Chapter 38

My Blinger Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you jumped to this chapter upon update, please move back a chapter. I updated twice :D Sorry for the late updates!

-----

 

Jonghyun's heart started beating fast. Would Gyuri be Jonghyun's dad's mysterious guest who followed him to actually meet Jonghyun himself? Or is it going to be another major disappointment? His legs would not stop shaking out of anxiousness. He felt weird. He was actually more nervous about meeting the guest rather than his debut stage. 

His eyes are literally glued to the door. Within seconds after Minyoung left, the door knob started to turn again. His curiousity grew. The door slowly opened, revealing 4 guys decked in pretty clothes.

"Wow, you guys. You sure know when to come in." Jonghyun snorted.

SHINee members laughed. "Jonghyun-ah, are you perhaps waiting for someone? To make it worse, that someone is not us?" Key dramatically asked, clearly mocking at him for looking like a fool. SHINee members were apparently in this whole 'surprising Jonghyun' plan too. While others are keeping their mouth shut pretty well, Taemin on the other hand, cannot seem to stand still and almost blurt out the secret if it was not for Minho's in time interval.The other members tried keeping Taemin as far away from Jonghyun, in fear that kid would spoil the whole plan. From then on, the other members vowed not to let Taemin be in the plan because accidents may happen. 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. "Go away." 

"Fine,if you said so." Key laughed. 

Just then, Minyoung entered. "Oppa, here's the person who wanted to meet you badly. HE shall come in now."

Jonghyun froze. "HE?! NOT A SHE?!"

"SURPRRRRRISEEEEE SURPRISE KIM JONGHYUNNNNNNNNNNN!" the guy who wanted to meet Jonghyun 'so badly' shouted. 

"NOT YOU!!!!!!!! WE ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE! WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?!"  Jonghyun let out a frustrated sigh. "Park Jaebeom, why?!"

"How could you say that to me? I'm your friend after all!" Jay retorted.

"Friend, you say? You're Gyuri's friend, not mine! Plus, how can you be my friend when you're my rival in love?" 

Jay smirked. "Fine. I was just going to say congratulations on your debut and some words from Gyuri but it seems that you do not welcome me here." Jay faked a sob. He turned towards the door and twisted the doorknob. "Goodbye."

"G-Gyuri?" Jonghyun muttered. "WAIT!!!!!!" 

Jay smirked again. "I'm definitely keeping my mouth shut for now. If you really want to know what she said, do your debut stage well first." 

 

 

It was finally SHINee's turn to perform. They said their group cheer out loud and had a group hug before they went up to the stage confidently. Jonghyun was the first to sing so he was most nervous guy ever. The lights on stage suddenly shine on them and the music started playing. 

This is the moment they have been dreaming of. Being able to dance and sing on stage and knowing their close ones are watching them closely, isn't it nice? All of a sudden, their nervousness went away as soon as they heard the fans cheering their name one by one. 

They danced and sang with smiles all over their face and successfully completed the performance.

The members ran down the stage with loud cheers among themselves. As soon as they reached the waiting room, a sweet familiar scent filled the room and Jonghyun recognised that smell. 

Jay walked towards Jonghyun and smiled. "I lost, my friend. She loves you and not me. The words she wanted to say, I'm sure it is better if you hear it from her yourself. Congratulations on the successful stage."  

Jonghyun stood there, frozen, clueless and blur.

Jay smirked. " Guys, let's get out of here and give the couple some time."  

Everyone left the room quickly except for one person who caught Jonghyun's eyes. "Gyuri?!' His eyes widened. 

Gyuri stood up from her seat and held out the flowers she was holding on to Jonghyun. "Congratulations on your debut, oppa." Gyuri tiptoed a little and gave Jonghyun a peck on his lips. 

Jonghyun could only blink his eyes. He is still unable to comprehend the situation. 

Gyuri frowned. "Are you not happy to see me?" 

Again, Jonghyun kept blinking his eyes. "No, it's not that but I thought you no longer want to meet me. I thought you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter