Chapter 22

Please, be mine.

Nayeon

“What are you doing here?” she gave me a small smile, “You’re not supposed to be here.”

Her smile slowly disappears, “Why?” she asked bitterly, “Do you still hate me that much?”

No, how can I hate you when you’re still my everything?

We just looked at each other without really saying anything for a few good seconds. I can feel my chest tightens as her eyes bore right into my soul. Oh god, God knows how much I miss those dark brown orbs.

I heard her sigh before she shifts her gaze. She looks somewhat frustrated and sad. I’m watching her prepare the food when I heard the door opens. I glance at her one last time before walking towards the mini sala of the room.

Eunhye gave me an awkward smile, “Is Jungyeon here? I was looking for her the entire night.” she asked looking at me.

I nodded, “She-She’s in th-- Eunhye.” a low feminine voice cut me off. I slowly turn to where the voice came from. She walk passed me, “Sorry, I fell asleep here.” Jungyeon apologizes holding the hand of Eunhye.

Eunhye gave her a small smile reciprocating the touch, “It’s okay, I just got worried.” she then looks at me, “Nayeon, thank you for letting Jungyeon sleep here last night. We’ll go now.” I just gave her a smile before they disappear from my vision.

Slowly, walking towards the kitchen. I saw the foods she prepared and a little note under one of the plates. I slowly reached for it, and read it.

Let’s meet later tonight. 7 pm at the rooftop. I’ll be waiting.

I smile before putting the note inside my pocket. I immediately took a sit before eating the foods she made. I missed her foods. I miss everything about her.

I was washing the dishes when I noticed another note at the med kit just above the sink. Drink your meds, bunny. Bunny -- how I missed that nickname. I quickly get the meds after washing the dishes and drinking it soon after.

“Nayeon?” I heard someone calling me and a knock, “This is Jihyo, are you up now?”

I walked towards the door and open it for her, “Hey, I was just preparing to take a shower.”

She gave me a small nod and a smile, “Okay, see you at the cottage later,okay?” I just response with a nod and a smile too before closing the door.

I quickly look for my bag looking for something to wear. I decided to wear a simple black two piece covered with a loose shirt. After I freshen up, I receive a text from Jihyo that they’re already at the cottage so I immediately went out and go to where they are.

As I reach the cottage, they’re already preparing some snacks. I look around looking for that certain someone. “She’ll be here soon.” I looked at Jihyo after she whispered those words as if reading my mind. She grins at me before walking towards Chaeyoung whose busy grilling something.

Ignoring Jihyo’s crazy antics, I walked towards Mina and sit beside her. She gave me a small nod, “Are you feeling okay now?” she asked diverting her gaze to me from her phone.

“Yeah, just a little bit of headache but I’m all fine now.” I answered nodding lightly.

She nods her head, “That’s cool,” she smirked, “afterall, you’re calling her name.” she said giving me a teasing look.

“What?”

“You heard it right, kid.” She put her hand on my shoulder, “You keep on saying her name in your sleep.”

Why the hell I would call her name in my sleep? I shook my head in denial as Mina laugh at me. The hell is wrong with this penguin.

“You still love her, don’t you?” I looked at her as a sudden seriousness enveloped her teasing voice.

I shifted my gaze towards the laughs coming near to us. Jungyeon laughing with Eunhye. “Of course,” I looked at Jungyeon as she laughs, “I will never stop.”

“That’s good,” she looks at me, “Because I feel that she’s doing the same thing.”

“No no,” I shake my head, “Look at her now, she’s really happy and I just feel contented watching her laugh like that.” I said as I watch Jungyeon chase Jihyo.

“That’s true love.” Mina nodded, agreeing to what I said. I just gave her a small smile as a response.

Maybe that’s what true love really is.

After awhile, everyone gathered at the cottage. We set out the table and put the foods the others prepared. I was putting down the drinks at the side when I suddenly feel dizzy.

I closed my eyes for a bit when I felt someone tap my shoulder, “Are you okay?” I turn around to see a worried face of Jihyo, “You look pale, just rest for now.” she said, I was about to protest when she glares at me so I just nodded quietly. You know, I don’t want to see a raging train.

I quietly sit down at the corner of the cottage to less attract the attention of others. I rest my head on the back rest as I close my eyes.

 

Jihyo

“Stop staring at her, just go there.” I looked at Jungyeon who’s staring mindlessly towards a sleeping bunny, “Look at her, she’ll have a stiff neck sleeping that way, you know.” I grin when I saw her reaction.

She furrowed her eyebrows before walking towards where Nayeon is sleeping. She slowly move Nayeon’s head to her shoulder putting her arm around the bunny’s shoulder. I looked at Eunhye and saw her looking at her cousin’s direction as well.

I call her attention, “Hey,” she walks her way towards me, “I don’t think they need need our help.” she smiles before nodding.

“You’re right,” she once again glance at her cousin, “They can fix everything on their own now.” she said before looking at me, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

I just wish them all the best.