Chapter 17

Please, be mine.

Jungyeon

It’s been weeks since we last had our conversation. She’s avoiding me, and it feels hell. She’s just in front of me in class, but I can’t even approach her. I can feel her coldness towards me. She won’t look at me, yet I only have my eyes on her.

“Hey, staring at her again?” I looked up to see Jihyo staring at me, “That becomes your hobby now.”

I shake my head trying to remove the negative thoughts running inside my mind, “I need to talk to her before I leave.”

I heard her sigh before she taps my shoulder, “I understand” she said, “Anyways, when are you going to leave?”

I answered as Nayeon walked out of the room with some guy, “After a week.” I looked at her, and she met my gaze with wide eyes.

“What the heck?” she shouted as she abruptly stood up from her seat, earning the looks from our classmates. I pull her down, “Seriously? That soon?”

I gave her a small nod, “Everything is prepared already, they’re just waiting for me.” she looks at me, “You know, I beg my dad to at least give me a week to explain myself to her.”

I stand up, and walk towards the door, “Where are you going?” Jihyo asked.

I turned to face her, “Gonna make my wish come true.” I answered as I earn a laugh from her.

“Make sure to make it come true.” I gave her a nod before I continue walking. I reach her favorite spot in the campus which is the garden.

I saw her there, but not alone. She’s talking to a guy, I know him. He’s one of the basketball varsity team. A guy named Junior. I walk closer, hiding myself behind the trees.

“Are you free this afternoon?” I heard the jerk asked, so I peek and I see a faint blush visible on Nayeon’s face.

“Yeah, why?” she answered still blushing.

“I just want to ask you out for some ice cream?” he asked, tentatively. Hell, I want to wipe off that smile on his face right now.

“Oh sure!” Nayeon answered enthusiastically. I envied her; she can smile while I can’t.

Are you going to be happy without me?

“Yoo Jungyeon!” I almost jump when someone shout my name. I peek at Nayeon and that jerk, and saw them looking for me. “What the hell are you doing there?”

I clear my throat before going out of my hiding place, “, Dahyun” I walk towards her, not minding the looks behind me, “You really got a nice timing there, dude.”

I put her in a headlock, pulling her with me, “Hey! What did I do?” I hold her tight, “Ahh! Let me go! I heard you’re leaving in a week!” I stop from my tracks and looked at her.

“Jihyo told you already?” she gave me a nod. I looked behind me, catching the look Nayeon is giving me.

I looked at Dahyun again before sighing, “So, you really are leaving?” it’s my turn to give her a nod, “Why so soon?”

“Dad prepared everything already.” I my lips, feeling it dry, “I just beg him to give me at least a week to talk to her, but I think, my departure will be more earlier than planned.”

“I’m really sorry.” she said as she taps my shoulder, “You know, I just got really shocked when Coach told me that you accepted the offer, so I called you, not knowing that she’ll answer it.”

I look at her before walking, feeling her tailing behind me, “Just promise me, that you’ll keep an eye on her.”

“Promise! I’ll never let anyone go near her!” she declared raising her right hand to pledge.

“That’s not what I mean, Dahyun!” she gave me a confused look, “Don’t stop her from loving again, just protect her for me.”

“Okay, I promise.” I smile as I heard her answer. It’s just what I needed, someone who can look after her for me.

Silence conquered us as we continue walking through the hallway, gaining fantasizing gaze from the students hanging out all the way. I got used to it after all these years, having people screaming your name or idolizing you -- and even having a crush on you.

“See you later, Yoo.” Dahyun waved her goodbye. I just gave her a small nod.

“Yoo!” I turned around to face the person shouting the hell out my name.

“What is it this time, Jihyo?” I asked her, not minding the cold tone enveloping my words.

“Woah, seems like the old you is back.” she says as she puts her arm around my shoulder, “Anyways, how was your wish going on?”

“Seems like it won’t come true anymore.” I told her as I give her a sad smile.

“Jungyeon” she hold my shoulder, making me feel that I’m not alone. “What’s your plan now?”

“I’ll come back,” I told her as I clenched my teeth, “And make her mine again."