Chapter 23

Please, be mine.

Jihyo

 

I stared at the lovebirds sleeping at the corner of the cottage. Eunhye told me to wake the two up, but I just don’t have the heart to do so. You know, I miss seeing them close to each other, holding each other.

“Jihyo,” I turned to face the voice who called my name, “I told you to wake them up not to stare at them.” Eunhye said giving me a glare.

“Sorry, I just want to watch them being close again.”

She also turns her gaze towards the couple, “They will be together again.” I nodded to agree, “I promise that.”

“You seem so sure about that.” She gave me a small smile before walking away but stops midway.

I heard her sigh, “I hate seeing my cousin cry,” she then looked at me again, “And I bet you too feel the same with your friend.”

I sigh before nodding, “Of course.”

Seeing Nayeon cry every time she remembers Jungyeon --which is always-- feels hell to us. You know, we can just be there for her but I, we know that she needs and wants Jungyeon more. Every time she’s sick, she always mumbles that ostrich’s name. And every one of us wants the best for our friends.

A loud thud interupt my thoughts. I look up to found out that an ostrich just hit her arm to the edge of the table. I want to laugh at her so bad but seeing the bruise on her arm, I decided not to.

“Oh my god, sorry!” a bunny held the ostrich’s arm, “Are you okay?” Nayeon asked looking up to Jungyeon.

Jungyeon response with a nod, “Y-Yeah.”

Eunhye suddenly walks up to Jungyeon, holding her arm up and checking the not-so-big bruise on the ostrich’s arm. “What happened?” Eunhye asked still holding Jungyeon’s arm.

“I just accidentally hit the edge of the table, nothing serious.” Jungyeon looks at Nayeon who has her head bow down.

“You sure?”

“I am, swear.”

Eunhye nodded, “Okay, I’ll just continue cooking there. Call me if you need anything.” Jungyeon nodded as she hugs her cousin.

Nayeon was about to walk away when Jungyeon grab her wrist. Yoo said something that I didn’t catch; Nayeon just gave her a nod before walking away again. What the hell is that?

 

Nayeon

I look at the clock, 6:48 pm. I feel quite nervous and excited at the same time. I sigh before going out. As I walk towards our meet up place, I suddenly remember the happenings earlier at the cottage.

I woke up feeling secure and warm. Slowly opening my eyes, I noticed how close Jungyeon’s face is to mine. Due to shock, I accidentally pushed her causing her to hit her arm at the edge of the table.

“Oh my god, sorry!” I held her arm, checking up the bruise, “Are you okay?” I asked looking up to her just to find her looking at me.

She diverts her gaze before nodding, “Y-Yeah.”

I bow down my head when Jungyeon’s girlfriend shows up, “What happened?” she asks holding Jungyeon’s arm.

“I just accidentally hit the edge of the table, nothing serious.” I stay still, still my head bow down.

“You sure?”

“I am, swear.”

And I stop listening to them after that. But, why the hell did she lie? It’s clearly my fault tho. I look up just to realize that I’m already in front of the building. I sigh before walking inside. I look at the elevator in front of me, it’s not the same glass elevator I got used to. I can do this, right? I can meet Jungyeon after riding this. Right.

As the door opens, I entered the lift slowly before pressing the button. I sigh, I can feel my chest tightens a bit. Just a few more floors. I heaved a sigh as the elevator doors opens. Cool breeze welcomes me. Slowly walking towards the railings, I noticed a familiar figure. She was leaning against the railings, watching the stars.

“Hey” She immediately turns around after hearing my voice.

A smile appears on her lips, “Hey” she motions me to come closer so I did.

“So, why do you want to meet up?” I asked looking at the sky. I feel her gaze towards me.

She shrugged, “I just miss you.” And it’s my turn to look at her.

“J-Jungyeon.”

“What? You don’t miss me?” she asked looking straight in my eyes. Those dark orbs.

“I-I’ll be leaving now.” I was about to leave when she held my wrist before pulling me into her embrace.

I feel her shakes her head, “Don’t leave, please.” her hug tightens, “Stay, just for awhile, please?”

“O-Okay, please l-let go.” I instantly regret what I said because the moment she pull away, I missed her warm. She sit down her back leaning against the railings, so I did the same.

Silence conquered us for few minutes before I heard her say my name, “Nayeon” I miss her soft voice, “I know it’s pathetic,” I heard her sigh, “but everytime I see you I just want to hold you and never let go again. I want to hold your hand, hug you, kiss you, and say how much I love you. I-I just want to be with you.” I looked at her; she was looking above with a warm and gentle smile.

I want to be with you too.

“You know you can’t.” I said instead.

“Why?”

“Because you have her now.”

--

Hi guys!

I’m really sorry for updating just now. School stuffs got me worked.

This is just a short one but still, please enjoy it!

Sorry again and thank you! :---)))

-Soul