Chapter 12

Changed

 

Back to school

Chapter 12: Back to school

[Recap of Chapter 11]

Guigui was jolted from her headache and she answers the call.

“Hello.” Guigui answered sleepily.

-Silence-

“May I know who are you?” Guigui asked again.

-Silence-

“If you are not going to say something, I’m going to end the call.” Guigui threatened the caller.

“You don’t need to know who I am; I just want you to know that I love you.” Aaron said and ends the call immediately.

Guigui look at her phone with a confused look.

[End of Recap]

Wangzi came up to take a look at Guigui, “Gui.”

Guigui put her phone aside and went to open the door.

“What took you so long?” Wangzi asked.

Guigui pulled Wangzi in and asked him more about Aaron.

“Gui, where are you bringing me to?” Wangzi asked again.

“Wangzi, I knew who is Aaron already, though I have no full recollection yet, but I know who he is.” Guigui said anxiously to Wangzi.

Wangzi’s face beamed with happiness, “Really.”

Guigui nodded her head, “He is my ex-boyfriend, but I don’t know why I broke up with him. Did he do something that irks me a lot?”

Wangzi lie to her, “No, he is very good to you, but you broke up with him.”

“Oh, how mean of me. Wangzi, can you bring me to your house tomorrow?” Guigui asked.

“Sure. But after school, don’t forget we have school tomorrow.” Wangzi agreed and patted Guigui’s head.

Guigui gave out a soft chuckle, “I nearly forgot.”

[The next morning]

After missing school for 2 weeks, Guigui and Wangzi had a lot of catching up to do. Miss Cherry is giving them back their examination paper that they have taken 2 weeks before.

“The highest in class, Aaron and Wangzi.” Miss Cherry announced.

“Again?” Guy A whispered to his partner.

“They excel well in their studies.” Girl A said to her friends as they ogle over the two brothers.

“Quieten down class, the second highest, Ya Tou.” Miss Cherry announced happily.

“What? New transfer student getting second?” Girl B commented to her friends.

“She got the looks, and she can study well.” Guy B said to his partner.

“I think I’m the lousiest in class.” Guigui whispered to Wangzi.

“Silly, don’t be so unconfident. I believe you will get the third highest. Want to bet?” Wangzi encouraged Guigui.

“I bet with you I’m the lousiest, if you win, I will treat you to ice cream later.” Guigui challenged Wangzi’s bet.

“Deal.” Wangzi replied immediately.

Miss Cherry started frowning and she slowly relax and gave out a wide smile, “the third highest, Guigui.”

Guigui was shocked to hear her name being called out. Wangzi, Aaron and Ya Tou were happy for her. She stood up and walked towards the teacher and collected her script.

“That got the third highest?” Girl C commented to her partner.

“Guigui, the daughter of Wu’s Inc, looks; yes, academic; yes, wealth, yes.” Guy C analysed her and started gossiping with his friends.

Soon it was after school, Guigui treated Wangzi to ice cream. She decided to invite Aaron, Ya Tou and Ah Wei along.

“Aaron, do you want to follow?” Guigui asked.

“You remember me?” Aaron asked anxiously.

Guigui shook her head, “Not really, bits and pieces only.”

“Oh. Sure I’ll follow.” Aaron replied happily.

They had ice cream and Guigui and Wangzi shared a bowl of ice-cream. Though Aaron is a little jealous, he knew that Guigui is making progress and will remember him fully.

“Dear, don’t you have any thing for me?” Guigui asked Wangzi.

“Got, what about a peck on your cheek.” Wangzi said to Guigui and leaned over to give her a kiss.

Guigui smiled and continued eating her ice-cream. After eating the ice-cream, they decided to head back home.

“Dear, can I go your house?” Guigui asked with her puppy eyes.

“Sure.” Wangzi replied with a smile.

“Wangzi, I’m meeting Jiro now, you can head home first.” Aaron informed Wangzi.