Chapter 8

Please, be mine.

Jungyeon

Series of goodlucks is all I can hear through the hallway. Today is the day that we have been waiting. Today is the most important game of our school's volleyball varsity team.

I startled when someone hug me from behind, "Nayeon" she smiled "You'll watch later?"

"Of course, I can't miss it." I smiled back and pull her in front of me. "Goodluck, Jungyeon." She then hugs me and buried her face on my chest.

"Thank you" I hugged her back "I love you, bunny." I feel her smile on my chest. That just take away the nervousness I’m feeling.

"I love you more." she replied as she tighten the hug.

I felt a tap on my shoulder; I quickly face that person just to see a smiling face of Coach Park. I pull out from the hug and we both bow to greet him.

"You need to be at the gym in five minutes, okay?" I nodded. "Okay, we have to start warming up. Our opponent is stronger than we thought, but you are way stronger than their ace." then he smiled and left.

"Jungyeon," I looked at her, she smiled at me before she continues "Don't be scared, okay? I'll be cheering for you on the side."

"Nayeon, thank you." I cupped her face and give her a smile, "I'll make sure to win this match." I said as I kiss her forehead.

"Jungyeon!" someone shouted. I turned around to see who that person is.

"Momo" I felt someone hold my hand, I looked at Nayeon who has this serious frown. "Trust me, bunny." I whispered to her.

Momo suddenly kissed my cheek that makes me step back from her. "Hey good luck for today's game." she said smiling. I squeeze Nayeon's hand and she squeeze back.

"Thank you." I replied. She jokingly frowns and cling her arm to me, pushing Nayeon away from me.

"What about having some dinner with me tonight?" Then she wiggles her eyebrows. I pull out my arm from her and hold Nayeon's hand.

I gave her a small smile before I face Momo, "Sorry, but I don't think I'm free tonight." I looked at Nayeon as I continue, "I can't leave my girl alone." Then I walked away with Nayeon holding my hand.

We silently arrived at the gym. I feel myself tensing up. I'm somewhat scared to enter the court again after 2 years. I heaved a sigh as I felt someone squeeze my hand. Oh god, I don’t think it’ll be easy today. I can feel my heart thumping fast.

"Hey, stop thinking about the past. Concentrate and win this game, okay?" I smiled and nodded.

"Jungyeon" Tzuyu approached us. "We'll start warming up now."

"Okay," she smiled and was ready to walk away when I stopped her, "Wait kid, meet my girl, Nayeon and, Nayeon this is Tzuyu the varsity middle blocker."

"Nice meeting you, Nayeon." Then, she smiles and offers Nayeon a hand shake.

Nayeon gladly accept the handshake, "Nice meeting you too, Tzuyu. Take care of my love please." Tzuyu nodded and excuse herself.

 

I am still holding her left hand and I let out a sigh. “Hey, relax, okay?” Then, she let go of my hand and hug me. “I can hear your heart beat, it’s so fast.” She said as she put her ear on my chest. I tighten the hug and smell her hair.

“Can you sit where I can see you?” I felt her nodded. “I’ll go now.” I pulled out from the hug and kiss her forehead before I run towards the changing room.

As soon as I enter the changing room, I felt the same excitement before I stopped playing. I touch my chest to feel my heart beat. “You can do it.” I repeatedly whisper to myself. I change to my jersey and quickly got out to go to my teammates and starting warming up.

I feel tenser up when I saw some reporters and sports scout at the side of the court. , Coach didn’t warn me about the reporters, but who the hell I’m kidding this is a game where the winner will play for the national games.

“Yoo Jungyeon! Fighting!” I heard a loud shout from the side; I faced them just to see my gang along with Nayeon cheering. I gave them a small smile and continue warming up.

After few minutes, our warming up ended, we’ll start the game now. We make a line on the side court. The sport announcers will announce the starting lineup.

“Yeon University, starting lineup.” Everyone from our school shouted, cheering for us. As the names of my teammates were called, they immediately go to the court making a circle, “Jersey number 25, Zhou Tzuyu.” Tzuyu immediately runs towards the other players. “Jersey number 29, Son Chaeyoung.” She, too, runs towards the court. “And now, making her comeback, jersey number 0, Yoo Jungyeon!” I let out a breathe to relax myself as I hear the cheers of people inside the gym, and run towards, entering the court.

“Yeon! Fighting!” we shouted as we lift our fist in the air. We positioned ourselves as the players of the other team are being called.

“Welcome back, Jungyeon.” Chaeyoung said as she tapped my shoulder. I only give her a nod. “Better hit my tosses nicely, okay?” I just looked at her, but she just gave me a smirk. She doesn’t change even a bit.

 

“Yoo Jungyeon! Yoo Jungyeon!” People shouted as I spiked my 29th point and the match point. I stare at the ball as I landed.

“We won.” I whisper to myself, not believing the reality happening in front of me. I snap back when I felt people hugging me.

“Yeon! Yeon!” we shouted as we jump together. “WE DID IT! WE’RE GOING TO PLAY IN THE NATIONAL EVENTS!” Tzuyu shouted as we continue jumping, arms around each other’s shoulder.

“Congratulations Yeon University for winning the Summer Season Championship!” we hear the announcer announced. Everyone pulled out from the hug, and make a line facing me. I was about to do the same thing when they stopped me.

“Stay there,” I stopped and looked at them confusedly. They smiled at me and gave me a bow, “Thank you, Jungyeon.” They said in chorus.

“Thank you for playing.” Chaeyoung said. “We all hope that you can play with us in the national event.” I just stare at them. They want me to play again? With them?

I felt someone hold my hand, so I looked at her to see a smiling Nayeon, “That’s your wish, right?” I lowered down my gaze, “You’re a step close to your goal. Don’t stop just because you’re scared. We’re here for you.”

I looked at everyone smiling at me. I gave them a small smile and a nod, “I’ll play.”