Chapter 5

Please, be mine.

Jungyeon

“Jungyeon!” I looked at the person calling me which is Tzuyu, “Coach wants to meet you at the gym right now.”

“But I’m not going to participate in the game.” I answered.

“Dahyun can’t play.” I looked at her confused. “She’s injured and we need you.” I sigh, but what the hell happened to that birdie?

“Okay, I’ll come.”

She smiled and hugged me. “Thank you! I got to go.” I nodded and continue walking towards our classroom to get my things. Everyone else got home already and I’m still here.

“Jungyeon!” The Coach greeted me as soon as I enter the gym. I bow as a sign of greeting. “I need to talk to you regarding the game.” He guided me to the bench and asks me to have a seat.

“What about the game, Coach?” I still asked him even though I already know the answer.

“You will play in this upcoming game.” He answered. “Dahyun can’t play because of an injury, that’s why I need you to play,” He looked at me for a second and continues, “I know you already stop playing but this is a very important game for the school. This match will determine if we can participate in the national events. You’re a big help.”

“I’ll play but I can’t promise you that I’m going to be a big help.” I stand up. “I have to go now, Coach.” I bow and leave. I stopped outside the gym and stare at my knees. I’m scared, ing scared. I remember that day, that day when that incident happens. I’m afraid that the same accident will happen to me again.

I sighed and continued walking but I saw this familiar figure walking. I stared at her for a while before I realize myself smiling alone.

“Jungyeon!” she shouted as soon as she saw me. I smiled at her making my way towards her.

“Nayeon.” She’s carrying some boxes, so I get some to help her. “Where are you going?”

“Storage room. Mrs. Ahn ask me to bring this there.” I nodded. We continued walking silently. No one is attempting to start a conversation.

“It’s getting late,” I said when we reached the storage room. “I’ll give you a ride.” I putted the box down and she does the same. But when we’re about to go out, the door suddenly closes.

“Enjoy your time there, lovebirds!” we heard a shout outside and series of laughs then feet leaving. Youngjin. I’ll surely kill you.

“Open the door!” Nayeon pleaded. I looked at her, she looks so scared. I reach for the light switch but , the lights is not working. “Open the door…please...” she looks pale. She’s having trouble in breathing.

“Nayeon?” I hold her shoulder. “What’s happening to you?” I asked her, she looks at me while clutching her chest.

“P-Phobia…” she answered. Phobia? What kind of phobia? And then I remembered our science class. Claustrophobia.

“. Why didn’t you tell me?” she holds my shirt. I hugged her. “Shhh, it’s okay. I’m here.” I slowly rub her back. She’s still shaking. I tighten my hug.

“J-Jungyeon…” she whispers then I felt her hugged me back but soon I felt her loosen her hug. I pulled out from the hug, and I saw her eyes closed. .

“Nayeon, open your eyes.” I slowly put her down on my lap. “You can’t sleep her.” I tapped her cheeks lightly. Her breathing is still not normal. I make her head lay on the floor, and I stand up in front of the door. I breathe and kick it with all force, fortunately it opens.

I looked at her once more before I gave her a piggyback ride. She’s sweating; that guy for making my girl like this. As soon as we arrive in front of my car, I opened the door for her and make her sit. She’s still unconscious. When I took my seat, I make sure that the window beside her is open. I put her seatbelt on same as mine.

As soon as we reached our place, she opens her eyes. “How are you?” I asked her. She looked at me and smile. I smiled back. I guided her to get out from the car.

We stood in front of the elevator. She’s staring in a distance, “Thank you.” She suddenly mutters.

“No worries. Do you want to have the stairs?” she shook her head.

“I’ll be fine. I got used to it.” The she looked at me and smiles. The elevator opens and we occupy it, no one is talking but it’s not awkward. A comfortable silence.

When the elevator reached our floor, we walked out. I’m walking my way towards my unit when I saw her like looking for something on her pocket. I go to her, “What’s wrong?” She looked at me.

“I lost my keys.” I nearly laugh because of the innocence on her face. “I think I left it at the storage room.”

“You can sleep on my unit.” I invited her. “I’ll find your keys tomorrow.” I grabbed her wrist and dragged her with me. I open my unit and let her go inside first.

“Thank you.” I just gave her a smile. She keeps on thanking me.

I let her borrow my shirt and shorts. “You can sleep here in my room; I’ll sleep on the couch.”  I was about to get out when she stopped me by grabbing my wrist. I looked at her.

I saw her swallow and that made me smile, she’s shy.

“Please…stay here with me.”