Chapter 1

Changed

 

Singlehood

Chapter 1: Singlehood

[3 years ago]

“I say that I don’t want any arranged marriage right?” Guigui shouted to her parents.

Her parents are as rich as the Yan’s company in the country. Guigui did not enjoy being the only child of the family. But her parents pamper her a lot, giving her what she wanted each time she asked.

“It’s time you learn not to be stubborn.” Mr Wu chided her stubbornness.

“Gui, be good and listen to your father.” Mrs Wu begged her daughter.

“No means No.” Guigui stand firm with her decision.

Mr Wu stood up and slapped her daughter on her face. Angry, Guigui ran to her room and pack her luggage.

“Where are you going?” Mrs Wu asked her daughter.

“Anywhere but not this place.” Guigui replied coldly, her eyes filled with hatred.

“Let her go. She can’t survive on her own.” Mr Wu replied angrily.

“Gui.” Mrs Wu cried out when Guigui left the house.

For 3 years, she never returns to her house, staying over at her godmother house until her godmother gave her the key to a bungalow which she invested. Guigui begged her godmother not to tell her parents her whereabouts. She is also thankful of her godmother for taking her in when she have nowhere to go.

[End of recap]

[Over at the Yan’s house]

Aaron and Wangzi are having their breakfast at the dining room. They are having a random chat with Wangzi asking his brother a very good question.

“How are things going with your lily? Or is it Coco?” Wangzi teased his brother.

Aaron chuckled and replied, “They are all histories, its Amy now.”

“Oh, Amy, your model girlfriend huh?” Wangzi teased again.

“Wait, what about your Brenda, Chocolate or Kiki?” Aaron teased back Wangzi.

“Like what you have said, they are all histories. Now, I’m enjoying singlehood.” Wangzi replied confidently.

“Singlehood? Let me see how long you can go single.” Aaron said to his brother.

“When was your longest singlehood?” Wangzi asked randomly.

“Around 5 years ago. My longest singlehood should be a week.” Aaron replied trying hard to think.

“Alright, I shall exceed your one week of singlehood.” Wangzi proved to his brother.

“Are you sure? I’ll be going to visit Amy later, want to tag along?” Aaron asked trying to test his brother.

“Sure. Why not? I can see the beautiful girls again.” Wangzi replied immediately.

[Over at Guigui’s workplace]

“Gui, can you help me to get the bottle of water?” Amy asked Guigui sweetly.

“Alright.” Guigui said to her best friend, Amy.

When Guigui was about to pass the bottle of water to Amy, she tripped over the wire on the floor, Wangzi ran immediately and held on to her. They stood at the position for a good 5 minutes. Their eyes met with each other, it sends a message to Wangzi’s brain.

“Wangzi!” Aaron called out.

Wangzi did not reply.

“WANGZI!” Aaron shouted and tapped his brother’s shoulder.

Wangzi regained his senses and help Guigui up.

“Thanks.” Guigui replied sweetly and shyly.

“It’s ok.” Wangzi answered, blushing immediately.

Guigui then hurried to pass the bottle of water to Amy.

“Baby, you are here.” Amy called out to Aaron.

“Yes. Give you a surprise visit.” Aaron answered sweetly.

“Amy, Gui, hurry and get into your position now.” The photographer called out to the girls.

While the girls are having their photoshoot, the guys are chatting at the corner.

“Look like someone will not go single for more than a week.” Aaron teased Wangzi.

“She’s beautiful. No, should be perfect.” Wangzi mumbled to himself.

“Hey, are you listening to me?” Aaron asked Wangzi.

“She has big puppy eyes, not too slim yet not too fat, her face is like an angel to me.” Wangzi mumbled to himself again.

Aaron smacked Wangzi’s head, “What the hell, you are analyzing her now and not listening to me!”

“OUCH! What?” Wangzi yelled out.

“Get you back on earth; else you are drifting away to Pluto.” Aaron replied back.

“You can go back with Amy first, I got something to do.” Wangzi replied.

“Something to do?” Aaron asked cheekily.

“I mean, I’m sending her home.” Wangzi replied immediately.

“Sending her home? Which her?” Aaron tried to act blur.

“The girl I held on just now.” Wangzi replied immediately forgetting about the bet.

“Oh yes, you owe me a lunch.” Aaron said happily.

“Lunch?” Wangzi asked blurrily.

“You say you will go single for a week.” Aaron reminded him.

“Send her home doesn’t mean I’ll get into a relationship with her right?” Wangzi talked some senses into his brother.

“Oh fine, whatever.” Aaron said again.