Chapter 10

Changed

 

Memory loss

Chapter 10: Memory loss

[Recap of Chapter 9]

“I’m Aaron Yan, Guigui’s ex-boyfriend.” Aaron replied immediately.

“Oh, you are the son of Yan’s company.” Mr Wu stopped frowning and said.

“Yes. May I know what happen?” Aaron asked again.

“I don’t know. The hospital just called and says Guigui’s is involved in an accident.” Mr Wu replied as he pays close attention to his wife.

“GUIGUI! MUMMY ONLY GOT YOU! YOU MUSN’T DIE!” Mrs Wu shouted again as she sobbed uncontrollably.

After 8 hours of anxious waiting, the doctor come out and informs Mr Wu.

“Mr Wu, we have tried our best, and we are able to save her, but she is in very critical condition, the next 48 hours is very crucial. Do give her lots of support.” The doctors said as he gives a faint smile.

The nurses wheeled Guigui out and she was heavily bandaged, her beautiful face is now covered with bandages, her hands are covered with cuts and abrasions. Lots of needles are poking through her flesh. Upon seeing the sight, Mrs Wu broke down again; her heart was pain when she sees her daughter going through these things.

[End of Recap]

For the next 48 hours, Aaron, Wangzi, Wei Yu and her parents took turns to talk to her, giving her support and willpower. They also took turns to take care of him, while others go home and changed or to take a rest. Ya Tou and Ah Wei also come to visit her.

“Gui, I’m Ya Tou. You must hang on.” Ya Tou said as tears slowly rolled down her cheeks.

After 48 hours, there is still no sign of improvement, but miracle happen when Wangzi came in and hold her hands, one of her fingers started to move, Wangzi immediately called the doctor. The rest of them waited patiently outside the door, the doctor came out and announced that Guigui had woken up and they may go in and see her.

“Gui! You scare mummy.” Mrs Wu said as she held on to Guigui.

Guigui then pointed at Aaron and Wei Yu, and asked, “Mummy, who are they?”

Aaron and Wei Yu was shocked and lost for words. They tried to ask her to name everyone in the room.

“Ah Wei, Ya Tou, Wangzi, don’t know, don’t know, daddy and mummy.” Guigui replied as she scratches her head.

Mr Wu then pulled the doctor in and asks what had happen to his daughter. The doctor checked and said that, she is suffering from memory loss due to the impact of the accident. The doctor is unable to say when she will fully recover.

Aaron tried talking to her and he held on her hand, “I’m Aaron, and don’t you remember me?”

Guigui removed her hands and shake her head looking scared, “Go away, Wangzi, I’m scared!”

Wangzi rushed over to her side and soothe her emotion, “Don’t be scared, I’m here.”

Aaron was extremely dejected; he left the room as tears rolled down his cheeks. He slumped onto the chair and started crying. Wei Yu came out and comforted him. He knew that it will be a large blow to him. The girl he loved actually forgets him. He knew exactly how it feels.

“Aaron, cheer up. I believe that she will remember you eventually.” Wei Yu patted him on his shoulder as he leaves him alone.

“Wangzi, can you please stay with me?” Guigui asked with her puppy eyes.

“Alright.” Wangzi replied with a faint smile.

“If Wangzi is staying with you, mum and I go home first, we will visit you tomorrow.” Mr Wu said to Guigui.

Guigui nodded her head and turn to look at Wangzi. She held on to Wangzi’s hand and smile sweetly to him. Wangzi excuses himself and went out to look for Aaron. He dialled his number but the call was not answered. Finally, Aaron replied saying he needs some time alone. Wangzi then went up to find Guigui had fallen asleep.

“I would rather you remember Aaron instead.” Wangzi mumbled as he her hair.

The next morning, Guigui woke up and find that Wangzi is sleeping soundly on the sofa; she walked down slowly and gave him a peck on his cheeks. As usual, the doctor came in and did a routine check on the patient. Wangzi, Guigui’s parents and Aaron waited patiently outside as the doctor check on Guigui. After half an hour, the doctor came out and analyse Guigui’s memory loss to them.

“It seems that the patient’s memory stopped at a particular time, any thing after that, she won’t be able to remember for the time being.” The doctor said to them.

“Which means, her memory stopped at the time she knew me?” Wangzi asked.

“You can say so; this explains why she could remember you but not your brother.” The doctor replied.

“May the patient be discharged now?” Mr Wu asked the doctor.

“Yes.” The doctor replied with a smile and leaves.

“Guigui, you may go home now.” Mrs Wu says happily to her daughter.

“Mum, can I stay with Wangzi?” Guigui asked Mrs Wu.

Mr Wu, Aaron, Wangzi and Mrs Wu are taken aback by her suggestion.

“Gui, it’s best you go back home instead.” Wangzi replied as he her face.

“I don’t want. I want you to stay with me.” Guigui said and starts to throw tantrum.

“Alright, Gui, be good, dad allows you to stay with Wangzi.” Mr Wu replied.

Guigui smiled happily and turns to look at Wangzi. “Wangzi, Wangzi, I can stay with you!”

Wangzi smiled back and held on to her hands.

While Guigui is changing, Wangzi gave her parents her address as he decides to stay with her in her house. Her parents agreed and asked him to look after Guigui. Guigui came out and automatically held on to Wangzi’s hand as though both of them are a couple. The truth is, she does not know that they are not a couple at all. When they reached Guigui’s house, she went up to changed.

“Gui, I’ve to go back home and pack my things.” Wangzi said to Guigui.

“Can I follow?” Guigui asked with her puppy eyes.

“Are you sure you want to follow?” Wangzi asked Guigui.

“Very sure.” Guigui replied with a smile.

They drove to Wangzi’s house, on the way there, Guigui started to remember some things, her head hurts terribly, some visions just surfaced.

“OUCH!” Guigui cried out as she held on her head.

Wangzi stopped the car, and tried to soothe her emotion.

“Are you okay?” Wangzi asked in concern.

[Some recap]
(Guigui’s POV)

I was on the way to whose house. Suddenly, the car rammed into a lorry. Glass shattered; I was thrown to the front. My head hits the dashboard and I out.

(End of POV)
[End of recap]

When Guigui is much better, they continue the journey to Wangzi’s house. When they reached the house, Wangzi immediately made a hot chocolate for her.

“Guigui, you take a seat here first.” Wangzi said to Guigui.

“Ok.” Guigui replied as she takes a sip of hot chocolate.