Chapter 7

Please, be mine.

Nayeon

“Thank you, Sana.” I said after she gave me my lost keys.

“No problem.” Then, she smiles and walk towards the others. I carefully put it inside my blazers pocket. I can’t lose it again, but losing it is a pretty nice thing too. I smiled when I remember what happened yesterday.

Jungyeon is so caring. Oh god, I think I’m falling for her more. Those eyes and smiles that she only shows to me are so priceless. I can’t get enough of it. The peaceful face she has when she’s sleeping.

“Hey, why are you smiling?” I turn around with a smile on my face. That voice that keeps my heart calm and beat rapidly at the same time too.

“Jungyeon,” I walk to close the gap between us. “Where did you go?”

“Got some conversation with Coach Park.” Then, she gave me a small smile and that made me smile even more. “Then, why are you smiling?”

I shrugged and stick out my tongue before I go back to my seat. I feel that she takes her seat too which is behind me.

“You? You’re not thinking about someone, right?” she whispers to me. Oh man, I can smell some jealousy. “Nayeon, answer me.”

“Actually, Jungyeon” I paused and looked at her, “I’m thinking about someone right now.” She frowns and that made me smile even more.

“And it’s not me?” I can feel sadness in her tone.

“I’m thinking about the girl who took care of me yesterday when I’m sick, that cold girl to everyone but the warmest person to me.” I stare at her and smile, “She’s always wearing this poker face but she let me see her smiles. Do you know someone named Yoo Jungyeon? She’s the one occupying my mind and heart right now. ” And then slowly a smile appear on her face.

“I know her,” She stares back, “But you have no chance with her anymore. A girl named Im Nayeon already owns her heart.” I can feel my face heating up. She laughed and that made everyone look at us. It’s a genuine laugh, I should say.

“Did you just laugh?!” Jihyo asked and I think that made Jungyeon realized that she’s laughing her heart out that’s why she stopped. “Gosh, Jungyeon! I’m so happy for you.” Then the whole gang shouted series of ‘Whoo’ and ‘Yeah’along with our classmates.

“, they just saw me laughed.” She whispers to herself. I patted her hand and smile. “Nayeon.”

“You should do that more.” I said as she squeezed my hand. “Don’t worry; I’ll laugh with you next time.”

Sooner the class started. I’m jotting down notes when I felt someone playing with my hair. I smile to myself; I can feel the electricity flowing from my hair to my whole body. She’s just playing with my hair but it gives me this tingling sensation.

When the teacher says his goodbye and I started fixing my things. I’m sleepy and somewhat tired. I look at the person who’s fixing her things too. “Hey, you have practice?” I asked as I noticed the training bag beside her.

“Yeah, we only have less than month to train for the game.” She puts her training bag on her left shoulder and her backpack to the other. “Sorry, I can’t come with you today.”

“Who told you that? I’m going to wait for you and watch your training.” I gave her my sweetest smile. I’m sleepy and tired but I can’t go home without her. I hate not seeing her.

She patted my head and put her arm around my shoulder, “You little bunny” she smiles and kissed my temple, “You can go first if you got bored, okay?”

“I’m watching you so I won’t get bored.” Then I put my arm around her waist.

When we arrived at the gym, some players are already starting to warm up. I saw this tall girl standing out. She’s so tall. I snapped back when someone flicked my forehead.

“You’re checking her out.” Jungyeon said with a frown. I pinched her cheeks and smile.

“I’m just jealous of her height, okay?”

“Why would you?” she then pull me for a hug, “You’re already perfect.” I tapped her back and tighten the hug. This just made my day.

We parted from the hug when we heard a shout, “Yoo! Change now and start warming up!” we bow to greet the Coach.

She kissed my forehead first before running towards the varsity’s shower room. I decided to seat on the nearest bench. After few minutes, Jungyeon got out of the shower room wearing her jersey. Oh god, she looks cooler and hotter at the same time. She go straight where the other players our warming up.

And I’ll sit here, watching her.

 

Jungyeon

I looked at the girl waiting for me at the bench with her head swaying, seems like she fell asleep. I get my jacket and run towards her. I put her bag beside her and slowly put her head down to it. I covered her lower body with my jacket.

“Just wait a little longer, Bunny.” I smiled and return to court.

After the training, I quickly changed and go to her. She’s still sleeping. I stared at her and even took some photos. This would be a good remembrance.

I lightly tapped her cheeks, “Bunny, wake up.” She slowly opens her eyes and smile when her eyes laid on me, “You can sleep while riding on my back.” I back faced her and tapped my shoulder.

“Jungyeon, you’re tired. I can walk.” She was about to stand up when I pull her hand making her slumped on my back. I arranged my bags on my shoulder and stand up. “You’re already exhausted from the training, you can put me down.”

“I made you wait,” I pull her up for more comfortable position. “I don’t have my car, so you can sleep until we reach the bus station.”

“What?” She flinched almost making her fall.

“Flat tire.” I explained, and I felt a light pinch on my ears. “Just sleep, okay? You seem pretty tired.” I feel her laying her head on my shoulder.

“Jungyeon...” she whispers right on my ear, “Thank you.”

“Stop thanking me, just love me.” I feel her smile.

“I love you.” That made me stop from my tracks and smile like an idiot.

“Jungyeon, I love you.” She repeats and snuggle more to my neck.

 

“I love you, Bunny.”