Chapter 28

My Blinger Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They found a seat right next to the window. Gyuri sat there awkwardly with Jonghyun sitting opposite her. Her heart beats faster each time she sees him smile. 

"Uhm, sorry I need to go to the toilet." She quickly excused herself and left to the toilet. 

On her way to the toilet, she saw somebody familiar. Torn and dirty clothes, wrinkled face, hands clutching on her stomach. It was that old lady again. Gyuri's eyes met hers. The old lady walked to her, stretching out her hands to hold Gyuri's. 

"Aigoo, it's you again young lady. I have been finding you all these while." Gyuri did not know how to react. 

"What can I do for you?" 

"Remember the ring I once gave you? Can I have it back?" 

"T-that.. Sorry, I cannot." 

"What do you mean you can't? Isn't it on your finger right now? Why can't you give it to me?" 

"I am sorry, I cannot. Please stop forcing me" 

The old lady continued to beg her for the ring while Gyuri just refused. Everyone was staring at them.  The old lady was about to snatch it off her fingers when Jonghyun stopped her. 

"She said stop so stop. You gave her before, why would you ask for it again. That's not being sincere. Let's go." Jonghyun grabbed Gyuri's hands and went in to the food shop again. 

"If you guys weren't so slow, do you think I'd do this? Tsk!" The old lady thought. 

 

 

"Was the food nice?" Jonghyun started the conversation to lessen the awkwardness. 

"Yea, thanks." Gyuri kicked the pebble on the streets as they walked home together. Her eyes looking down to avoid any eye contact with Jonghyun. 

"Why do you want to save that ring so much? If it was hers, why didn't you just give it to her?" 

"None of your business, I believe." 

"Whoa chill. "

They continued walking for awhile till Gyuri stopped. "Jonghyun, I'm sorry." 

"Why?"

"This ring matters to me a lot because it reminds me of a friend. He doesn't remember me anymore, neither he remembers whatever happens to us. I never had a chance to tell him I was sorry or thank him or even tell him I love him yet he left me just like that. When he came back, I thought I could say those words to him but I was wrong." 

A tear escaped her eyes but she quickly wiped it off.

"So, was that person me since you asked me about me remembering you or not just now?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter