Cherished: 2018

Half Past Eleven [MINOR REVISIONS]

 

1/4/18 - corrected errors.

*wipes sweat* I almost didn't make it. Technically, this is still in, right? I'm not late. It's still January 3rd in Korea right now... ^^;;

Happy birthday to my sunshine child Donghyuk! May he have another fruitful year that's full of love and success. I'm very thankful for his existence and I hope more people will love and appreciate him in the years to come.

Like the previous year's, this is another drabble dump based on real-life moments Donghyuk had with each member. Notes on those moments will be provided at the end. ^^

(also, I totally rushed this during work so please excuse glaring errors. I'll edit this later)

 


 

 

1. Chanwoo

 

Baseball stadiums are definitely different from concert arenas but Chanwoo still feels as hyped as he is when he’s standing on stage to perform in front of fans. There isn’t much people but he’ll be sure to cheer as much as he can for LG Twins against SK Wyverns.

 

Luckily, he has a dear friend with him today to accompany him. He wouldn’t have convinced their managers to allow him to watch if it isn’t for Donghyuk.

 

It’s actually a surprise for Chanwoo that Donghyuk even offered to go with him. He was somewhat expecting Yunhyeong to offer when he talked about the LG Twins match to the group, but the hyung had suggested that he just watch at the TV like he always does so he wouldn’t be tired out for the night practice that day. Setting aside the other members who have no interest, Donghyuk is just mildly fond of baseball (baseball game phone apps). Chanwoo had thought his simple wish of watching a LG Twins match after becoming an iKON member won’t be coming true anytime soon, so he is grateful for Donghyuk for being instrumental in fulfilling it.

 

“Yes! Another point for the Wyverns!”

 

The crowd cheers as the SK Wyverns scored a goal. Donghyuk does a fist pump, nudging his shoulder as if to tease. Though Donghyuk accompanied him, his friend had taken it upon himself to cheer for the opposite team.

 

“I always liked the SK Wyverns!” Donghyuk had told Chanwoo when he made a face at the SK cap he'd bought. Chanwoo knows that’s only true to a small extent, and that Donghyuk just wants to mess with him, but he decides to just play along. When it’s the LG Twins’ turn to score, Chanwoo playfully showed taunting faces to Donghyuk, who in turn laughs as if he said a good joke.

 

If it was any other person, Chanwoo would have felt irritated since that would mean his taunts didn’t have any effect. But since it’s Donghyuk and Chanwoo admittedly has a soft spot for him, he smiles adoringly at the other’s sunny laugh.

 

Chanwoo doesn’t spare him though when break time came, the stadium played BDAY and focused on them; letting everyone know that two iKON members are watching the match. The announcer encourages one of them to dance, so Chanwoo immediately shifts in his seat to get out of the cam’s view, forcing Donghyuk to stand up and do as they are requested.

 

Chanwoo takes out his phone, immediately tapping his cam app just as Donghyuk started dancing to BDAY. A lot of the crowd started cheering, and some people in the same section had loudly commented that Donghyuk is very cute. Chanwoo won’t dare to even think of arguing since it’s true.

 

“That was embarrassing!” Donghyuk whispers to him after his little stunt is done. Chanwoo smirks and shows him the clip he recorded.

 

“You don’t really look embarrassed here.”

 

“Delete that now!” Donghyuk shoots out his hand to take his phone but Chanwoo’s faster to avoid it.

 

“Sorry, Donghyukie.” Chanwoo grins. “Gotta add this to my bargaining materials.”

 

Donghyuk rolls his eyes. “Who would even take that as a bargain?”

 

“The hyungs would. Maybe even June, if he decides he has enough of teasing Yunhyeong-hyung.”

 

“You are a devil. Why did I even offer to go with you here?”

 

“You love me too much, that’s why.”

 

Donghyuk has a small frown on his face. For a moment, Chanwoo is worried if he might have really upset Donghyuk but the person himself quickly dashes his worries by sighing and letting go of the frown.

 

“Well.” Donghyuk shrugs and nudges his side gently. “Are you enjoying yourself Chanu-ya?”

 

“Of course.” Chanwoo didn’t take more than a second to answer.

 

Donghyuk nods and smiles. “Then that’s all that matters.”

 

It didn’t take more than a second for Chanwoo to respond to that too.

