’ll wait.” She bows her head down and I can see her shoulders are shaking. , she’s crying.

“Jungyeon…” I hugged her tight, making her feel that I won’t let go.She sobbed.

“Stop crying.” I continue rubbing her back. I felt her hugged back. “I’m here, okay? I hate seeing you cry. Nayeon, please stop crying.” I pulled back from the hug and wipe her tears with my thumb.

I hold her hand again and drag her with me. Sooner, our second class will start now. I don’t want to be late and I don’t want her to be late. As soon as we reach the classroom, I let go of her hand and smile at her, but before we enter I wear my usual poker face again. I heard her laughed because of that.

“Where did you go, dork?” Dahyun asked as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

“None of your business, birdie.” I teased as I remove her arm. I heard our gang laughing but immediately stop when the teacher come in.

The teacher starts the discussion as soon as he put down his books. I look at the girl in front of me who is currently busy listening to the discussion and taking down notes. I’m smiling like an idiot until I felt someone kicked my foot.

“Jungyeon to earth.” Sana whispered and chuckles. I glared at her. “You are smiling alone, dimwit.” And I unconsciously touch my lips. God, I did change so much and I’m happy because of that. I change for the better because of her.

“Shut up.” Then I rolled my eyes and stare at her back again.

As the class ended Nayeon gave me a piece of paper before she run away. I look at the paper on my hand. What the hell is this? I opened it and smile like a stupid again.

‘Hey Jungyeon,

Thank you for loving me. I still can’t say that L-word more than like but I know someday.

I’ll stop avoiding you. I just thought that it would help me forget about my feelings for you

But it just keeps on growing.

I like you, Jungyeon.

-Nayeon’