Chapter 9

Changed

 

Fate

Chapter 9: Fate

[Recap of Chapter 8]

“Guigui, Thanks for the time you have given me.” Wei Yu said gentlemanly

“Why are you talking about this?” Guigui said as she is confused.

“Guigui, let’s be friends, let’s cancel the marriage.” Wei Yu said to Guigui.

“Are you sure?” Guigui asked to confirm.

“Yes, very sure. We are both still young, we have not enjoyed, and it’s too early to get tied down.” Wei Yu explains to Guigui.

Guigui gave Wei Yu a hug and said, “Thanks!”

[End of Recap]

After the ferris wheel, Wei Yu send Guigui home and finds that Wangzi is outside her house. Guigui gave Wei Yu a goodbye kiss and heads towards Wangzi. She patted Wangzi’s shoulder that woke him up.

“What are you doing outside my house?” Guigui asked Wangzi who is half awake.

Upon seeing Guigui he threw her a hug, “Nothing, I just want to see you.”

Just then, Ya Tou happen to pass by, she walked towards them and acted as if she is angry. She shouted at Guigui.

“How can you do this to me? You know that I love Wangzi, but now, what are you doing?” Ya Tou shouted at Guigui and Wangzi.

Guigui hurried and explain when Wangzi and Ya Tou burst out laughing. Guigui knew that she is being tricked and she decided to ignore them.

“Gui.” Wangzi and Ya Tou called out to her as she walked into the house.

“Wangzi! I got to go now; Ah wei is waiting for me.” Ya Tou said to Wangzi and asked him to pacify Guigui for her too.

“Sure.” Wangzi promised Ya Tou to pacify Guigui.

All along, Aaron was staring from the tree at Guigui. He knew that Guigui would eventually end up with Wangzi. He wanted so much to give up but his heart tells him not to give up. Guigui decided to stop ignoring them.

“YA TOU! HOW CAN YOU?” Guigui turned to say to Ya Tou but to find out that Ya Tou have left.

“So, you finally decided not to ignore me.” Wangzi said to Guigui.

Guigui then chased after Wangzi and beat him to vent her anger. When she was about to stop beating him, she miss her footing and fall onto the sofa with Wangzi on top of her. They looked at each other for a while and Wangzi gave Guigui a kiss on the lips. Guigui wanted so much to push him away, but she slowly gave in. After a little while, she pushed Wangzi away.

“I’m sorry.” Guigui said before she ran up and locked the room door.

Aaron on the other hand witness everything, his heart ache, he felt sad. He really wanted to give up on her. He then head to the pub and started drinking. Wangzi was angry with himself, he did not want to kiss her actually, he was afraid that Guigui would hate him. He then went home and did some serious thinking. Aaron came home drunk; Wangzi went down to help him to the room.

“I’m a jerk; I did not cherish her, now she’s gone.” Aaron mumbled.

Wangzi informed the maid to put a towel on his head and prepare ginger tea in case he got a hangover tomorrow. Guigui lie down on the bed, she was thinking why her life would become a mess, everything started after knowing the two brothers, getting into celebrities high school. Everything became a mess. The moment she closes her eyes, she realise that she could not forget him. Images of him surfaces every few seconds, she woke up and looked around, she started to think of the memories they had together. She wanted so much to share the news with him but the sight of him irks her. She then leave it to fate, she threw a coin, if it’s head, she will stay at home, if it’s tail, she will go and find him.

Guigui threw the coin and caught hold of it, she peep a little by a little, TAIL! Even fate wanted them to reconcile, she changed and head down to find him. Her face beamed with happiness, she was delighted that fate bought them together once again. But before she could reach his house, she was involved in an accident. The car she was in crashed head on to a lorry. The driver was killed on the spot while Guigui was in critical condition and she was rushed to the hospital. Mr and Mrs Wu was informed, they telephoned Wei Yu to tell him the news. The three of them rushed to the hospital.

“GUI! You must hang on.” Mrs Wu cried from outside the operation room.

“What happen?” Wei Yu asked Mr Wu.

“I don’t know, the hospital called to say Gui is involved in an accident.” Mr Wu explained as he paced up and down.

Wei Yu thinks that it is best for him to call Wangzi and Aaron down. After all, Aaron is her ex, while Wangzi is her best friend. Aaron had just woken up from his drunken state and was not completely sober yet, Wangzi answered the phone.

“Hello.” Wangzi said.

“Wei Yu here, Guigui is involved in an accident, we are at Lovelife Hospital.” Wei Yu said anxiously over the phone.

“WHAT? Guigui is involved in an accident!” Wangzi shouted into the phone.

Aaron overheard it and became completely sober and rushed towards Wangzi. He snatched over the phone and say, “We’ll be right there.”

Aaron pulled Wangzi and asked Wangzi to drive the car since he knew where the hospital is, within half an hour, they reached the hospital, and they then run around searching for Wei Yu. Finally, they found Wei Yu seated down at a corner with both hands on his head and his head was down.

“What happen?” Aaron asked Wei Yu anxiously.

“I don’t know, I was at home when uncle called me.” Wei Yu explained.

Aaron then went to Mr Wu and asked, “Uncle, what happen to Guigui?”

“Who are you?” Mr Wu asked as he frowned.

“I’m Aaron Yan, Guigui’s ex-boyfriend.” Aaron replied immediately.

“Oh, you are the son of Yan’s company.” Mr Wu stopped frowning and said.

“Yes. May I know what happen?” Aaron asked again.

“I don’t know. The hospital just called and says Guigui’s is involved in an accident.” Mr Wu replied as he pays close attention to his wife.

“GUIGUI! MUMMY ONLY GOT YOU! YOU MUSN’T DIE!” Mrs Wu shouted again as she sobbed uncontrollably.

After 8 hours of anxious waiting, the doctor come out and informs Mr Wu.

“Mr Wu, we have tried our best, and we are able to save her, but she is in very critical condition, the next 48 hours is very crucial. Do give her lots of support.” The doctors said as he gives a faint smile.

The nurses wheeled Guigui out and she was heavily bandaged, her beautiful face is now covered with bandages, her hands are covered with cuts and abrasions. Lots of needles are poking through her flesh. Upon seeing the sight, Mrs Wu broke down again; her heart was pain when she sees her daughter going through these things.