 

“I love you, hyung. Thank you.”

 

He’s answered with another hearty laugh, probably because of his sudden use of the “hyung” honorific.

 

“You know this already, but I love you too, maknae.” Donghyuk giggles softly and wraps an arm around his shoulder. “I’m feeling some ice cream after this. Want some too?”

 

“I won’t say no to ice cream.” Chanwoo chuckles.

 

Ice cream would be a good dessert for the early dinner he’s planning to treat Donghyuk. Good food will always make Donghyuk happy and Chanwoo will make sure Donghyuk won’t feel anything short of that.

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

 

2. Junhwe

 

Junhwe stretches his neck from left to the right. He places a hand on it right after, massaging tired and sore muscles from his bad sleeping position during the flight.

 

Someone walks past him, and he glances to see Yunhyeong-hyung trying to catch up with Donghyuk at the front. The hyung succeeds and wraps his fingers around Donghyuk’s arm, earning the other’s attention who was previously busy with his phone.

 

Junhwe sighs to himself.

 

It’s been two and a half weeks since he and Donghyuk last had a decent conversation. It all started with a movie they watched when Hanbin’s out in the studio working again. It’s not actually the movie that’s the problem though. It’s something that was said after the movie that caused them to exchange a few not-so-friendly insults, which in turn caused the two of them to retreat to their favorite hyungs’ rooms, and start the silent treatment after.

 

Jinhwan-hyung scolded him 4 days ago to fix his “mess” with Donghyuk asap. Bobby had even approached him the day after that for the same purpose, when normally he would just let Donghyuk handle his own problems. Junhwe had felt inclined to be disappointed that they went to him as if he’s the one at fault; it's not as if Donghyuk's always innocent. But then he'd remembered it’s usually his fault whenever he and his same-aged friend argue, most likely due to a crude remark that was funny for him but not to Donghyuk. (which goes back all the way to that movie night).

 

If someone asks Junhwe if he’s tired of the silent treatment, he’ll answer yes. He’s actually been dying to get this awkward and unpleasant thing out of the way even before the two hyungs had approached him. He wants to go back to comfortably teasing Donghyuk, to having conversations about music and other stuff, and back to making him smile and laugh.

 

But the thing is, saying “sorry” is never a thing between him and Donghyuk. It’s always the silent treatment after the fight, then they’d just wake up one day and one of them would be back to normal and the other would just understand instantly. No words are needed for the two of them to forgive each other. They seldom talk about their thoughts and feelings too.

 

But again, they were just teenaged kids during those times. Kids can become mortal enemies and best friends every other day. Now that they’re adults, perhaps the way they approach their arguments should change too. Even though for Junhwe, there isn’t really a need for it. He and Donghyuk aren’t the conventional type of friends to begin with.

 

“Watch your step.”

 

He blinks out of his thoughts, not realizing the group is already out of the airport and about to cross the street. He’s the one at the front now, with one of their bodyguards gently pushing him to step back a bit. At the other side of the road, he sees Chanwoo, Bobby, Hanbin and Yunhyeong waiting for them. He wonders where Donghyuk is.

 

And then, as if hearing the question in his head, he feels a soft bump on his shoulder and hands resting on his waist. He stills for a moment, taking note of the noise of camera shutters around them, until he takes in a whiff of a familiar perfume scent. It’s the one he gave Donghyuk three weeks ago with the excuse that he bought the wrong perfume. He didn’t realize Donghyuk had worn it today.

 

Junhwe inwardly cheers. It could only mean one thing.

 

Glancing to his left and ignoring the soreness of his neck muscles, his eyes meet Donghyuk’s from the small gap underneath his sunglasses. Like always, words are not needed. As they hold that eye contact for more than a moment, Junhwe knows it’s fine now. They’re okay once again. He'd like to give the other a hug as some sort of confirmation, but that will have to wait when there aren't any camera lenses on standby.

 

Ah, but to really make sure, he’ll still say sorry with his own words later. Maybe they can do another movie night and Junhwe would do his best to keep his mouth shut.

 

He grins at himself underneath his facemask. He can’t wait to tell Donghyuk about it.

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

 

3. Hanbin

 

Hanbin dislikes airports.

