Chapter 19

Please, be mine.

 

Nayeon

Three years. Three ing years without her. I don’t even know how I overcome days without her, without hearing her voice, without seeing her smile, without her warm. God knows how much I miss her.

“Nayeon”

“Oh, Jihyo” she gave me a small smile before taking the empty sit beside me, “What is it?”

She let out a soft sigh before looking at me, “Are you free this weekend?” she asked, “The gang decides to go to the beach since it’s a long weekend.”

I furrowed my eyebrows trying to remember any appointment, but there’s none I do remember, “Sure,” I answered, “Anyway, where?”

“Eurwangni at Incheon.” she smilingly said, “But I’ll bring my other friend, she’s going with her girlfriend though, would that be okay?”

I nodded, “No problem” she gave me another smile before leaving. That was kind of strange, but nevermind.

I return to what I’m doing which is doing my report, but I’m still thinking about Jihyo’s friend that she’s gonna bring. I don’t know, but I feel somewhat odd.

I was on my way home, when I notice a familiar figure walking across the street. I stopped from my trance and stare at the figure, could it be? No, that’s not her. She’s still in the US. She’s not gonna hold hands with other girl, and smile like how she does to me. No, that wasn’t her.

I avoided my gaze as I sigh rather loudly, and continue walking. I know it’s not her, it will never be her.

“What’s with the face?” I heard Mina asked, apparently, we’re housemates. We bought an apartment near our school, so it would be convenient, “You look so depressed.”

“Shut up” I said as I roll my eyes earning a chuckle from her, “Where’s your baby tiger, anyway?”

“Oh, Chaeyoung? She told me, she’s gonna meet a friend so she left early.” she shrugged. A friend? Is it the same friend Jihyo’s going to bring on Saturday?

“Are you coming on Saturday?” I asked as I sit beside her on the couch.

She nodded, “Of course” she answered before standing up with her glass of water in hand, “Hell week was depressing, I need some refreshments. How ‘bout you?”

“Yeah, Jihyo told me about it earlier.”

“That’s good, then.” she turned to look at me, “It’s better than sulking here thinking about her.” I just give her a small smile as a response. “Anyway, gonna sleep early, I’ve got a date tomorrow!” she excitedly said before entering her room.

I just stare at the screen TV, thinking of different possibilities about her. What if she got a new girlfriend? What if she already moved on? What if she’s happy now? What if she doesn’t love me anymore?

 

I woke up when I felt someone tapping my cheeks. I rubbed my eyes, before staring at the girl in front of me, fully dressed up. “Im Nayeon, why the hell are you sleeping in the couch?” Mina asked, hands on her waist.

“I don’t even know I slept here.” I answered before yawning, “You’re leaving?”

She gave me a nod, “Yeah, but I’ll be back by 6 maybe,” she gave me a look, “We’re going to pack our things for tomorrow’s outing, okay?” I smile and nodded.

“Take care!” I shouted before she shut the door.

Just like the usual morning event, I prepare my breakfast and prepare for school. I only have two classes today, so the rest of the day is free time.

 

I was preparing to go home when someone cover my eyes, Jungyeon, “Guess who!” a cheerful manly voice says. Right, it will never be her.

“Junior.” I said, forming a small smile as he releases my eyes, “What do you need?”

“I just want to ask you if you’re free tomorrow.”

I looked at him, “Sorry, I already made plans with the girls.”

He looks disappointed but smile nonetheless, “Ohhh, okay, maybe next time?” I gave him a small nod before bidding goodbyes; he still has classes so I’ll leave first.

I was walking out the hallway when someone suddenly bumped into me, making us both landed on our butts, “” I silently cursed; I grabbed my books on the ground before standing up, and helping the girl who bumped into me.

“Thank you” she said before giving me a small bow, “Uh can I ask you something?”

I looked at her, she has this big eyes, small pointy nose and pink lips, “Sure” I answered, as I dust off my pants.

“Sorry for bumping you, I was just looking for my girlfriend,” she looked at me, “Do you see a girl wearing long black cardigan? She has a short hair.” she asked, moving her hands, trying to draw what her girlfriend looks like.

Black cardigan and short hair? I try remembering every person I saw, “Sorry, but I don’t think I saw your girlfriend.”

She nodded; pouting her lips a little, “Thank you,” she was already walking when she stopped and turned around to face me again, “I’m--”

“Eunhye!” a shout was suddenly heard before the girl even introduced herself to me.

“Jungyeon!” the girl shouted, waving her hands to the person behind me. I felt myself stiffen, as her smell comes closer, the same smell I longed for years, “I was looking for you.”

I bowed my head down, avoiding the looks she’s giving me, “I told you to wait for me, right?” That voice, the same soothing voice, “Let’s go, we need to buy you some stuffs.”

She started pulling the girl, not throwing me another glance, “Wait! I’ll introduce you to a friend.” I heard the girl said. “Jungyeon, this is-- what’s your name?” the Eunhye girl asked, so I lifted my head.

“Nayeon.” I answered before staring at the eyes I miss so goddamn much. I saw the shock and disbelief in her eyes.

“N-Nayeon...” she said my name, so painful yet so endearing.

“Jungyeon.”

--

Hehe. I'm gonna end this story soon. :(

Thank you for supporting this story so faaaar.

-Soul