Chapter 18

Changed

 

Sadness (Part 3)

Chapter 18: Sadness (Part 3)

[Recap of Chapter 17]

“What are you finding?” Xiao Yu asked with a face full of confusion.

“The bracelet, I think I’ve dropped it.” Guigui replied as fear starts to overcome her body.

“I’ll buy you a new one tomorrow, it’s raining soon.” Xiao Yu tried to coax Guigui to give up.

“N – No, the bracelet was given by Aaron to me.” Guigui said out forgetting that Xiao Yu is already her boyfriend.

Guigui knew that she had said the wrong thing, she turned to looked at Xiao Yu, she gave up searching and walked towards Xiao Yu holding his hand, “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t think of him, I shouldn’t, I’m a bad girlfriend.”

Xiao Yu remained silent, it is obvious that he is hurt as tears dropped onto Guigui’s hand, Guigui held up his head and wipe off his tears, “I know that it is impossible to ask you to forget him that fast.”

“Maybe it’s really fated that god wants me to forget him, let’s go home.” Guigui suggested.

They reached home and Guigui informed Xiao Yu’s mum that she is going back tomorrow, cutting short the trip which is originally one month. When everyone is asleep, Xiao Yu went out to the beach to look for the bracelet before she leaves to Taiwan.

[End of Recap]

It took Xiao Yu quite a long time to find the bracelet, he eventually found it and went back home, he opened her door and place the bracelet on the table before heading back to sleep. The next morning, Guigui woke up to see the bracelet on her table, she immediately ran into Xiao Yu’s room to see him shivering under the blanket.

“Silly boy, why did you help me find it?” Guigui ‘chided’ Xiao Yu as she cared for his sickness.

“I want you to be happy.” Xiao Yu stuttered.

“Are you really coming back to Taiwan?” Guigui asked Xiao Yu.

“Yes, but when I’ve recovered, remember to wait for me.” Xiao Yu reminded Guigui.

Guigui nodded her head and choked back her tears, “I’ve got to go to the airport soon. I’ll call you when I’ve reached Taiwan,” she said.

Guigui gave him a peck on his forehead and changed to leave to the airport. Meanwhile, Aaron and Wangzi soon found themselves with a new girlfriend again. They have gone back to their player lifestyle. Hours later, Guigui emerged from the airport and head back home to apologize to her parents for keeping the news in the dark. She reached the entrance of her parent’s house; she took a deep breath before pressing on the doorbell.

“GUI,” Mrs Wu exclaimed and gave her a hug.

Mrs Wu pulled Guigui into the house; Mr Wu saw her and ignored her as he is still angry with her.

“Dad, mum, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t lie to you about my illness.” Guigui said as she apologizes to her parents.

Her parents eventually forgave her, she then went home and immediately called Xiao Yu, but the call went unanswered, Guigui did not think too much because she thought that Xiao Yu must be sleeping. She then went into her room and had an early rest as there is still school tomorrow. Meanwhile, Aaron and Wangzi are having fun with their new flings at the club.

“When are you bringing me home?” Miki asked Aaron cheekily.

“Soon,” Aaron replied kissing her neck.

“My dear prince, it’s a long time when I last saw you.” June commented to Wangzi.

“Aaron, time to go home, there’s school tomorrow.” Wangzi reminded Aaron.

“Bye,” Aaron and Wangzi bid goodbye to the two stunned girls.

(The next morning)

Guigui went to school early and her classmates are shocked to see her as she had miss school for quite a number of days. Aaron and Wangzi went back to school and saw a familiar face in class – Guigui.

“Ya Tou, I’ll sit with you from now onwards.” Guigui informed Ya Tou.

“Gui, where have you been all these while?” Ya Tou asked Guigui.

“Japan, and I’ve met my new boyfriend there too. Guess who he is.” Guigui said happily to Ya Tou.

“Do I know him?” Ya Tou asked while scratching her head.

“Yes. He’ll join me in Taiwan in a few days time.” Guigui whispered to Ya Tou.

“Oh, the guy which is in the same class with us when we are young – Xiao Yu.” Ya Tou exclaimed to Guigui.

Guigui nodded her head profusely and she beamed with delight.

(In Japan)

“Xiao Yu, you must hang in there.” Xiao Yu’s mother murmured.

The doctors operated on Xiao Yu as his cancerous cells are spreading very fast. In Xiao Yu’s mind, there are flashbacks of Guigui from when she is young till the time she went back to Taiwan, he prayed to god to let him live for a few days more. After eight hours of operation, doctors managed to save Xiao Yu but he is still in critical condition.

(In Taiwan)

During break time, Guigui’s phone rang, and it’s from Xiao Yu’s house.

“Hello, you miss me so fast?” Guigui said happily over the phone.

“Guigui, auntie here, can you please come to Japan now?” Xiao Yu’s mother cried as she requested Guigui to come over.

“Auntie, what happen? Why are you crying?” Guigui asked as her smile turned into a serious look.

“Xiao – Xiao Yu, he is in the hospital now.” Xiao Yu’s mother replied.

“I’ll come over now.” Guigui answered.

Guigui immediately brought a ticket to Japan, she went back home and changed and took the yet to unpack luggage and flew to Japan. Before she left, she reminded to Ya Tou to help her explain to the teachers.

“Xiao Yu, you asked me to wait for you and I did, so you cannot give up so easily.” Guigui mumble as she held back her tears.

Hours later, she reached Japan and she went straight to the hospital. She then head to the ward. Upon reaching the ward, she saw Xiao Yu’s mother sitting beside Xiao Yu’s bed.

“Guigui, you have came.” Xiao Yu’s mother exclaimed.

When Xiao Yu heard that Guigui had come, he used all his willpower to wake up. He slowly opened his eyes. A bright light shone at Guigui, she uses her hand to shield the bright light away, when she put down her hand, she saw Xiao Yu looking at her.