Chapter 11

Please, be mine.

Jungyeon

 

Everyone is busy this week because of the national event our school will be joining. The whole school is preparing to support us.

“Jungyeon.” I faced the person who calls my name.

“Chaeyoung.” she gave me a small smile before she closes the gap between us and gave me a bear hug, soon after she pulls away. “What was that for?”

“A thank you and sorry hug.” she answered as she stands besides, staring at the open field where we are right now.

I looked at her confusedly, “Thank you and sorry for what?” I saw her smile.

“Thank you for playing with the team again. You’re a really big help to us.” she gave me a pat on my shoulder before she walks away but stop again, her back facing me “And sorry for my sister’s stupidity. You know Momo, she really loves you.”

“No, she doesn’t love me because if she really does, she’ll fight for our relationship from the start.” she turns to face me, “But she chose to end our relationship.”

She smiled bitterly, “You know how much our parents hate your family, and vice versa.” I scoffed, “Both our families are against you two being together.”

“But I fought for it and she didn’t.” I sigh, “Chaeyoung, I already moved on. It’s been three years already, so please, just please tell her to stop bothering us.”

She gave me small nod, “I’ll talk to her.” then she left.

I walk to the nearest bench and sit. I buried my face on my hands and try to relax myself. This week had been tiring.

“Jungyeon, you okay?” I looked up to see a worried face of Nayeon. She sits beside me as she puts her arm around my shoulder, making my head rest on her shoulder. “Answer me, are you okay?” her voice sounds stern.

“I’m just tired.” I answered closing my eyes. I felt her soothing my hair.

“How’s your hand?” I opened my eyes and eyed my hand.

“It’s okay now.” I told her raising my hand with few band-aids.

“That’s good.” she says as she holds my hand. “Rest for now. You’ve been training the whole day for pete’s sake.” I nodded and close my eyes again.

She’s humming some classical music when I call her name, “Nayeon.”

“Hmm?” I pulled up my head and looked at her. She too does the same. We’re staring at each other now.

“You...You won’t leave me, right?” her eyebrows furrows.

“Why are you asking that?” she cupped my face and gave me her smile that makes my heart flutter and gives me butterflies in my stomach. “Of course, I won’t leave you.”

“That’s good then.” then I pull her for a hug, “We’ll be together for a lifetime.” I heard her chuckle and playfully hit my back before she tightens the hug.

We pull away when we heard someone call us, “Nayeon! Jungyeon!” Jihyo stopped in front of us catching her breath.

“What is it, Jihyo?” Nayeon asked.

Jihyo let out an exhale first before standing up straight and looked at us, “Oh god, I’ve been looking for you like forever.” she wipes some sweats on her forehead and continue, “The coach is looking for you, Jungyeon.”

“Why?” I asked before standing up. 

“I don’t know.” she shrugged. “Just go at the gym and figure it out yourself.”

I looked at Nayeon, “Want to go with me?” I asked her.

She gives me a smile before shaking her head, “No, it might be a serious matter. I’ll just wait for you in the classroom.”

I smile at her before hugging her and kissed her forehead, “Okay, just go with Jihyo.” I said before eyeing Jihyo.

“Okay okay, I’ll take care of your bunny, Yoo.” she said as she rolls her eyes.

“See you later.” Then I wave at her before running towards the gym.

 

“Coach” I greeted before I bow to show respect.

He patted my shoulder before guiding me to the bleacher to sit. “You know that we only have a couple of weeks before the national event, right?” I nodded. “There will be some international sport scouts who’ll be attending, so I want you to do your best and make it to an international team.”

I got excited when I heard those words from him. I stared at him, “Coach, I don--”

He cut me off, “I’ll be expecting, Jungyeon.” he taps my shoulder, “Don’t disappoint me this time.” he said before leaving.

I don’t want to disappoint anyone, not anymore. And I don’t want to hurt Nayeon. Being a member of an international team means leaving for another country and I can’t leave her here, not alone.

I walked out of the gym, thinking what to do when Momo suddenly pops-out in front of me. I stopped walking and stare at her.

“Jungyeon” she looks apologetic. “Sorry for everything. Sorry for letting go, and giving up on our relationship but really, I really loved you and I still love you.” she gives me a sad smile, “I want you to be happy with her.” I saw a lone tear falls from her eyes but she quickly turn and walked away.