Chapter 27

Changed

 

Awkwardness (Part 2)

Today is Aaron Yan's birthday! Happy birthday! I hope that Aaron Yan will appear in more variety shows and dramas. I hope that there will be another show that he will act with GUIGUI. I hope that FARENHEIT(sp?) will always be together. I hope that Aaron Yan will stay healthy forever.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 27: Awkwardness (Part 2)

[Recap of Chapter 26]

“Gui, don’t avoid my question.” Wangzi said to Guigui.

“Western or Chinese food?” Guigui asked again pretending that she did not hear what Wangzi is saying.

“Gui, why did you become like this?” Wangzi asked Guigui again.

“I think Western food is better.” Guigui said.

Wangzi hold on to Guigui’s arm and make her face him, he asked again, “You are still angry with my parents.”

Guigui’s gazes moved from the left to the right but not straight into his eyes.

“Am I right?” Wangzi asked in a serious tone.

“Wangzi, it’s hurting me. Release your hand now.” Guigui said to Wangzi.

After shopping for the grocery, they head back home, but there awkwardness fills the air throughout the whole journey. Once they reached home, Guigui pretends to be friendly and act as though nothing had happen.

[End of Recap]

Guigui then went straight to the kitchen to prepare the dinner while Wangzi did some catching up with Aaron. After a few hours, the dinner is ready, they had dinner together. Mrs Yan took the opportunity to ask Guigui some questions.

“Guigui, when are you thinking of holding your wedding?” Mrs Yan asked Guigui.

There was an awkward silence as Guigui turn to look at Aaron helplessly.

“Auntie, I’ve never think of getting married yet.” Guigui replied.

“Guigui, the baby is already born and it is advisable that you get married now.” Mr Yan tried to persuade Guigui.

“Your parents did not approve?” Mrs Yan asked.

“Don’t worry; we will talk to them tomorrow, since you are going there tomorrow.” Mr Yan said to Guigui.

Guigui stopped eating, she put down her cutlery and replied, “The problem did not lie with my parents but the problem lies with me.”

“What are you talking?” Aaron asked Guigui.

“The reason I don’t marry you is that I still wants my freedom.” Guigui told a white lie.

Aaron stood up and asked agitatedly, “Do you know what you are saying?”

“I know. I know what I’m saying now.” Guigui replied Aaron.

“I don’t believe you.” Wangzi said to Guigui.

“Why, the four of you are ganging up to force me to get married?” Guigui said as tears started to form.

Aaron was getting more and more angry; he slapped her for being rude.

Wangzi, Mr and Mrs Yan were all shock with Aaron’s action.

“This is your first time slapping me.” Guigui replied as tears started falling.

“Quickly apologise to my parents.” Aaron demanded Guigui.

“Aaron Yan, you listen up, you want to know the reason right. You asked for it.” Guigui warned Aaron.

“Just shut up and apologise.” Aaron said to Guigui.

“The reason is your parents. Blame it on your parents then. They are the reasons that I don’t want to get married. After that near miscarriage, I hate your parents. Every time I see them, I will think of that near miscarriage. I also blame myself too; I don’t have the courage to see them. I’ve been avoiding them. From the day I moved back to Taiwan, I’ve told myself not to see your parents again. Are you happy with the answer, Mr Aaron Yan?” Guigui said as she cries uncontrollably. She then ran out of the house.

An awkward silence filled the air; Aaron proceeded to eat his food while Mr and Mrs Yan did not say anything but to stare at the food. Wangzi did not believe that Guigui actually said such thing.

“Mum, let’s go back to the states tomorrow.” Aaron said while eating his dinner.

“What about the baby?” Wangzi asked Aaron.

“I will talk to Guigui when she comes back later.” Aaron said.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea to stay here. We’ll move to the hotel later.” Mrs Yan said to Aaron.

“Nevermind, just stay for the night, since we are moving to the states tomorrow.” Aaron said to Mrs Yan.

It was already midnight; Aaron was waiting for Guigui to come back while sitting at the sofa.
Guigui came back alcohol-reeked. Aaron stopped her.

“I’m going back to the states tomorrow.” Aaron informed Guigui.

“So?” Guigui replied coldly.

“I’ll bring the baby along.” Aaron said to Guigui.

“No way! The baby belongs to me.” Guigui said to Aaron angrily.

“Whatever, in that case, we will bring this matter to the court.” Aaron replied.

“Aaron Yan, are you doing a clean break with me? You are breaking up with me? You are ditching me?” Guigui screamed angrily.

“Whatever. I’m just giving each other time to cool down.” Aaron reasoned with Guigui.

Guigui tried to hold back her tears as she returned and locked the room. Once inside the room, she threw herself onto the bed and cried till her eyes were puffy. She unlocked the door and went to sleep, in order to prevent Aaron from taking the baby away; she placed Lucas beside her to sleep throughout the night.