Random Mix: JunDong 2

Half Past Eleven [MINOR REVISIONS]

 

I didn't expect the reception the 1st Random Mix got.

Well, since you guys have spoken, I'm giving you more of scenarios Drunk, Fanboy and Business. Thankfully, Drunk and Business do have more snippets. As for Fanboy, I expanded on the few lines I've written already. This is most probably the last time you'll read of all 3 of them, though. XD

Added two more WIPs too. As bonuses ♥

As usual, please excuse the errors and let me know what you think :)

 


 

 

1. Drunk 2

 

Donghyuk inwardly groaned when he sees his hyungs marching towards his table during lunch hours. Impressively, they all look like they didn’t drink their butts off last night.

 

“Yo.” Bobby greets as he sits himself in front of him. Hanbin and Yunhyeong chose to sit on his side while Jinhwan goes to Bobby’s.

 

“Glad to see you’re all decent today.” he comments before sipping from his iced tea, absentmindedly bookmarking the page he’s been reading in his Physics textbook.

 

Hanbin groans to himself. “Not really. My head still hurts and I don’t remember . Please tell me I didn’t do anything embarrassing.”

 

“You cried over Slam Dunk and clung to Bobby-hyung until you both passed out.”

 

“I knew it!” Bobby dramatically slams a hand on the table. Jinhwan snorts while Hanbin gapes at the revelation. “Stop accusing me of clinging to you, Hanbin-ah!”

 

“In my defense, you didn’t push me away!”

 

“Oh, stop it. It’s not like you hated it.” Yunhyeong cuts in, ignoring the stammering of the two as he wraps an arm around Donghyuk’s shoulder. “Chanwoo told me I kept bothering you last night. Sorry about that Dongie.”

 

“As long as there’s no repeat of last night’s mess.”

 

“Dongie’s irritated today.”

 

That made Donghyuk sigh tiredly. “The next time you guys pull me out of my dance practice, at least make sure you won’t pass out from alcohol and leave me and Chanwoo to worry. Seriously, last night’s the worst.”

 

All the hyungs winced at that and for a moment, Donghyuk felt satisfied. Jinhwan scratches his cheek and gives him a guilty look.

 

“Sorry about that Donghyuk-ah. I should’ve remained sober since I’m the eldest here.”

 

“That’s okay Jinhwan-hyung. Last night was just a one-time thing for you, unlike some people.”

 

“Ouch. Our Donghyukie’s harsh.” Hanbin pouts at him then pulls out a sandwich from his bag. “I want my cute dongsaeng back.”

 

“He won’t be back for another day.”

 

Bobby winces again while Yunhyeong hugs him, puckering his lips as if to ask for a kiss. Donghyuk makes a face and shrugs off his hyung’s arms from him.

 

Of course, that’s the time Chanwoo and Junhwe chooses to show up. Chanwoo greets him with a raised hand while Junhwe follows behind, hands on his pockets and face scowling.

 

Donghyuk suddenly feels nervous and afraid. What if Junhwe remembers?

 

“So you didn’t stay over last night, hyung?” Chanwoo asks in curiosity as he slides on Bobby’s free side. Junhwe, as usual, sits beside Jinhwan.

 

Never mind that last detail that he shouldn’t have taken note of but still did, Donghyuk wants to glare at Chanwoo because of all the things he could have asked, he asks that. It only further reminds him of what happened.

 

“Yeah. I changed my mind. I like my bed better.” he hopes his poker face is convincing.

 

But the heavens still wants to torture him because Bobby grins and speaks too.

 

“Yet you still cleaned our trash, right? The boxes were all neatly stacked by the door except for a few ones under the table. You’re really kind.”

 

Donghyuk sees Junhwe lift his head up towards him so he starts packing his things, making sure he doesn’t look like he’s panicking despite his mock hurry.

 

“No prob, hyung. I need to catch up on practice so I have to go now--

 

“Donghyuk, wait.” Junhwe suddenly called.

 

His body stops moving before he could even tell himself to ignore Junhwe. As he glances back at his best friend, he internally pleads for the other to not remember. The anticipating looks being thrown at them by their friends don’t help.

 

Junhwe shifts his eyes a few times before speaking up.

 

“Did I do or say something last night?”

 

So he remembers.

 

Don’t panic yet, Donghyuk tells himself. It’s a question; meaning, Junhwe might not recall everything. Maybe he isn’t sure and is thinking whatever it is that he remembers is just an alcohol-induced dream.

 

There are two ways Donghyuk can play this off. He could tell the truth and make it seem like Junhwe was so drunk he’s kissing people and not just him. The other is to keep silent about the kiss and the other thing. He’ll be suffering alone but at least everyone will move on with their day and Junhwe can go back to ignoring him.

