Chapter 6

Please, be mine.

Jungyeon

I woke up as I felt some heavy thing on my stomach. I opened my eyes and looked at that ‘thing’ above my stomach just to see an arm. Then, I realized something. Right, I let her sleep here in my unit and she doesn’t want me to leave her inside my room alone and ended this way.

“Oh god, you’re so beautiful.” I whispered as I stare at her sleeping face. I feel her snuggle beside me more. I looked at the clock, 6:13 am. We have classes, but it’s still too early. I hug her tighter, she’s very huggable.

“Jungyeon.” I looked at her as she called my name. “My head hurts.” I’m about to move backward when she tighten her hug. “No, just stay here…” she said closing her eyes.

I touched her cheek, “Hey, you’re sick.” I remove the hairs covering her face. “Just sleep here, I’ll cook some food.” I remove her hand on my waist but she put it back.

“I’m not hungry.” Then, she burry her head on my chest.

 “You have to eat.” I remove her hand and distant myself a bit. I looked at her face, “I’ll be back, okay?” she nodded. I stand up and make my way towards the kitchen.

I checked my fridge to see what food I have. Luckily, I found some chicken . I’ll make some chicken soup for her. I prepare all the ingredients needed and started slicing everything before putting it in a pot. I waited for it to be cooked before putting it in a bowl. I get some medicines inside my first aid kit.

I saw her sleeping when I entered the room. I put the food tray on the side table. “Nayeon” I called out as I sit beside her. “Food is ready. You have to eat, bunny.” She slowly opens her eyes and looked at me, I smile.

“Who’s bunny?” She glared at me. “You’re meeting another girl?” I almost laugh at her accusations.

“Easy, that’s you.” I helped her sit. “Just made up some cute nickname for you.” I saw her blush as she lowered her head. My bunny is so shy.

After she ate, I helped her lay down again before I return the plates in the kitchen. I get some warm water and a face towel.

“Jungyeon” I heard her call my name as soon as I open the door. “Where are you?”

“I’m here.” I sit beside her and put the basin on the side table. “Is your head okay now?” I wipe her face using the wet towel.

“Lay down here beside me.” she mutters. I smiled and put back the towel. “I want to sleep in your arms…” I slowly lay down beside her; she put her head on my chest as she hugs me. I hugged her back.

“Sleep now.” I kissed her temple. After few minutes I feel her stable breathing. Soon, I felt my eyes getting heavier and I let the dark ate me.

When I woke up, I can feel some eyes staring at me. I slowly open my eyes just to see a pair of brown orbs intently staring at me. “Nayeon” she smiles, “You okay now?” she slowly nodded.

“Thank you Jungyeon.” I just smile as a response. “You are absent today because of me, sorry.”

“Shh, it’s okay.” I reached for my phone and I texted Sana that we won’t make it today because Nayeon is sick and I also asked her to find Nayeon’s key. “I already told Sana that we can’t make it today.”

 

We’re watching a movie when my phone suddenly rung. I looked at the caller’s ID but there’s no name. I answered it and waited for the other line to speak first.

“Hello?” I heard an old man’s voice. “Jungyeon, this is Coach Park.”

“Coach, anything I can help you with?” I asked politely.

“I need you here today. Can you come here now?” I looked at Nayeon who’s just watching me with a smile on her face. I smile back.

“Sorry, Coach. I can’t come. I have some important things to do.” I heard him sighed.

“Okay, okay. Please, make sure you’ll be here tomorrow.” Then, he hanged up. I didn’t even have the chance to answer.

 “Coach?” she asked when I sit beside her.

“The school’s volleyball coach asked me to play for the upcoming game.” I answered. She stared at me for a few good seconds before I felt her hugging me.

“You’re going to play?” I nodded.

“But I’m scared.” she pulled out from the hug and looked at me confusedly.

“Why are you scared?” I stayed silent before I decided to answer.

“Two years ago, I was the team captain of the volleyball varsity.” She looks at me waiting for what I would say next and so I continue, “We were having this most important game of our school, everything is going smoothly. We got two straight sets and if we got this third set we’ll be the Spring Season champion…but I didn’t expect that I’ll get myself severely injured.”

“What happened?”

“Chaeyoung tossed me the ball so I jumped as high as I could, but I landed badly.” I let out a small laugh, “My left knee got injured. I went three surgeries, and the doctors told me that I should postpone my volleyball career. I’m near on being a member of the National Team. Till then, I got so scared of playing volleyball and scared of seeing those disappointments in everybody’s face. And fortunately, we won that match but I didn’t make it to the national team.”

She cupped my face and smiled at me, “That won’t happen again.” I sighed, “You got me, okay? I’ll catch you.”