Chapter 20

Please, be mine.

Nayeon

I didn’t thought Saturday would come this fast. I guessed it right; Jihyo and Chaeyoung’s friend that they were talking about was Jungyeon. Jungyeon and her new girlfriend. .

“Are you okay?” I heard Mina asked, throwing me a concerned look. “You look pale, and you’re sweating.”

I gave her a small nod, “Yeah, I just didn’t get enough sleep last night.”

I was about to close my eyes when a sudden touch makes me jolted, “You have a fever, are you sure you’re okay?” Jungyeon asked, her palm still on my forehead. She was sitting beside me while on her other side was her girlfriend.

“Y-Yeah.” I answered, shifting my head to the other side to avoid her touch, “Mina, just wake me up when we reached the place, please.”

Mina gave me another concerning look, “Sure.” I closed my eyes, trying to ignore the presence beside me, and the glances I obviously feel.

Few minutes more and I can’t take the coldness inside the van, I opened my eyes, adjusting my vision. Slowly, I opened my bag, looking for my jacket, but I can’t find any. I turned to Mina who was sitting behind me, but I saw her sleeping with her baby tiger. Sighing, I just hug my backpack; my jacket must be at the gym bag placed at the compartment of the van.

“Wear this.” The person beside me said, reaching out her jacket, “You’re obviously cold.”

I rest my head on the window, “No need, I’m okay” I said as I close my eyes.

After few seconds, I felt soft and warm fabric covering my body, but I was just too tired to open my eyes, “Still hardheaded.” I heard her whisper.

I was sleeping when I felt someone lightly tapping my cheeks, a sudden cough escape my lips before I open my eyes, “We’re at a rest stop.” Jungyeon said, “Everyone else left for some food already.”

I look around and inside the van, “Why are you still here? Aren’t you supposed to be with your girlfriend?” I asked, hoping for my jealousy wouldn’t be notice.

“Ohh, she said I can stay here.” She answered. “Aren’t you hungry?”

I shake my head, “I’m not really in the mood to eat. I’d rather sleep now.” I said before closing my eyes again.

“No, that’s not a good idea.” I opened my eyes at her sudden remark. “You should at least eat something.” she said, before reaching something inside her bag.

“Jungyeon, just let me sleep, please.” I begged, but she just shakes her head.

She smile before reaching out a bread, “Just a bite and I’ll let you sleep.” she said, opening the bread cover and reaching it out in front of my face.

I sigh and obliged a bite, chewing it slowly. I can’t even taste a bit of it, “Thanks,” I said, “I’ll sleep now.” I closed my eyes.

 

Jungyeon

She was sleeping peacefully beside me when the others came. As Jihyo started driving again, her head started to fall back and forth slowly, looks like she’s head banging. Aish, she didn’t bought a travel pillow. I looked around the van to check what the others are doing; they’re just technically cuddling with their girlfriends except for Jihyo who is driving seriously.

“Tzuyu! Stop tickling me!” Sana shouted, before hugging her girlfriend tightly, both laughing loudly.

“You can sleep again on my shoulder” Chaeyoung volunteered, putting her arm around Mina’s shoulder. “I’ll just wake you up.” And Mina rest her head on Chaeyoung’s shoulder as she wrapped her arms around the latter’s waist.

I looked at Nayeon, who is still head banging hear head. Slowly, I put her head on my shoulder, fixing the jacket I put on her earlier. “You still love her, don’t you?” I heard Eunhye asked. I just looked at the girl sleeping on my shoulder.

“Shut up, kid.” I heard Jihyo said, “You better play your roles perfectly.” Eunhye just laughed, ignoring the deathly remark from Jihyo.

 

After few minutes and we reached the area. Slowly, I wake Nayeon up, as the others bring our things to the rooms we rented. “Nayeon, we’re here.” I tapped her cheeks, feeling that she got hotter than earlier, “Aish, you have a really high fever.” I removed my jacket on top of her before putting it to her properly.

“I’m okay.” she said, almost a whisper.

“Come on, I’ll just carry you to the room.” I said. “Why are you always sick? Tss.” I got out of the van, waiting for her.

“You don’t have to carry me, I can walk.” she said, slowly making her way to get out, but as soon as she land her feet on the ground, she almost lost her balance.

“Are you drunk?” I asked, before kneeling one of my knees in front of her, “Just ride on my back.” I looked up when after a few seconds; I don’t feel any weight on my back. She was just looking at me. I sighed as I pull her towards me, making her slump into my back. I started walking, following the others but making sure to make some gap between us.

 

Jihyo

I turned my head to check on the two lovebirds behind us. I saw how Jungyeon pulls Nayeon down to her back. I sigh as I remember the day that ostrich suddenly left without saying anything.

“Where’s Yoo?” I asked, earning the looks of our friends, “I haven’t seen her since this morning.”

Sana nodded, “Same here” she looks at me, “She should be the first one arriving here, right?”

“Yeah, that early ostrich.” Mina agreed before she continues playing on her phone.

We all looked at the door when it burst open loudly, a breathless eagle entered with a cub. They both stopped in front of us, earning them our confused looks.

Dahyun inhales deeply before exhaling loudly, “Guys,” she looks at each one of us, “Jungyeon left.”

“What?” I asked, “What are you saying?”

Chaeyoung taps the eagle’s shoulder, “The coach told us that Jungyeon left to go to US early this morning.” she said.

“What the ? She didn’t even say anything to us before she left.” I gritted my teeth in annoyance, “That kid, seriously.”

We kept silence for a few good seconds before Sana break the ice, “Does Nayeon knew about this?”

“We don’t know.” the duo answered in chorus.

“Why are you smiling?” I looked beside me, greeted by Eunhye curious face, “You’re pretty crazy.”

I gave her a small smile, “Look at your cousin,” I turn my head once more as she too does the same, “she looks so inlove with a bunny.”

 

She nodded, “I can see, but” she looks at me furrowing her eyebrows, “Why did you tell her that I’m Jungyeon’s girlfriend? That’s so ridiculous.”

“Not my idea.” I defended.

“I don’t think you need me to make her jealous afterall she still looks so inlove with my cousin.” she gave me look, “Let’s make a plan before she plans to move on.”

“Deal.”