Chapter 7

Changed

 

Promise

Chapter 7: Promise

[Recap of Chapter 6]

As soon as class ended, Aaron went to her house to find her, but only to find out that she have moved back home. Wangzi was sitting at the couch waiting for Aaron.

“You are back home. Where is she now?” Wangzi asked Aaron.

“She moved back home already.” Aaron replied dejectedly.

“One of my girls told me that Guigui had already applied to quit school.” Wangzi informed Aaron.

“Is it?” Aaron said and appears much sad.

“What did you do to her, she appear so angry and mad at you today?” Wangzi asked Aaron.

“I was a jerk to mistaken her love as greed. I passed her a cheque.” Aaron replied.

“You must be kidding. That’s why she is so angry with you!” Wangzi replied with a shock.

[End of Recap]

[Over at the Wu’s house]

“I’ve already apply for you to quit school already.” Mr Wu said to Guigui.

“WHAT?” Guigui exclaimed with a shock.

“I’ve arranged you a marriage with the son of the textile company – Wei Yu.” Mr Wu informed Guigui.

“You can still go back to school with one condition, to agree to this arranged marriage.” Mr Wu said to Guigui.

“I promise you. I agreed to this arranged marriage.” Guigui replied.

[The next day]

News spread very fast, and soon the whole school knows that Guigui is the fiancée of Wei Yu who also transfer to the school. What’s more, to the same class with Guigui.

“Class settles down now. We got a new student.” Miss Cherry announced to the class.

Miss Cherry then assigned Wei Yu to an empty seat at near the window, she also asked Guigui to sit beside Wei Yu and guide him.

“Yes, Miss Cherry.” Guigui agree almost immediately.

Aaron held her hand and begged her not to with his eyes. Guigui shook off his hand and walked towards Wei Yu.

“Dear, can you let me sit beside the window?” Guigui pleaded with Wei Yu.

“Sure, my love.” Wei Yu answered politely.

For the rest of the day, Aaron was often in a daze occasionally looking at Guigui. Wangzi saw it and decided to comfort him after school.

“Brother!” Wangzi called out to Aaron who was walking towards his car.

“Yes?” Aaron answered half heartedly.

“Meet me at the cafe down the road.” Wangzi said to Aaron.

“Ok.” Aaron replied and hopped onto his car.

[At the cafe]

“Bro, after you broke up with Guigui, you seem so shag.” Wangzi commented to his brother.

“Really? I feel so guilty, I love her seriously but I actually misjudge her.” Aaron started to blame himself.

Just then Guigui and Wei Yu came to the cafe as she always drops by here for the ice cream. Guigui then walked hand in hand to the seat facing Aaron and Wangzi, to piss him off. Wei Yu then helped her to order the ice-cream.

“Strawberry Ice Cream for you, my love.” Wei Yu said gentlemanly to Guigui.

“How do you know I like strawberry ice cream?” Guigui exclaimed happily like a small kid.

“I got my ways.” Wei Yu boasted to Guigui.

“Alright, let me give you a prize then, here you go.” Guigui said to Wei Yu as she scooped up one scoop of strawberry ice cream and feed Guigui.

“So how was it?” Guigui asked eagerly.

Wei Yu nodded his head and replied, “Delicious!”

Guigui and Wei Yu then shared the ice cream and acted really like a couple head over heels with each other. Aaron saw it, his heartache; tears start to form around his eyes.

“Bro, let’s go.” Wangzi saw it, he immediately asked his brother to leave.

Aaron and Wangzi reached home, after awhile, Aaron retreated to his room while Wangzi decided to give Guigui a visit. Guigui was drying her hair as rain started pouring down, she then penned down her thoughts in her diary which contained entries of what she had done with Aaron. Wangzi reached her house, and he was drenched in rain, he pressed the doorbell as he shiver while waiting for Guigui to open the door. Guigui opened the door and saw Wangzi, he immediately usher him in.

“WANGZI! Why are you so silly to get drench in the rain?” Guigui asked hysterically as she helped him to dry his hair.

“Please don’t hate my brother, please.” Wangzi pleaded with Guigui.

Guigui stopped drying his hair and stood up, “I’m getting married next month.”

“What? Are you kidding me?” Wangzi said with a shock.

“I did it for his own good.” Guigui replied.

“He’s now half dead, anti-social.” Wangzi said again before he out.

“WANGZI! WANGZI!” Guigui shouted trying to wake him up.