 

He dislikes traveling in an airplane too, regardless if the seats bought by YGE are business class or not. But what he especially dislikes is an early morning flight schedule, at a time when he’d just be getting out of the studio after his usual overnight work. He knows he can't blame anyone for it but himself, though. No one told him to work at night but still. When a fourth of his life is spent in airports, he’s bound to be bitter about it.

 

He can barely keep his eyes opened as he steps out of the car. He ignores the familiar sound of fansite cameras, lets himself be pulled by either their managers or bodyguards, and suddenly he’s walking inside the airport. The lights shouldn't be blinding but at that moment, they are. The sound of hurried footsteps that shouldn't normally bother him becomes a small annoyance as well.

 

Thank God for hoodies and face masks.

 

Then he makes a wrong calculation in his step. He knows he’s going to stumble but his sleepy head and his tired reflexes refuse to keep him steady. No matter. One of their managers will just catch him, anyway.

 

It’s not a manager or a bodyguard who catches him, though.

 

“Hyung, it’s okay. I got you.”

 

Hanbin blinks. Donghyuk’s voice is as calming as the way he’s steadied up by his dongsaeng’s gentle hands. Someone holds him too from his other side; one of their managers as he can see, but Hanbin focuses on Donghyuk.

 

“Just a little more and you can sleep again, okay?”

 

He knows Donghyuk doesn’t need an answer from him, but Hanbin still nods. He feels someone pat him comfortingly on his back - Donghyuk again, definitely, and the unease he feels starts to ebb away to give way for trust and relief.

 

Later when the plane has taken off and they’re all allowed to take off the seatbelt, Hanbin sighs and rests his head on Donghyuk’s shoulder, snuggling as close as he could to him. He hears a soft chuckle and an equally soft whisper of “sleep well, hyung”, before his senses start to shut off for the much-needed sleep.

 

He will still dislike airports, airplanes, and air travels but with Donghyuk by his side, he can at least send those thoughts away and be at peace for a short while.

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

 

4. Bobby

 

He laughs out loud when as soon as the Vlive broadcast is done, Donghyuk kicks him off the bed. Or at least attempt to. His dongsaeng’s senses are still sleepy so the kick isn’t strong enough to get him out of the bed. Instead, Bobby ends up laughing up to the ceiling as his back meets the hotel sheets.

 

“ you, hyung.”

 

There goes the rare cursing when Donghyuk is really annoyed. Bobby laughs more.

 

Their manager tells him to keep his voice down and to get back to his room soon. The man also has the decency to apologize to Donghyuk, earning him a long-suffering sigh and a nod, before leaving the two of them alone.

 

Donghyuk makes a move to kick him again but Bobby is fast enough to stop him, holding his leg in the process. He whines and lays down on the sheets too, a heavy frown on his face.

 

“Ugh. Seriously, do you think this is funny? It’s 3-freaking-AM! We have a sched at 8!”

 

“Well, except for you everyone thinks this is funny. You exist to make everyone happy, right?”

 

Bobby makes a move to run his fingers through his dongsaeng’s unruly hair strands, but Donghyuk slaps his hand away and pushes his back towards the wall. A pillow is grabbed to cover his face.

 

“Go away.” There’s a pause, then Donghyuk peeks at him from behind the pillow. He’s glaring but because the overall image is adorable, Bobby doesn’t feel any threat. He grins so Donghyuk groans and kicks his shin.

 

“I’m getting revenge for this. I’m serious.”

 

He chuckles. “Okay.”

 

“I’m not joking!”

 

“Sure, sure. Do your worst.”

 

There’s a curse that's muffled before Donghyuk covers his face with the pillow once again. Bobby watches him for a moment, taking a second to ask himself why he takes so much amusement in riling Donghyuk up. Now that the prank is done and the humorous atmosphere is dwindling, he realizes what he just did is almost out of line, maybe even disrespectful if done to other people.

 

He gulps. Should he seriously apologize now? What if Donghyuk really is upset this time?

 

The he hears a soft giggle. Bobby blinks as Donghyuk peeks at him from the pillow again, this time no glare is present.

 

“What if next time you do the same to June? It’ll be funny to watch your awkward attempt and his awkward reaction.”

 

Know what? Donghyuk can just forget getting an apology from him.