 

“No. You just passed out like the rest.”

 

He doesn’t miss the hardened look Junhwe throws at him after he says those words. Oh, did he catch him lying?

 

Could be. After all, they are (were) best friends. If there’s someone who can see through his mask, it’d be Junhwe.

 

“I’m not gonna tell, don’t worry.” he says in his head, sending the message with a smile to Junhwe. “You only did those things because you’re drunk anyway.”

 

Junhwe hardens his look even more. Donghyuk feels his jaw clench.

 

“Gotta go now. See you guys around.” he says as he hooks his bag on his shoulder before standing up.

 

As he steps out of their booth, Bobby tells him about texting him later. The others bid him goodbye so he waves his hand with a small grin before turning his back to walk away.

 

He tells himself not to think too much of the burning gaze he can feel on him; to ignore the answer sent through it.

 

“You’re wrong.”

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

 

2. Fanboy 2

 

Donghyuk should control his expressions in public but he can’t help it. How can he do any less than smile widely when he sees his new best friend sitting among the fansign winners?

 

He waves his hand directly at Junhwe. Instantly, there are numerous camera flashes around. The girl beside Junhwe takes a couple of shots too, giggling at herself as if she’s the one he waved his hand to. He appreciates her giddiness, of course, but he’ll like it better if Junhwe smiles back at him.

 

But Junhwe doesn’t react. They had eye contact yet the taller male just averts his gaze away and chooses to play with the album he’s holding instead. Is he shy? He’s probably shy. That’s to be expected. After all, he’s one of the 3 male fans there.

 

Ah, but still. It wouldn't hurt for Junhwe to at least nod, right? He can even smirk if he wants. Donghyuk actually likes his smirks a little bit more than his smiles, especially the one that’s a half-smile half-smirk sort of thing that Junhwe does when he’s really amused.

 

This time, Donghyuk tells himself to really control his expressions. He can feel himself grinning without a prompt around him and the last he’d want is to be thought of as weird by his fans.

 

Jinhwan-hyung goes to his side to whisper that the fansign is going to officially start, so he nods and stands from his seat, walking to the front of the table to give a short welcome speech for his fans. Screams erupt from both around the small stage and from the upper floors of the mall. Cameras are flashing once again.

 

And then the actual fansign. One by one, the winners come up the small stage to get his autograph and chat with him for a bit. There’s a hundred people this time and if his estimate is correct, Junhwe’s probably number 70 or 80-ish. Quite a way to go before he could talk to Junhwe.

 

His fans doesn’t deserve half-hearted attention though, so he forgets about Junhwe for the meantime and makes sure he fully gives bits of his time to each of them. Fortunately, time seems to fly faster when he’s concentrating like that, so he didn’t realize Junhwe’s already the one waiting at the line.

 

He doesn’t stop his grin as he waits for Junhwe to come up the platform. He stands up and pulls him into a bro-hug, chuckling at Junhwe’s surprised expression.

 

“I’m so glad you could make it!” he whispers before sitting again. “Now my day’s complete!”

 

He doesn’t notice how Junhwe blushes at his latter comment. He hears the other clear his throat though, so he looks up again from signing his autograph.

 

“Yeah, umm… thanks for the fansign number. I feel kinda bad for the others since I got it for free, but I really appreciate it.” Junhwe clears his throat again and finally smiles. “Sorry. Just really nervous.”

 

Donghyuk has this urge to pull the taller male into a hug again, but he resists. Is that the real reason why Junhwe seems so stiff earlier? Because he’s nervous?

 

Why is this person so…

 

“Cute.”

 

“...P-Pardon…?”

 

“I said it’s cute. Your bracelet.” he goes back to writing a small note on the album because otherwise, the red he’s sure is present on his cheeks will be shown. Why is he even making excuses about what he said?

 

“Oh. Thanks.” He peeks to see Junhwe doing that half-smile half-smirk. “Got this from an accessory shop near the campus.”

 

He swallows down a lump that formed in his throat.

 

“I want one too. Same design and color.” he blurts.

 

“E-Eh?”

 

“That way, we’ll have matching ones.”

 

This time, he doesn’t care that he’s blushing as he fully looks up to face Junhwe. He sees the other male open his mouth in surprise, a few tints of pink appearing on his face as well, before he stutters a reply.

 

“O-Okay. I’ll buy one for you…”

 

Jinhwan-hyung chooses that moment to interrupt, reminding him that there are still about 15 people waiting for their turn. He nods at his manager, telling himself not to appear so excited about receiving a matching bracelet.

