Chapter 28

Changed

 

The end

Chapter 28: The end

[Recap of Chapter 27]

“I’m going back to the states tomorrow.” Aaron informed Guigui.

“So?” Guigui replied coldly.

“I’ll bring the baby along.” Aaron said to Guigui.

“No way! The baby belongs to me.” Guigui said to Aaron angrily.

“Whatever, in that case, we will bring this matter to the court.” Aaron replied.

“Aaron Yan, are you doing a clean break with me? You are breaking up with me? You are ditching me?” Guigui screamed angrily.

“Whatever. I’m just giving each other time to cool down.” Aaron reasoned with Guigui.

Guigui tried to hold back her tears as she returned and locked the room. Once inside the room, she threw herself onto the bed and cried till her eyes were puffy. She unlocked the door and went to sleep, in order to prevent Aaron from taking the baby away; she placed Lucas beside her to sleep throughout the night.

[End of Recap]

Aaron went into the room and decides not to separate Lucas from Guigui. He secretly left her a note on the laptop in their study room. He quietly moved his luggage out of the room and went down to meet his parents. He took a last look at the house before heading to the airport. Baby Lucas’s cries woke Guigui up from her sleep. She woke up and looked around finding Lucas. She found Lucas crying beside her. She quickly fixed Lucas milk and feed him before putting him back to sleep again. After Lucas sleep, she walked to the study room and found a note left by Aaron on the laptop.

To: Guigui

By the time you read this letter, I’ve already left for the states. It really hurts to slap you yesterday but I was really angry at that moment. How can you scold my parents? They bring me up till now. How can you scold them? What hurts me more is the reason you gave for not wanting to get married. I’ve never wanted to break up with you. I just want to give each other more time to think about it. I won’t separate Lucas from you. Take care and I love you forever.

-Aaron-

To Guigui

I’m really disappointed in what you have said to my parents. I could see that you are unhappy but why didn’t you tell me. At least, I won’t let such things happen that hurt all of us. I know my brother was harsh on you just now but if I was him, I will also do such things. After all, they are my parents. I guess it is a good time for the both of you to cool down. Take care.

-Wangzi-

Guigui read the letters and her tears started flowing down. She knew that she was in the wrong. She knew that she had hurt the guys indirectly. She looked at the time, it was too late. For now, she knows that Lucas is the one she’s living for. She did not go to look for Aaron as she thinks that it is a good idea for them to cool down. Every now and then, she will update the facebook page she set up for Lucas to keep in touch with Aaron. Whenever she is free, she would meet up with her ‘sisters’ and bringing Lucas out to attend parties.

After two years, Aaron came back to surprise Guigui. Indeed, he got a surprise too. Guigui opened the door.

“Hello. Please come in.” Guigui greeted Aaron.

“Hi.” Another man’s voice greeted him.

The man was playing with Lucas on the floor.

“Hi.” Aaron greeted back hiding his disappointment. He thought that Guigui had moved on even without him by his side.

“Elton, here’s your drink.” Guigui said as she passed him his drink.

“Thanks honey.” Elton replied putting his hand around Guigui’s waist.

“Aaron, make yourself at home.” Guigui said.

“Honey, I’m bringing Lucas out to the playground. Do you want to follow?” Elton asked Guigui.

“No thanks. You can handle him right, dear?” Guigui replied.

“Alright, bye honey.” Elton replied giving her a kiss on her forehead.

After Elton bring Lucas out, Aaron relaxed and they started to talk.

“Your new beau?” Aaron asked Guigui.

“Yes, sort of, I guess.” Guigui replied.

Aaron forced out a weak smile and said, “Last long.”

“Thanks. What about you?” Guigui asked Aaron.

“No one wants me.” Aaron replied jokingly.

“Maybe you are too picky.” Guigui teased Aaron.

Aaron thought to himself, “Not that I’m picky, I’m still waiting for you.”

“Maybe,” Aaron replied.

“Tomorrow is Lucas’s two years old birthday, come and join us.” Guigui invited Aaron.

“Us?” Aaron asked confused.

“Elton, me, my ‘sisters’ and their beaus will be there too.” Guigui explains.

“Where?” Aaron asked.

“Here. Elton’s staying over to help out with the decoration.” Guigui replied.

“Oh, sure, I’ll come tomorrow.” Aaron replied trying to be happy.

(The next day)

It was Lucas’s birthday; everyone had reached except for Aaron. Wangzi too came to give her a surprise.

“SURPRISE!” Wangzi said upon reaching the house.

“Thanks for coming.” Guigui said happily.

After waiting for a few hours, Guigui asked Wangzi to give Aaron a call. The doorbell rang; Guigui went down to open the door. It was Aaron holding a big present.

“This is for Lucas. I’ve to go already. There’s an important meeting waiting for me. Sorry.” Aaron explains as he rushes to the airport.

Elton came down and asked for Aaron, “Why he left in a hurry?”

“He said that he got an important meeting.” Guigui replied hiding her sadness.

“Have you told him that you are still waiting for him?” Elton asked.

“Not yet. Maybe it’s fate.” Guigui replied forcing out a happy smile as she returned to Lucas’s side.

After everything ended, Elton and Wangzi stayed to help clear up the mess, while Guigui put Lucas to sleep.

“Thanks for helping to clear the mess. The rooms are ready. Do sleep early.” Guigui said to the both of them.

Guigui then opened up the presents. When it was Aaron’s present, she opened it and saw a box inside is the ring that he had proposed with. Her heart immediately melted and she could not hold back her tears, Aaron was also waiting for her. She then flew to the states to find Aaron with Wangzi, while Elton; her godbrother took care of Lucas. Guigui waited patiently inside his office while Wangzi continued with his work. Aaron then came in and was shocked that Guigui is inside his office.

“Aaron.” Guigui said as she ran over to give him a hug.

“Are you ok? Is it Elton who bullied you?” Aaron asked.

Guigui shook her head and showed him her hand.

“The ring? You agreed to marry me?” Aaron asked anxiously.

Guigui nodded her head shyly.

Aaron was excited and in high spirits. He looked at her before sealing their lips in the office. After work, Aaron brought Guigui back home where Guigui apologise to his parents for being stubborn and disrespectful. Aaron also told them about their marriage. After their marriage, they lead a very blissful life, Lucas is going to be three in a few months time and Guigui is pregnant again, this time with a twins. Wangzi too, had become the children god-father. Lucas was even talent-spotted and acted in a movie.

A few months later, it was Lucas’s three years old birthday, Aaron, Guigui and Lucas is cutting the cake when her water bag burst. She was sent to the hospital immediately and waited in the labour room. Aaron accompanied her throughout the whole process. One minute to midnight, Guigui gave birth to her twins – a boy and a girl.

“You have woken up?” Aaron asked Guigui.

Guigui nodded her head while Aaron passed her a cup of water to clear .

“Where are the babies?” Guigui asked anxiously.

“In the babies room. It’s a boy and a girl. I’ll name the boy, you’ll name the girl.” Aaron suggested.

“The girl shall be called, Jermaine Yan.” Guigui answered.

“The boy shall be called, Kenan Yan.” Aaron said as he kissed Guigui.

“I love you.” Aaron said to Guigui.

“I love you too.” Guigui replied as she looks into the eyes of Aaron.

One year later, it was Lucas’s four years old birthday. But this time round, it was also Jermaine – the eldest twins and Kenan – the youngest twin’s birthday. The three children celebrated their birthday together.