 

Still, he's relieved to know his dongsaeng isn’t really mad in the first place. He laughs instead of grimacing and tells Donghyuk the usual line - that he and Junhwe are not awkward any longer. Thankfully Donghyuk doesn’t push.

 

“Don’t do this again, hyung.” There’s a pleading hint in Donghyuk’s sleepy voice.

 

“I won’t.” Bobby smiles. “You know I love you, right?”

 

Donghyuk narrows his eyes at him then covers his face yet again. Bobby doesn’t mind. The no-answer is already an answer in itself.

 

“Can I sleep here?”

 

He hears a soft, muffled groan, before an attempt to kick him out of the bed is made again. This time, it's successful. Bobby laughs as he rolls on the carpeted floor.

 

“I’ll call our manager if you don’t get out now!”

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

 

5. Yunhyeong

 

“Woah look, hyung. Those snacks look tasty.”

 

Yunhyeong playfully rolls his eyes. No more than 3 minutes had even passed and Donghyuk is already spotting market snack food.

 

“Hey, concentrate on the task.” he reminds, winking at the Go Pro cam he’s holding up with a selfie stick. Donghyuk gives out a sheepish smile, instinctively looping an arm with his.

 

The task is simple: go through parts of the Jeju market in pairs, decide the dish they’ll be cooking for dinner, and buy the needed ingredients. Yunhyeong had immediately pulled Donghyuk to him the moment the staff’s done explaining the task to them. Not that he didn’t want to group up with his other members but of the six, Donghyuk is one of the two he trusts the most to cooperate with him. Jinhwan is a good choice too but the mat-hyung had quickly paired up with Chanwoo, leaving the three most useless members together. (Hanbin, Bobby and June will be a mess for sure, but he wouldn’t be surprised if most of the screen time will go to them).

 

“Now you’re the one not concentrating.” Donghyuk remarks amusedly, taking Yunhyeong out of his thoughts. Of course, Yunhyeong denies.

 

“I am concentrating. I’m trying to decide the dish we’ll cook.”

 

“What do you feel like cooking anyway?” Donghyuk points him to an auntie selling meat. They stop for a moment to look.

 

“I don’t know… something simple but impactful?”

 

“You can’t really give an impact with a simple dish…”

 

“You can. You just have to make it really delicious.”

 

Donghyuk doesn’t answer. Is he looking for snacks again? But then, they pass by another stall selling kimchi and his dongsaeng is suddenly hopping in his steps in excitement.

 

“I know! Why don’t we make kimchi fried rice? It’s a simple dish but if it’s you, it’ll definitely be delicious.”

 

It’s not a bad idea, Yunhyeong has to admit. He’s actually thinking of a soup dish but now that kimchi fried rice is mentioned, he thinks it'd be more beneficial to go with something that's more convenient to do. Besides, Donghyuk’s confidence in his version of kimchi fried rice is making him feel confident as well.

 

“Let’s go with that, then! We’ll add lots of cheese and an omelet on top!”

 

“Wah, as expected of Song Chef!” Donghyuk grins as he asks the store lady for a portion of the kimchi that was displayed. “I’m sure you’ll succeed impressing the girls with your cooking skills.”

 

The latter statement caused Yunhyeong to blush. Donghyuk gives the camera a knowing look.

 

“W-What? I’m not particularly planning to impress the girls!”

 

“Come on, hyung. I know you’re still bitter with the first day scores.”

 

“I’m not!” Yunhyeong drags his laughing dongsaeng out of the stall before smacking him on the arm. “If I know, you’re the one who’s been wanting to impress at least two of them.”

 

He waits for Donghyuk to flush up, pout and cutely whine like how he usually does. But his dongsaeng just shrugs and smirks, suddenly reminding Yunhyeong that Donghyuk has matured in some ways and isn’t so easily teased now.

 

“Not really. I’m satisfied just seeing them enjoying this experience.”

 

Yunhyeong opens his mouth to retort but is cut off when Donghyuk shows him the plastic bag with the kimchi. He sighs at the other’s aegyo-ish comment of buying the rest of the ingredients.

 

Fine. Let’s just say I do want to impress. I’ll just think that way since my pride as iKON’s best cook is in line here.”

 

Donghyuk pats him on the back proudly. “That’s the spirit! I’ll do my best to assist.”

