Chapter 1

Please, be mine.

Jungyeon

I saw you that day, just wearing those simple shirts and jeans make you stunningly beautiful. I can’t keep my eyes off of you. People know me as cold as an ice, but when I saw you I just felt like the ice inside me melts. When can I see you again? I want to see you and make  you mine.

“Hey Jungyeon, you’ve been spacing out. I’m asking you, what do you want to eat? ” I heard my friend Mina asked.

“A sandwich will do.” I answered. Together with our friend Jihyo, Mina left to get our food. I just stared outside this cafeteria’s window. It’s been a week since the school year started and I’m thinking if there would be another late transferee because it seems like every year we do have.

“Here’s your sandwich, Ice.” Then I heard a chuckle. I looked up to see Mina reaching out the sandwich to me, I immediately get it from her hands and start eating as soon as I removed the tissue covering the mouth-watering sandwich. “You’re always cold, but you become a warm person in front of foods, Ice.”

“Stop calling me Ice.” I told her as I continue eating. This sandwich is improving every day. The first time I ate it, it doesn’t have any taste.

“I heard we’re going to have a late transferee again.” Jihyo suddenly burst. I was just thinking about it awhile ago. “That might be the girl I saw in front of the principal’s office.”

“What does she looks like?” Mina asked. This girl has always been gay.

“She has this cute bunny teeth and long black wavy hair.” Jihyo stopped and looked at us. “She’s cute, no pretty actually.” I stand up as soon as I finished my sandwich.

“I’ll go first. Thanks for the food.” I started walking but before I totally got out of the cafeteria I shouted, “The foods tomorrow is on me!” Then I heard a loud shout of ‘Yeah’. I looked down to hide my smile. They can’t see me smile, my image would be ruin.

While walking, few girl schoolmates are trying to talk to me but I continue ignoring them. I just have this feeling that I need to see this girl Jihyo has been talking about. I’m having that feeling that it’s her. I continued walking until I reached the principal’s office. I stopped from a pretty good distance from the waiting area in front of the principal’s office. I saw this girl reading some sort of documents, her head bowed down making her hair cover her face.

As soon as I started walking towards the girl, five fan girls blocked my way. “Hi Jungyeon!” I looked at them wearing my usual poker face. They are way shorter than me.

“Move.” I coldly said but they didn’t seem scared at all. They are even pushing themselves more towards me. “I said move the hell out of my way.” I said as I glare at them. They slowly move and make an enough space for me to walk. I looked at the place where that girl was seating but she’s already gone. I silently cursed and continued walking towards our classroom.

“What happened to you?” Sana asked, one of my close friends. “You okay?” I shook my head because I’m not really okay. I am pissed off by those flirty fan girls.

“Those flirts.” I said as I sit down on my seat located at the last row of the classroom. “They are pretty annoying.” I put down my head on my arm, and then I felt someone tapped my back but I didn’t bother to look up.

“That’s what you got from being famous.” I heard Dahyun’s voice; she must be the one tapping my back.

“As if you’re not.” I looked at her smirking, “You’re pretty famous too, Ms. Captain of Volleyball team.”

“Shut up.” She rolled her eyes went back to her place. People know her as one of the strongest volleyball player, they idolize her for that. She has many fan girls too, but mine is way more and it’s irritating.

It’s been 10 minutes already since the bell rung as a sign the classes should start, but our teacher is not yet coming. That old hag, she must be really old to be that slow. I’m starting to get bored, I have nothing to do. I sigh and put my head down on my arm as I close my eyes. I’ll just sleep.

I am sleeping peacefully when I felt someone smack my head with a hardbound thing. , that hurts. I slowly open my eyes and look up just to see our old homeroom teacher had arrived already and she was standing right in front of me holding a super thick book. I looked at her, contemplating my feelings.

“D-Don’t sleep in class, Ms. Yoo.” She stuttered. I smirked and bowed my head down again. Everyone is scared of me. I heard her walked away and went back to the teacher’s table. “Okay, anyways, we have a late transferee. She’s from San Francisco, California and just got back here last week. Please come in.” I heard the old hag said.

I opened my eyes but my head still down. That might be the girl in front of the principal’s office. I slowly look up to see the girl standing in front of the classroom. I began to feel my heart racing rapidly. , that’s her. I stared at her.

“Hi, Nayeon is my name. It’s very nice to meet you all. ” she said with a smile revealing her two cute front bunny teeth. Our eyes met and she smiles, but because I can’t ruin my image and smile back to her I just plainly looked at her.

“So, you can seat beside Sana. Sana please raise your hand.” She slowly walks towards the designated seat for her which is in front of me. She waves her hand to me but I shifted my gaze. She takes her sit.

“Just ignore her, Nayeon.” I heard Sana said. “She’s really cold.” Then I heard her laugh. I glare at her and roll my eyes.

“Oh, I thought she’s in a bad mood.” Then she giggles. What the heck, that sounds like a lullaby.

They stopped talking as soon as the teacher started talking and discussing stuffs. I don’t really care about the discussion because this girl in front of me, get all my attention. She’s listening and writing down notes carefully.

“Jungyeon, answer this.” I look at our teacher and the problem beside her, but my gaze shifted to her because she seems like looking that girl named Jungyeon. I sighed and quietly stand up and walked towards the board.

I look at the problem once more and write the answer immediately. As soon as I finished writing the answer I walk back towards my seat just to see her staring at me. I stared back using my cold eyes. I can’t show my real feelings towards her. She bows her head down and I sit back.

“You really are gifted, Yoo. ” Mina said who is seating beside me. I just looked at her and smirk. Everyone seems impressed even her.

After that boring as hell class, it’s time for our break. I quickly stand up as soon as the bell rang and went out. I just heard my friends shouting my name. I’m freaking hungry and I can’t wait now. As soon as I arrived at our cafeteria, people our lining already. It’s freaking long but I have to fall in line just to be fair. I’m cold and all, but I’m still kind.

I am quietly lining when I felt someone bumped onto my back. I look back just to see a pair of brown orbs looking at me. She seems like asking for help. I look at the person behind her, just to see tons of maniacs. I sigh and pull her in front of me. I’m wearing our PE uniform, while she is wearing this short skirt. I covered her ears so she can’t hear what I would say to these maniacs.

“You will stop harassing girls or I will ruin your future right now?” I asked them without looking. I just heard some whisper of curses and feet leaving. I removed my hands from her hears and continue lining quietly.

“T-Thank you…” I heard her whisper.