Chapter 15

Please, be mine.

Mina

I was about to go out of our house when I heard my mom’s voice, “So, where are you going, young lady?” I stopped from my track and turned to look at her.

“A friend invites me to watch a ballet performance.” I saw the shock from her face but quickly covered it with coldness again.

“Do you miss doing that stuff?” I looked down before looking back at her again.

“I do, but don’t worry, I won’t do it again.” She looked at me before walking away.

I continued walking out before sighing. “Woah, that was deep.” I looked beside me just to see a pair of dark brown orbs staring deeply at me. She smiled. “Let’s go?” she asked before I nodded. She was standing beside her car.

“Please, wear your seatbelt.” She told me before turning on the engine.

“You didn’t tell me that you’re going to pick me up.” I asked her. “And how come you know my address?”

She gave me a small smile, “I want to give you a nice impression on our first date,” she paused before looking at me, “And I asked Jungyeon about your address.”

I just looked at her before diverting my gaze outside the window as I can’t take her deep stare. I felt my cheeks burning as she started laughing.

“Why are you blushing?” she asked as she let out a small laugh. “Is it hot?” then she laughed again. Oh my god, she’s having fun teasing me.

I hit her arm, “Stop laughing!” But she laughed again. I just looked at her, this is the second time I saw her laughing, but it still feels magical. Maybe because she doesn’t laugh that often that every time she does it feels genuine and warm.

“Why are you looking at me?” she asked as she stops laughing, but still smiling. “First time to see a goddess?” I grunt hearing her line.

“Didn’t know you’re so conceited.” I told her as I look outside the car, noticing that we already stopped, “Why did we stop? Is this the place?” I asked her because seriously, this place doesn’t look like it would hold a ballet stage. It’s just a merely open field.

“Wait here; I’ll open the door for you.” Then she winks before getting out of the car. “Come on, we don’t have all night.” She told me before I get out. I suddenly feel the cold night breeze. As if on cue, I felt some warm cloth being placed on my shoulder.

“Why are we here? I thought we’re going to watch ballet.” I asked her as I follow behind her quietly.

She turned to face me, “I am going to watch you.” She then smiles before sitting on the grass. “Mina, I like you since the very beginning. I like everything about you. I saw how you dance with passion, and it makes me fall for you more.” She paused before looking at me and giving me her warmest smile, “And it breaks me, when you stopped because of that accident. You are okay now, right? So, don’t be scared to start again. I’ll be watching you, always.”

“Chaeyoung” I say as I felt tears welling up in my eyes, “Thank you.”

She stands up, before reaching my hand and guiding me to the middle, “Just dance to your heart’s content, okay?” she lightly squeeze my hand, “I am going to watch you.”

As soon as she released her grip, a song suddenly plays. I started to cry when I recognized the song; it was my first ballet song. I looked at her, but she just smiles.

I started to dance as my body remembers the movements. I feel so free and alive. I miss this feeling.

“Are you happy?” Chaeyoung asked me, before handing me the water.

I nodded, “Thank you, Chaeyoung.” I told her as I sit beside her. “Thank you so much.”

“Anything for you.”

“Chaeyoung, can you give me a hug?” I asked her, she seems shocked by sudden question but nodded nonetheless.

She spreads her arms open, so I throw myself into it.

“I like you, too, Chaeyoung.”

 

Jungyeon

“What do you want to do today?” I asked Nayeon as she snuggles closer, “Want to go to the park?” She looked up, looking at me in the eyes.

“Let’s go to N Seoul Tower.” She told me before standing up, and pulling my hand to stand up too. “Faster! Jungyeon!”

“Okay okay, just get ready first, okay?” She nodded before storming out of my unit. Well, she spent her night here. I changed into a plain white hoodie and black pants partnered with my sneakers. 

I go to her unit and knocked, “Wait!” I heard her shout inside before the door opens and an angel comes out. She’s wearing a plain white shirt with her black skirt and sandals.

“Ready?” I asked her, she cling to my left arm before nodding.  “We can’t use the car so we have to commute, okay?”

“That’s okay as long as you’re with me.” she answered while nodding.

 

After our long ride, at last we arrived at our destination. We rode the cable car to reach the top. She held my hand when we reached the top. I looked at her, her eyes is shining from all the lights. She looks so happy.

“Do you like it?” I asked her as I hugged her from behind, she was looking outside.

“Of course, because you’re with me.” She answered, turning away from the view and looking at me, “We should go back here, okay?”

I nodded, “You know, I love you, right?” she nodded, “Don’t forget that, okay?”

“You are being weird, Yoo.” She told me as she pinched my nose. “I love you more.”

We spent almost our whole night, touring this tower. “Let’s go home now. You look so tired.” She smiles at me and nodded.

 

When we arrived at my unit, she immediately plunks herself down on my bed. It looks like she will spend her night here again. I remove her sandals and put a blanket over her body. She’s fast asleep. I her hair and kissed her forehead.

“How can I go and leave you?” I whispered. 

 

I arrived at school earlier than usual because Nayeon told me that she has a meeting with her club, so I decided to come with her. I accompanied her to her club’s room before going to the gym.

I think about this the whole night. I thought about many things, the consequences and stuffs, everything. It’s not easy though. Having to choose between your dreams and wish. I thought I’ll go insane but unfortunately I didn’t. It would’ve been easier if I got insane because they will just put me in the mental and locked me up there for who knows how long.

“Coach,” I greeted the old man sitting on the bench before bowing.

“Yoo, too early, huh?” he tapped the space beside him signaling me to take a seat. “Anything you need?”

I sit beside him, “I've got something to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“I’ll accept the contract.”