 

“Oh, I know you will.” Yunhyeong smiles. “Why do you think I quickly snatched you up? You’re the best assistant anyone could ask for!”

 

Donghyuk laughs again then pulls him towards a stall selling frozen goods.

 

That night, their kimchi fried rice turns out to be the best out of all the dishes presented for dinner (including the ones from the girls). Their temporary Japanese classmates keep on complimenting it and everytime an “Oishi!” or “Mashisoyo!” is spoken, Donghyuk slips him a wink and a proud smile.

 

And seeing that makes Yunhyeong feel proud as well. Whether he ends up impressing the girls or not, he doesn’t really care. Donghyuk’s approval and confidence in him still holds more weight more than anything else.

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

 

6. Jinhwan

 

He maintains a smile on his face as he swipes through thousands of comments under the Vlive he just finished broadcasting. A lot of them are complimenting his room and his looks so he feels proud. It’s also heartwarming to see many messages such as “I miss iKON” and “We’re waiting for you”.

 

It’s heartwarming to see comments about Donghyuk as well. Despite his dongsaeng’s participation being an impromptu one, their interaction and Donghyuk’s own presence seems to have entertained everyone so much. There are lots of “Donghyuk is cute” in the comments, calling him “baby” and “angel” among other english and korean pet names. It’s cute how iKONICS are especially soft for Donghyuk since the same can be said for the iKON members as well.

 

Speaking of the group’s “baby” and “angel”, Jinhwan remembers that food is set to be delivered any time now. Donghyuk would surely knock on his door again when chicken arrives (he knows Donghyuk will choose chicken over beef tripes just because he’s obsessed with chicken) but since he’s feeling extra good today, he decides to wait for the delivery with Donghyuk.

 

“Hyung!” Donghyuk remarks with surprise as soon as he steps into the kitchen area. As expected, it’s only Donghyuk there. Bobby and June are surely lounging in their own rooms and would only go out when the food’s arrived.

 

Donghyuk rests his phone on the table for a moment. “What are you doing here?”

 

“What kind of question is that?” Jinhwan chuckles. He goes straight to the fridge to take out two bottles of carbonated water, passing one to the other male as he sits across him. “Do I have to have a reason to sit together with my dongsaeng?”

 

“Well, you usually just wait in your room until the delivery’s here.” Donghyuk playfully sticks out his tongue and twists the cap of the drink. Jinhwan pretends to be offended.

 

“Do you want me to go back to my room, then?”

 

“What? No, of course not. Just saying.” the other male laughs, taking a sip of the water right after. “I do appreciate you waiting with me here, hyung.”

 

“That’s good, since I decided to be especially affectionate to you right now.”

 

Donghyuk laughs again. “Are we continuing our skit earlier? About me craving for the mat-hyung’s love?”

 

“Is that really just a skit? The way you hugged me says otherwise.”

 

“And the way you’re flirting with me right now isn’t really helping with showing affection.”

 

Donghyuk smirks and Jinhwan blinks, surprised at the difference between this current Donghyuk and the cute Donghyuk that appeared in his Vlive earlier. Then he remembers that Donghyuk’s always been like that. Cute in one moment, then “dangerous” in the next one. So very similar with the way his dongsaeng performed at the Jeju fashion show earlier in the evening. An adorable smile against a dark y image - traits that seem to be naturally engraved with Donghyuk and is steadily being mastered as time passes by.

 

Somehow, Jinhwan feels proud. Maybe because he’s been aiming to reconcile those two contrasting images with himself too.

 

“You’re good. Just a bit more and we can be the two fairies in iKON who can kill fans with a stare and a smirk.”

 

“Isn’t Yunhyeong-hyung more appropriate to be a fairy than me?”

 

“But can he kill fans with a smirk and a stare?”

 

Donghyuk chuckles and proceeds to play with the water bottle. “Yunhyeong-hyung will complain if he’s here.”

 

“Psh. He can survive with a diss or two.”

 

That made Donghyuk chuckle harder. They’re interrupted at the sound of the doorbell ringing. Jinhwan watches as Donghyuk reverts to his other side - his cute side, in which he excitedly balls his fists with a cutesy “it’s here!” escaping his heart-shaped smile. Jinhwan can’t help but grin widely at the display. So cute.

