Chapter 25

Please, be mine.

Jungyeon

“So, now you know what our real relationship is.” Eunhye said after giving Nayeon a hug, “Stop stealing glances from now on, okay?”

Nayeon just bow her head down her face getting red from the embarassment, “So, you’re stealing glances, eh?” I nudge her lightly making her look at me with a pout, “Want me to kiss you?” I said as I give her a smirk.

“W-What?” I laughed as I see her getting redder than before. “Stop laughing at me!” she shouted before hitting me on my arm. Gosh, that was painful!

“Okay okay,” I said putting my hands up in the air, surrendering. “So, you now met my cousin. How are you feeling?” I put my arm around her shoulder checking her reaction.

She looked at me, “I-I don’t know.”

I give her a small smile, “That’s okay.” I then pull her into a hug as I sigh, “Sorry for making you believe that I don’t love you anymore. Sorry for hurting you. Sorry for leaving you. I’m sorry, Nayeon.”

She tightens the hug, “Sorry for not asking you to stay.” She said as her voice broke.

Remembering those days makes me tear a bit. I never thought that we’re gonna experience those things, but who the hell am I kidding? Loving someone means risking yourself to be in pain.

“It’s all in the past now.” I pull out from the hug and look at her, “We have another chance now, so we better make it the best of everything.” She gave me a sweet smile and nodded her head.

“Hey lovebirds,” we turn our head towards Jihyo, “Stop being lovey dovey for a second and help us prepare dinner.”

“You can have each other the whole night.” I heard Mina shouted at the back of Jihyo holding her baby tiger.

“Shut up, Myoui!” Nayeon hissed pulling me with her towards the cottage. Everyone laughed at that.

We spend the whole dinner night laughing and teasing each other, not minding other people gazes at us. Nayeon and Eunhye had a great night teasing me because Eunhye keep on telling Nayeon what stupidity I did while I was in US.

“Aish, Eunhye!” I slapped her on the arm, “Stop telling her everything.” She just gave me another teasing laugh where Nayeon and the others join her.

“It’s really funny, Yoo.” Jihyo said still clutching her stomach for laughing too much, “You know, bringing girls in your dorm and calling her other name that earns you a slap.”

“Their slaps really hurt tho.” I winced remembering those hard slaps I earned. “Handprints stay on my cheek for a couple of days, you know.”

Those days without Nayeon on my side was really the hardest ones. I still can’t believe I was able to surpass those days. Looking at her laughing and smiling now makes those hell days worth it. And I’ll make sure, she’ll be with me till the end of time.

“Hey, let’s go.” I turn on my side and I saw a waiting bunny, “Everyone is ready to go to their room already.”

I look around and saw everyone fixing our stuffs, “Sorry, I was just thinking.” I gave her a smile before standing up.

“It’s okay.” She then held my hand and left the cottage.

I watch her walk as she held my hand, hair swaying through the wind, eyes shining through the dark. God, thank you for giving me this angel. I’ll make sure to make her the happiest.

I stopped walking, “Nayeon” She faced me with her confused face, “Nayeon. Im Nayeon.”

“What?”

“Thank you so much.” Hearing my words, she closed our gap and hug me so tight, “You’re everything I could ask for. You don’t know how much happiness you brought to me. You’re my everything, bunny.”

“You’re my everything too. You’ll always be my everything regardless of the distance and time.”

“I won’t leave you ever again.”

“And I won’t let you leave me ever again.” She separate from the hug and cup my face, “We’ll always be together.”

I nodded and kissed her on her lips, “I love you.”

“I love you more.”

 

Nayeon

I’ve been looking for Jungyeon since this morning and still can’t find any sign of that ostrich. I even ask the security of her apartment if Jungyeon or any of our friends has been there but no. Wait, they didn’t left without me, right?

I try calling Mina but it was put into voicemail same with Sana, Dahyun and Chaeyoung. Jungyeon has been out of reach since morning.

I get my phone out of my pocket again and call Jihyo. After a couple of rings, she answered her phone. “Thank goodness! Jihyo, are you with Jungyeon?” I asked her. I heard some noises on her background.

“Nayeon? Oh , she’s not here.” She said before telling her companions to keep quiet because she’s talking to me.

“Do you know where she is? I’ve been looking for her for hours now and I can’t even reach her phone.”

