Chapter 22

Changed

 

Quarrel (Part 2)

Chapter 22: Quarrel (Part 2)

[Recap of Chapter 21]

“Forget it; I don’t want to quarrel with you. I’m going out.” Guigui said walking out of the door.

Guigui was walking down the neighbourhood when she saw a woman who slipped and fell. She rushed to her aid immediately. She dialled for the ambulance after realising that her blood is flowing down from her thigh. She went to the hospital with her to hear that she had lost her baby. At that moment, she could feel the sadness, this then pose as a wake up call for her. She decided to keep the baby. She went home to tell the good news to Aaron. She walked to the study room to find Aaron reading a book. She hugged him from behind and leans on his back.

“I’m sorry. I’ve decided to keep the baby.” Guigui said happily.

Aaron did not reply but removed her hands and walked away.

“I’ve already apologise to you. What’s more do you want?” Guigui was angry with his action.

Aaron did not answer but to walk to his room.

[End of Recap]

Guigui follow him to the room, “I should be the one angry instead!”

“My parents are coming back tomorrow.” Aaron finally replied.

“So?” Guigui answered.

“For the next one week, can you please remove the ring on your neck?” Aaron said to Guigui.

“Why? This is given by Xiao Yu to me.” Guigui replied back.

“They are the conservative type. You know right?” Aaron pleaded with Guigui.

“No way.” Guigui answered back.

(The next morning)

The doorbell rang early in the morning, Aaron woke up and went down to open the door.

“Son, how have you been?” Mrs Yan asked her son.

“Mum, dad.” Aaron greeted his parents.

“Who’s that?” Guigui asked as she yawned and walked down the stairs.

Upon seeing his parents, she immediately greeted them, “Uncle, auntie.”

“You must be Guigui.” Mr Yan asked Guigui.

“Yes. Let me pour some water for you.” Guigui said and headed to the kitchen.

(Flashback)

“My parents are coming back tomorrow.” Aaron finally replied.

“So?” Guigui answered.

“For the next one week, can you please remove the ring on your neck?” Aaron said to Guigui.

“Why? This is given by Xiao Yu to me.” Guigui replied back.

“They are the conservative type. You know right?” Aaron pleaded with Guigui.

“No way.” Guigui answered back.

(End of Flashback)

Guigui recalled what Aaron had said; she then took off the ring on her neck and placed it inside her pocket. She then proceeded to take the cups of water for his parents.

“Aaron, we are here to bring you back to the states.” Mrs Yan said to Aaron.

“Mum, that’s too sudden.” Aaron answered with a shock.

“Aaron, we can bring Guigui over too. The gynae there is also experienced.” Mr Yan replied.

“Let me think about it first.” Guigui interrupted.

“Mum, dad, let we go up and convince her first.” Aaron said and immediately went up to the room.

“You told them about the pregnancy?” Guigui asked with her back facing Aaron.

“Yes. They have the right to know too.” Aaron said confidently.

“I’ll go to the states with you.” Guigui said out of the blue.

“Are you sure?” Aaron asked again.

Guigui nodded her head, “I’m going back to my parent’s house later.”

“Let me drive you there.” Aaron volunteered.

“Alright.” Guigui replied.

(In Mr & Mrs Wu’s house)

“Mum, dad, I’m going to move to the states with Aaron tomorrow.” Guigui dropped the bombshell to her parents.

“Why so sudden?” Mrs Wu said to Guigui.

“I’m going there to give birth.” Guigui dropped another bombshell.

“Give birth?” Mr Wu asked with a shock.

“You are pregnant?” Mrs Wu asked Guigui happily.

“Yes.” Guigui answered.