 

“Finally! Let’s dig in!” Donghyuk announces as he enters the kitchen again, placing two boxes on the table. Jinhwan raises an eyebrow at that. Not only at the two boxes but at the fact that Donghyuk didn’t call the other two guys living with them.

 

“Did you order two boxes of chicken?” he asks as he pulls one of the boxes to see for himself. His question is answered when he sees beef tripes upon opening the lid.

 

“Hyung likes beef tripes better than chicken, right?” the other male says with a sunny smile.

 

Indeed. Jinhwan feels his heart melt a bit. “And why didn’t you call Bobby and June?”

 

This time, the smile transforms into a fan-killing smirk. “You did say you want to be affectionate with me. You won’t need two more people for that.”

 

This time, Jinhwan’s heart skips and drums fast instead of just simply melting. He whistles and shakes his head in amazement. Donghyuk laughs.

 

“Was that good, hyung?”

 

“Keep going like that and you’ll put your fans in despair and confusion.”

 

Donghyuk snickers. “Good! It’ll be my revenge for their bullying.”

 

Jinhwan’s about to ask what he’s talking about when Donghyuk says they should eat now. He lets the other say a short prayer, swiftly taking a piece of beef to bite after that, so the younger can finally eat.

 

Donghyuk picks up one chicken piece with his chopsticks and happily bites into it. Jinhwan smiles warmly as he takes a piece of tissue, reaching over to wipe some onion cream sauce at the side of Donghyuk’s lips. His dongsaeng blushes cutely at that, making Jinhwan’s heart melt again. He forks up a big piece of beef tripe and feeds it to his dongsaeng.

 

“Donghyuk-ah! Is the food here now?”

 

“Donggu, I heard the doorbell. It’s the delivery isn’t it?”

 

They both turn to see June and Bobby standing by the kitchen entryway. The other two gasp at them as if betrayed.

 

“I’m having a date with Dongdong. Give us a few more minutes.” Jinhwan says before either Bobby or June can comment. He shoos them with a wave of his chopsticks.

 

Donghyuk grins. “We’ll set aside chicken and beef tripe for you two, don’t worry.”

 

They both laugh when the other two starts grumbling about cold food and being ignored.

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

 

7. Everyone

 

Donghyuk almost jumps from his bed when the door to his room burst open to reveal s entering one by one, all of them singing the Birthday song obnoxiously.

 

Saengil chukahamnida~! Saengil chukahamnida~! Saranghaneun Donghyukie~! Saengil chukahamnida~!”

 

June belts out the last note of the song while the rest cheers loudly, not caring that they might disturb their neighbors again.

 

Donghyuk is still surprised.

 

“What’s happening…” he laughs to himself. “You guys already greeted me at midnight! We even ate cake and took a picture!”

 

Yunhyeong grins and sits himself on his bed. “This is the main event! Midnight is just the intro.”

 

“Right. So here it is.” Jinhwan cuts in, sharing a knowing glance around, so everyone takes out wrapped presents Donghyuk didn’t notice at first.

 

“Happy birthday!”

 

He looks on in wonder, shocked that they’re presenting gifts to him for his birthday. There’s only one time he’s given a present by s. That was during his first year in YG and those gifts weren’t even wrapped in colorful paper and decorated with ribbons. He wonders the reason behind this sudden change.

 

“Oh, look at his face.”

 

“He’s wondering why we’re giving him presents.”

 

“Tell him it’s a prank.”

 

“I can hear you, you know.” Donghyuk rolls his eyes at Bobby, Chanwoo and June. Hanbin mutters an “Aish!” then steps in front of him to give him a blue-wrapped rectangular box.

 

“Here. This is a present from one of us, Donghyukie.”

 

Donghyuk raises an eyebrow. “Not from you?”

 

“No.” the leader smirks. “That’s the fun part. We shuffled the gifts among us. The game is to guess which person they’re from.”

 

Donghyuk releases a silent scoff and shakes his head. He knew there’s a catch to this sudden birthday gift-giving. s say they’ll do anything he wants for the whole day if he guesses everything right. If he fails, he’ll dance a girl group song and they’ll record it for their fans.

 

“It’s my birthday and you still want to bully me.” he remarks, pouting at all of them. “You know what? Give me all of it. I’ll unwrap everything then I’ll guess one by one.”