“Uh sorry, Nayeon. I don’t know. Why? Do you need anything?”

I sigh, “Nothing. Thank you.” I ended the call.

“Where the hell are you, Jungyeon? You’re making me worried.” I mumble as I look around.

I decided to take a sit on the bench on the sidewalk. Maybe, she’s too busy to even message me.

I decided to send her a message, ‘Where are you? I’m getting worried.’ I waited a few minutes before I received a reply.

‘Don’t worry, bunny. I’m just meeting with a few friends.’

 

It’s getting dark now and Jungyeon is still not yet home. Her reply when I ask her where she is was her last message to me.

I am waiting on our couch when I heard the door opens and the smell of a familiar scent.

“Nayeon,” she carefully wraps her arm around me pulling me into her warm embrace, “Sorry for making you worried.”

I sigh, “It’s okay.” I tap her back asking her to let go. I looked at her face and gave her a small smile, “Happy Anniversary, Yoo.” I give her a small box.

Confusion was written on her face, “Anniversary? It’s just our fourth month,right?” I shook my head.

“No, we didn’t broke up four years ago, remember?” I give her a small smile, “We’re still together in those years.” Slowly, she let out a sweet and genuine smile.

She held my hand, “Come on, we’re gonna have a date.” She said before pulling me out of our apartment.

“Where?”

“It’s for me to know and for you to find out.”

When we reached the area, I looked at her checking of she’s sure about this but all I saw is her eyes full of excitement and nervousness. And that got me confused.

“Are you really sure that we’re going to have our date here?” I asked her looking around the area but nothing change; it’s still covered with darkness.

“Of course! A picnic date!” she told me. “Wait here, okay? I’ll just get our food in the car.”

She was about to let go of my hand but I held her tighter, “W-What? You can’t leave me here! ”

“It’s okay, Nayeon.” She removes her jacket and put it over my shoulder, “You’re safe here.” She gives me a quick kiss before storming off.

I’m still thankful that there are a couple of lampposts so there’s still light. I am scanning the area when the trees suddenly glow with lights. There are lights hanging on the trees giving it magical feels. I got more shock when I heard car engines and car headlights focuses on me like a spotlight.

“Bunny, look at the sky!” I looked up just like what the voice told me. As I looked up, I heard series of fireworks before it forms words. My heart beats so fast reading those words in the sky.

“Nayeon,” I turn around to face the person calling my name, she give me a smile before walking her way towards me, “Hi?”

“Hello.”

“Hey, why are you crying?” I touch my cheeks just to confirm what she said. I didn’t even realize I’m crying.

“I-I don’t know.”

“Nayeon-ah,” she held both of my hands and sigh, “I was once the bad guy but the hell, you came and ruined everything. And you don’t know how thankful I am. Thank you for melting the ice, bunny. Thank you for loving me despite those s. Those days without you will always be the most painful and hardest ones. Having you not by my side, not hearing your voice and everything just feels like hell. I’m sorry for all the heartaches. But, j-just give me this small chance to be with you everyday, every hour, every minute, and every second of my life, I promise to the moon and stars above, I will make you the happiest. So, Im Nayeon, my bunny, will you be mine till the end of time?” She asked as get a velvet box from her pants pocket.

Jungyeon…

I don’t know what to do. Everything is like a dream to me. Is this real? Is she really asking me to be with her till the end of time?

I looked at her as tears flow from her eyes mirroring mine. I can’t thank God enough for giving me such an angel. She’s my everything.

“I-I…” Not knowing what to say, I just nodded my head with a smile and tears on my eyes.

She cupped my face and kissed me lovingly before putting the ring on my finger.

As we separate, I heard series of claps and shouts. I look around just to see our friends and our families watching us.

“You really planned this, huh?” I looked at her. “Is this what you’re doing since this morning?”

“Since we left the beach.” She looked at me, “I don’t really know what to do so I asked help from everyone.”

I saw happiness and contentment as I stare at her eyes. Her eyes are glowing in tears and love. I hug her and bury my face at the crook of her neck.

“I love you.”

“I love you.”

--

Hi everyone!

Thank you for reading and supporting my story. You guys are the best. I ended this now because I would be busy with my brain train. Have a nice vacation for those who have theirs now. :---))))

Sorry if this is not the ending you’re expecting. Hihi. I promise to be better the next time! Have a great one peeps!

-Soul