Chapter 12

Please, be mine.

Jungyeon

“So class, prepare your stuffs for the upcoming camping of our batch, okay?” we all said yes with a nod. “This is the last bonding we can have as a batch because you all are going to separate on college.” I bowed down hearing those words. I don’t want to separate from Nayeon.

“Hey, are you nervous about the game tomorrow?” Dahyun asked as she tapped my shoulder after the teacher took her leave. “We’re a family. We can do it.”

I looked at her, “Can we talk for a bit?” I asked.

“Sure” I stand up and walk towards the door, but stop when someone calls my name.

“Jungyeon, where are you going?”  I turn to look at Nayeon who has this curious and worried face.

“Don’t worry. We’ll just talk about the game tomorrow.” I answered, giving her a small smile. She gave me a small nod and a smile.

 

When we reached the rooftop, I took an immediate sit resting my back on the wall. I let out a frustrated sigh. “What’s wrong?” Dahyun asked as she took the sit beside me.

“Coach got me an offer.” I answered looking down.

“Oh what’s the problem with that?”

“He wants me in an international team.” I bite my lips suppressing my frustration, “And they offer me a college scholarship.”

“You know you don’t need that one, right?” She laughed, “You’re richer than everyone.”

“You remember the deal between me and my dad?” I looked at her, “He won’t shut down the volleyball team of our school if I get a scholarship and I want to prove myself to him.”

“So, what’s your problem?”

“I want to prove myself to everyone, and stop disappointing them but...” I sighed, “Nayeon… I have to leave her if I accept the offer.”

“Why? Can’t you have both?” Dahyun asked confusedly.

I shook my head, “I saw a copy of the contract,” those rules are bulls, “One of the conditions is that I can’t be in a relationship. They believe that it would be a distraction.”

“That would be hard, Yoo.”

“I know” I closed my eyes, “It’s my dream, but she’s my wish.”

“Stop thinking about that first.” She gave me a comforting smile, “We have a game to win tomorrow.”

I nodded, “Right, we have to win that game.”

We go back to the room short after our little conversation and I got welcomed by a warm hug, “Bunny” She tightens the hug as I hugged her back, “Why?”

Instead of answering me, she let out a cough followed by a sniff. I pulled out from the hug and looked at her, she’s pale. “What’s wrong?” I cupped her face, “, why you didn’t tell me that you’re sick?”

“I don’t want to make you worry” she gave me smile, “You’re worrying too much and I don’t want to add.”

“You’re just making me worry more.” I told her as I reach the jacket on my seat, “Want to go home?”

She shook her as I put my jacket around her, “No, I’ll be fine.” I zipped the jacket and gave her a look. “Ehh, stop looking at me like that. Promise, I’ll be fine.”

I put her in an embraced again, “Just make sure you won’t collapsed.” She nodded.  “You’ll sleep in my unit tonight or until you got better.”

She hugged me back, “What about your training later?”

“We don’t have a training later.” Then I kissed her forehead.

“Yoo! Stop being so cheesy.” Jihyo shouted, “Not everyone here has a love life.”

I looked at her, “I thought Sana have Tzuyu?” Then Tzuyu suddenly enter our room making our Sana blushed.

“What? I heard my name.” Tzuyu said going near to where Sana is. “Anyways, we need to talk.” Stopping right in front of Sana who is still blushing.

I saw Sana gulp, “About what?” I almost laughed because of her tone. She’s obviously trying not to stutter.

“Just follow me.” Tzuyu commanded before walking her way towards the door but stops beside me and whisper something that made me smirk, “I heard you earlier.” She smiles and continue walking with Sana behind her.

 

Nayeon

This is the day everyone anticipated. Every students of our school is present to support our school’s varsity team. I looked at the court where the players are stretching and doing some stuffs. I saw my Jungyeon, doing her warm ups. She really looks hot wearing that jersey.

“I know she’s hot but please stop drooling.” I heard Jihyo laughed after I touch the side of my lips to see if I’m really drooling.

“Shut up, Thomas the train.” I said as I punch her arm. 

We stop fighting when we heard that the players will be announced. As the name of Jungyeon was called, everyone shouted. I heard some, ‘Jungyeon you’re so cool!’ ‘Yoo Fighting!’ and series of ‘I love you, Yoo Jungyeon!’

The game started immediately as all the players were called. I can’t control my shout when Jungyeon score a point. “That’s my girl!” I shouted and she looked at me and gave me a smile making the crowd goes wild.

The game match ended faster than expected, I thought they will reach until set 5 but it was finished within 3 straight sets, and our school winning.

I was about to walk to Jungyeon when their Coach grab her arm and pull her towards a random man. I just watch them talking from afar. I can see Jungyeon’s excitement and sadness. What are they talking?

Dahyun approached me and looked at the same way I’m looking at, “Ask her.” I gave her a curious look after what she said, “She’s not the type to open everything she’s feeling inside.” Then she gave me a smile and walks towards the others.

After a while, I saw her walking towards me. I immediately wrap my arms around her waist, feeling her tensed body relax, “Congratulations, baby!” I said, giving her a kiss on her cheek.

“I’m sweaty, bunny.” She told me, but I don’t care as long as she’s in my arm.

“It’s okay,” I tighten the hug, “As long as you’re in my arms.” We’re swaying like there is some classical music playing.

I remembered what Dahyun said, should I ask her?