Chapter 21

Please, be mine.

Jungyeon

After I tucked Nayeon in, Jihyo immediately pull me out of the room. Rushing to the other side of the hotel.

“What the hell is this all about?” she removes her hold on my wrist, sighing rather loudly, “Mind to explain?”

She exhale, “We need to wait for your cousin.” she looks around looking for my cousin, “There she is.”

I looked behind to see a running snail, “Eunhye,” she stopped in front of me, “Why do you have to pull me out here? Nayeon is sick.”

Jihyo wraps her arm around my shoulder, “No worries,” she gave me a smile, “I asked Mina and her baby tiger to take care of Nayeon while we’re talking here.”

I sighed before looking at them, “Explain now.”

They first exchange looks before looking at me, “We made a deal,” Jihyo says, “Eunhye and I only, actually.”

“What deal?”

“Yoo, this is only a one chance opportunity, okay?” I nodded although I didn’t know what deal they are talking about, “We can see that you’re still in love with her, don’t you dare deny that.” She sigh, “So, your cousin and I decided to make a deal where we can help you two.”

I raised my eyebrow, “What help?”

“Cous, she’s still in love with you too.” Eunhye holds my arm, “I don’t think I can see you cry again, that’s a big no. I’ve seen your hardships there, how you mention her name in your sleep. You two still feel the same way with each other.” She gave me a smile, “Jungyeon, we’re planning to lock you both inside a room.”

My eyes widen, “What? No! Nayeon has claustrophobia.” I immediately decline their plan, remembering the day where Nayeon looks so fragile inside that freaking room.

“We know, Yoo.” Jihyo sighed, “Actually, she can stay in a locked up room now but she has to be with someone and don’t stay inside for too long. She has been attending therapies for her phobia.” she explains.

“So, tell me what the plan is.” I asked looking at them.

Eunhye gave me a small smile, “First, we have to wait for her to get well.” She taps my shoulder, “And then our plan will follow, but you can’t know it yet.” she said giving me a smirk.

I furrowed my eyebrows, “Why?”

Jihyo shakes her head, “You just can’t yet.” she chuckles, “So for now, go back there and make her feel better.” she said pushing me away.

They wave goodbye when I look back to check on them. They’re really crazy, pulling me out then pushing me. I sigh as I continue to walk towards the room where I put Nayeon earlier.

I stare at the door, suddenly feeling conscious. What if she doesn’t want to get back together? What if she already found someone new, someone better? Bulls. I shouldn’t think negative thoughts. Right, gotta be positive.

I was in deep thoughts when the door suddenly burst open making my eyes widen in surprise. “Oh Jungyeon,” Mina laugh looking at my shock expression, “Sorry! You should’ve knock.” she says as she opens the door wider.

“Who’s that?” a baby tiger then appears behind the black swan, “Oh you came at the right time.” I looked at them confused, “We’re just heading out to call you.”

“Why?”

“Nayeon is mumbling your name in her sleep.” Mina looked at me in the eyes, “I think it’s you who she needs the most right now.” she step aside, “We’ll leave her to you, okay? You know what to do. We trust you.” she said before walking out. Chaeyoung then gave me a tap on the shoulder and a smile before following her girlfriend.

I inhale deeply before exhaling rather loudly, “They trust you, you can do this.” I step inside, inhaling the sweet smell of strawberry and vanilla. I slowly walk towards the white bed where it held the love of my life.

She’s still beautiful after all this years though three years is not that long but if feels eternity when you’re not with your love ones. I sit beside her, wiping the sweats on her forehead with the towel on the bedside table. I smile when she lightly stirs, clutching the blanket under her chin.

I carefully hold her hand, “Nayeon,” I rub my thumb on her hand, “I miss you.” I whisper kissing her hand. I love you.

I woke up feeling the touch of the sunlight on my face. I tried to stretch my body but soon regretted it remembering that I’m sleeping on the sofa. My whole body won’t fit unless I fold myself like a fetus. Sighing, I stood up and stretch my arms upward.

I looked at the bed infront of me, “She’s still sleeping, eh?” I whisper to myself walking towards the bed greeted by a sleeping bunny. I stare for a few seconds before deciding to take the sit beside her, touching her forehead to check her temperature, her fever is almost gone.

I quickly went to the small kitchen inside our room to cook some porridge. Preparing the needed ingredients I heard the bedsheets ruffling. She must be awake, not minding the sound I continue cooking.

 

Nayeon

Feeling someone’s warm hand on my forehead, I stir from my sleep. But before I open my eyes, I felt someone got up beside me.

Slowly opening my eyes, sunlight meet my gaze making me blink more, “Sheez,” I slowly got up from my bed, making unnecessary noise. I once again glance inside the whole room. Am I alone? Well, my answer got answered when I heard shuffling of metals at the kitchen. I am not alone.

Quietly walking towards the noise, I notice a familiar figure cooking at the kitchen counter. I felt my throat getting dry, and tears welling up.

Am I imagining things now? Is she really cooking? For me? Isn’t this only a side effect of my fever last night? Is that really her?

For my questions to have an answer, I slowly parted my lips, “J-Jungyeon.” as I say her name I felt my chest got lighter. She slowly turns around meeting my gaze with her soft ones as a smile slowly forms on her lips.

“Nayeon.”

--

Sorry for the long wait!

-Soul