Chapter 36

My Blinger Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is this the end of us? A story I never knew about the past ends like this?" Jonghyun muttered. "Then what about this ring? What is the story behind this?"

Jonghyun pulled out the ring Minyoung gave him and showed it to the shocked Gyuri. "Where did you get this? Return it to me!" Gyuri panickly tried to grab the ring but was defeated by Jonghyun's force. 

"No way. This belongs to me, right?" Jonghyun clutched on the ring.

"No." she replied coldly, avoiding eye contact with him.

"You're lying."

"Suit yourself. Just give it back to me and I'll take it as nothing happened, alright?" 

"No, in fact, I'm going to wear it till you tell me." Gyuri was about to stop him but he already put the ring on his finger. 

"Why are you doing this?" Gyuri folded her arms.

"Isn't that supposed to be my question?"

"Whatever! You want to wear it? Wear it! You want to stay? Stay! I'll leave now!" Gyuri slammed the house door and left. Jonghyun who was stunned at first, chased after Gyuri who was running away.

In the midst of chasing, Jonghyun felt his head spinning. It was hurting so bad he could barely walk properly. A lot of scenes started appearing in his head but it was all unclear. He could not figure out who were the people he suddenly recalled.

"G-Gyuri, w-wait.." his shouts came out as whispers instead. Gyuri did not once turned back and dashed across the road.  Jonghyun, too, followed suit in an unclear state of mind. Before he could even reach the other side of the road, he collapsed. 

"SOMEBODY FAINTED!" a passerby shouted. Gyuri stopped in her tracks and turned. "J-jonghyun.." she uttered. Without thinking twice, she ran towards the road and tried to wake him up but it was futile. A hon could be heard which made Gyuri even frightened because they were afterall, in the middle of the road. Gyuri tried to pull him away but she could not do so in time. A loud thud can be heard from the impact of the hit. Jonghyun remained motionless and Gyuri fainted almost immediately as a result. Murmurs could be heard from the passerbys but none of them actually had the initiative to call the ambulance till several minutes later. 

 

 

 

Jonghyun found himself awake at an unknown place. The surroundings were full of trees and there was a lake nearby. The scene was pretty but it made Jonghyun feel a little bit intimidated by the fact no one was there. He started to walk around to find an exit but no matter how many round or how long has he walked, he still ended up at the starting point. Giving up, he sat down on the cold grass and tried thinking of what happened before he woke up. 

"If I was chasing after Gyuri earlier on, why am I here? Didn't I faint earlier on? Am I dead? NO, THIS CAN'T BE, I NEED TO STAY ALIVE." Jonghyun said to himself. 

He was about to stand up when the pain from earlier on returned. "What is going on?" Jonghyun clutched his head.

Images of the past slowly returns. 

 

[Flashback 1]

Jonghyun's POV:

"I dreamt that you were taken away by some old woman and then you were screaming my name. You looked in pain but as I come nearer, you went further away. I got scared when I can't reach you. Then I woke up and saw you in pain." she explained.

She got scared.. because of me? She heard me, screaming her name though I screamed her name on my mind? 

"Nah, I'm really fine. Are you scared of losing me? Why? You like me?" I smirked. I don't know why I said that anyways.

"What? N-n-no. I was just.. Ugh." She left in a hurry back to her seat and pulled Minyoung together with her.

[Flashback 2]

What the heck did I do wrong?

I decided to find out by making a trip to her school.

I saw many people gathering at one corner. I decided to check it out. The video that showed Gyuri hugging and waving to nobody was played. "Was that, what made her angry?"

I cannot just sit back and watch this. I have to get rid the embarrassment she's facing right now.

[Flashback 3]

*Jonghyun's POV* 

There I was standing one corner like a fool while staring at the ring lying on Gyuri's table instead of resting on her hands. At the same time, I am listening to what both of them were talking about me. 

"Do you... hate him?" Minyoung asked Gyuri. I have no idea why am I so curious to what her answer is going to be like. It was a long pause before she finally answered.

"I hate him." Those words were like daggers piercing through my heart.

"You know you're lying to yourself."

"I know I am not."

[Flashback 4]

"I told you, since I told you the purpose, you have to bear the consequences. You will gain 85% of your memory from young till now except for some parts where you are not allowed to remember. Your memories will not contain Gyuri anymore. She will be a passerby of your life. You accepted the deal. You can't change it."

I MUST NOT FORGET HER. WHY MUST THIS HAPPEN??

"t-t-this is ridiculous. How can I not remember her at all? Isn't there any ways I can remember her again!?!?!?!?!"

"Well, that is a secret only I will know. Don't say I'm cruel. I will let you meet her one more time before I send you to Earth. Remember this, go back to SHINee's dorm when you are back." 

-End of flashbacks. 

 

"OLD LADY, WHERE ARE YOU? YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MY PLIGHT, RIGHT? WHERE ARE YOU? SHOW YOURSELF!" Jonghyun shouted around like a lunatic but nobody answered him. "I gotta find Gyuri. I remember everything now. I REMEMBER NOW." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter