Chapter 3

Please, be mine.

Jungyeon

“Hey, what happened to your face?” I looked at Jihyo who's staring at me right now, “You look like a zombie, dude.”

“I can’t sleep last night.” I sighed and put my head down on my arm. I can’t forget the feeling when I held her hand yesterday. It’s so soft and warm. The smile she had on her face before going inside her unit that makes my heart flutter and the main reason why I can’t sleep last night.

“Why?” Dahyun asked as she taps my shoulder. I looked up and frown. I’m ing sleepy right now. “Oh man, what happened to your eyes?” then, she laughed. I want to smack her right now.

“She can’t sleep last night.” Jihyo answered for me. Oh god, thank you for giving me a friend like her that I can count on.  “Maybe, thinking of her love.” Then she looked at me and smirk. Oh god, I’m taking back what I said earlier.

“Shut up.” I put my head down and close my eyes. God, I really need sleep now. I just want to lay on my bed and sleep.

“Hi Nayeon!” I heard Mina shouted. I fight my urge to look up and stare at her. I’m like this because of her pretty smile that keeps me awake the whole night.

“Hi.” She replied, and then I felt the chair in front of me move meaning that she already took her sit. I stay still keeping my eyes close. “Hey Jungyeon” then I felt someone tapped my head.

I slowly open my eyes and look at her, “Why?”  I asked her. She looks shocked then after awhile she laughed.

“What happened to your eyes? You got some big eye bags.” She said while laughing. I give her my infamous glare. “Sorry sorry, you just look really funny.” You won’t be saying that if you knew that you’re the reason behind this eye bags.

“Hey Jungyeon, you’re in charged in the foods today.” I looked at Mina and remembered what I said yesterday. “Okay guys, let’s go and eat. Jungyeon’s treat.” Then all of us went out; Sana and Jihyo dragging Nayeon with them while Mina and Dahyun dragging me.

After we find our seat, all of them are saying what food they want at the same time. I can’t understand a single thing. “Stop.” I said in a very cold tone making them stop and stare at me including her. “I can’t understand you. I’ll buy anything and you can’t complain.” They all nodded. I sigh and walk away towards the cashier.

I check the menu in front of the cashier, “Six carbonara and juice please.” I said. I wait for a few minutes for my orders to get ready, but before I grab everything someone get some from my grip.

“Momo…” she smiled at me and walk away bringing the foods I bought.

“I’m helping you. Don’t worry, I’ll leave after this.” She said still walking towards our table. She stopped in front of my friends and put down the foods. I follow her and put down the drinks.

“Thank you.” I said before she leaves.

“No worries, Jungyeon.” She smile and go closer to me before she pull me for a hug. “Bye, see you when I see you.” She pull out from the hug and look at Nayeon and smile.

“Just like what the ?” Dahyun said after Momo left. “She still can’t get over you?” I just ignore her question and sit beside Jihyo in front of Nayeon.

“Just eat, guys.” Jihyo said and grabbed the food in front of her. Everyone starts eating except me and Nayeon. I look at her, she looks upset. I don’t know but I have this little hope inside me that she is jealous about what happened earlier.

“You don’t like the food?” I asked her. She looks at me and shook her head while smiling. “Why aren’t you eating?”

“Nothing.” She smile again and start eating. I start eating as well but I can’t take my eyes off of her.

After our break, the classes resumed again. I’m still watching this girl in front of me. It seems like every minute she is sighing. I want to ask her what’s wrong but I’m afraid what she might think of me. This is okay; at least I can see her.

  “You like her, don’t you?” Mina whispered. I look at her, shock written all over my face. “Don’t try to deny it, Yoo. It’s obvious; everyone in the gang knows it.” I shifted my gaze and nodded. There’s no need to hide it, I can trust them anyway.

“Don’t tell her yet.” I pleaded. I’m not yet ready.

 

Again, I stare at her back and sigh. What the heck did you do to me, Im Nayeon?