 

s do as they were told, not suspecting anything and looking confident that he’ll lose. They’re underestimating him if that’s the case. Isn’t it enough that he almost always wins any game related to iKON member trivia?

 

He opens each gift swiftly and carefully. There’s a pair of pants, 3 pairs of high-fashion socks, a cap, a Supreme shirt that he swears he already saw in one of the member’s closet, a light jacket, and 3 pairs of white briefs.

 

Donghyuk wants to laugh. Everything’s so obvious (especially the freaking white briefs).

 

“The socks are from Yunhyeong-hyung.” he starts confidently. Said hyung yelps softly as if caught in a crime. “The light jacket’s from Jinhwan-hyung. Chanwoo gifted the cap, the Supreme shirt’s from Bobby-hyung’s closet, the pair of pants is from Junhwe, and of course, the briefs are from Hanbin-hyung.”

 

He gives each member a glance and a smile. “Am I right?”

 

He’s answered with groans of disappointment and remarks of regret.

 

“I knew this will flop.”

 

“I told you guys he’ll guess everything right.”

 

“I really should have bought a new shirt.”

 

“If you didn’t forget the plan, you would have.”

 

“In my defense, June’s the one who insisted I get Donghyukie white briefs.”

 

“Yeah? If you didn’t think it’s a good idea, you wouldn’t have done it.”

 

God. What did he do to get stuck with these dorks?

 

He loves them very much, though.

 

Everyone’s surely staring at him now that he’s laughing like he heard the greatest joke in history. He collapses on his bed, arms around his stomach as he giggles into his pillow. No one’s saying anything and just lets him be, though he can see they look quite ashamed.

 

“Y-You don’t have to laugh like that…” June mumbles, a scowl on his lips.

 

“Sorry. I can’t really help it when I got everything correct so easily.” He lets out a breath to calm himself. “Any concept behind these items?”

 

s exchanged looks again.

 

“Not really. We just thought giving you a full set of clothes is good, since you bought us all shirts during your Real Life Vlive.” Jinhwan answers sheepishly.

 

Ah, Donghyuk didn’t expect that. He feels a comforting warmth spread through his body.

 

Bobby sighs and scratches his cheek. “Okay, then. Since you won, what will you have us do first?”

 

“Hmm… let’s see…” He crosses his arms and pretends to think hard.

 

There’s a bunch of things Donghyuk would want to make them do. A whole day of yaja time with Bobby, for example. Have Chanwoo clean the first floor dorm. Order Yunhyeong to stop using Nivea for a whole day and give him penalty if he does. Make Jinhwan wear all the cutesy clothes in their closets. Send Hanbin to menial errands like buying him coffee. Get June to act like a cute, clingy 2-month-gap dongsaeng to him.

 

Very tempting, all of it.

 

But he’s taught that giving is better than receiving, and he has believed that wholeheartedly. Besides, he already received enough. Smiling, Donghyuk sits up straight and opens his arms.

 

“Just go here one by one and let me give my precious members hugs. We’re good after that.”

 

Silence.

 

Their reactions are mixed. Some are obviously touched, some are denying being touched with “The hell’s that?” and “Stop being a saint for once!”. Either way, his intention to give them hugs turns into a messy pile of limbs on his bed, all of them trying to get to give him a hug instead.

 

Donghyuk just laughs as love fills up his heart even more. Happy birthday to him, indeed.

 

.

.

.


 


 

Notes:

Chanwoo - he and Dong had a baseball game date ^^

Junhwe - Dong rested his chin on June's shoulder during one of their airport arrivals from overseas T^T (spazzed so hard for the rare JunDong moment)

Hanbin - Everyone should know that Hanbin's seen at least two times sleep-walking in the airport. Dong had helped during those times.

Bobby - the infamous 3(?) 2(?) AM prank in Japan. I was honestly annoyed with Bobby for it, but I'm over it now, so... haha XD

Yunhyeong - I honestly had a hard time with YunDong. For some reason I can't think of a significant moment for them so I just used their pair task during Idol School Trip. (Spoilers to those who still haven't watched it yet!)

Jinhwan - DongHwan's so cute during Jinhwan's recent solo Vlive for his "new" room so I made an after-fic for it. hehe

Everyone - it's based on Dong's Real Life Vlive on CH+ where he shopped clothes for all s and their managers. What a generous heart!