 

He adds a smiley face beside his signature. “Let's meet at the park tomorrow night. I hope you’re free?”

 

Junhwe gives him another stupefied look. “Are you kidding? Of course I’m always free. I mean, I’ll be free. I’ll be there.”

 

“Cool!” Donghyuk grins and returns his album to Junhwe. Then he whispers “see you tomorrow” as he lifts his hand for a high-five.

 

Junhwe grins in return and high-fives him back. He watches Junhwe walk down the platform and for a moment, he suddenly feels lonely. He can’t wait for tomorrow night to come.

 

“Your female fans will complain again of special treatment~” Jinhwan-hyung amusedly whispers to him as the next person walks up the mini stage. He shrugs and doesn’t answer, not feeling bad about the “special treatment”.

 

After all, it’s not with any other fan. It’s with Junhwe.

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

3. Business 2

 

“Hey…”

 

A tug on the sleeves of the coat.

 

“Are you going to keep quiet the whole time?”

 

An adjustment of a pin near the collar.

 

“Donghyuk-hyungnim.”

 

A hand stopping on the lapels.

 

Junhwe smirks as his employer looks up at him, a small glare in place.

 

“You’re noisy.” Donghyuk finally speaks. His hands on the lapels of his coat run down to the coat skirt, fingers smoothing on the edges as if to see if the lining is perfectly done. “Be a good boy and do your job well.”

 

“I am doing my job well. I let you check me out.” He’s doing a provocation at this point but Junhwe’s willing to do anything to get more of the designer’s attention.

 

Donghyuk regards him with a small glare again.“I’m not checking you out. I’m using your body frame to do my designs.”

 

“Right.” he nods with another smirk, then opens up the topic he’s been dying to discuss; the same one they're trying to avoid because it’s easier. More convenient.

 

“Can you say the same about Tuesday night?”

 

Unfortunately for Donghyuk, Junhwe’s done with convenient and easy.

 

Donghyuk stops moving altogether as soon as he uttered “Tuesday”, head lowered a bit and hands tensed on the ends of his coat. It’s just a moment of catching the young CEO off-guard but for Junhwe, it feels like he has nothing to lose.

 

His eyes drink everything. From the way those lips are half-parted as if a lie is about to be spoken, the way those lean shoulders are hunched up in both defense and fragility, to the way those eyes contradict the lie that’s about to be said, Junhwe feels this ache - the kind of ache that makes his heart and body tremble because he wants this person so damn much, wants to be the one to make him smile and laugh and live, and yet…

 

“I can’t stop thinking about you.” he says almost breathlessly, grabbing into the last of his courage to take Donghyuk’s designer hands and hold them tightly in his. “You told me to forget that night but I can’t. I really can’t. Please don’t lie again and say that it was nothing to you.”

 

He sees Donghyuk grit his teeth; feels his attempt to twist his hands out of his grip but Junhwe doesn’t let go.

 

“June…”

 

“What are you so afraid of, Donghyuk?” he steps forward, gently pulling the smaller male closer. “You said emotions are important in your job so you should know. I’m serious. I’m not playing around.”

 

“I know.” Donghyuk chokes out, lowering his head more to avoid his gaze. “But you don’t understand. I--”

 

A ring suddenly interrupts them. They both look towards the desk to see Donghyuk’s phone screen lighting up for a call. The lack of a caller id picture can only mean one thing.

 

Donghyuk makes a move to pull away from him but Junhwe grabs him back, making the designer gasp. Junhwe resists his frustrations from boiling up.

 

“Don’t.” It’s Bobby calling. It’s ing Bobby again and he won’t let that man confuse Donghyuk any further.

 

“I’m here.” he continues, finally letting go of Donghyuk’s hands so he could cup his face. “I’m the one in front of you. Look at me for once. Please.”

 

He watches in half-fear. When Donghyuk sighs deeply and shifts his gaze back to meet his eyes, he releases a breath he didn’t realize he’s been holding.

 

“I am looking at you.” Donghyuk raises both his hands to take his. “I see you, June. More than you’re even aware of.”

 

Donghyuk’s phone keeps on ringing but for the first time since those calls from the past had started, Donghyuk keeps his ground and chooses him.

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

 

4. Fanfiction

 

Fanfiction was something iKON is aware but chose not to delve into. Junhwe suspects some of them actually read those but he himself doesn't see any reason why he should.

 

Yet he finds himself one night, bored out of his wits, opening a popular Korean fanfiction site in his iPad and scanning the tag for iKON.

 

The original plan was to criticize each work and laugh at all the inconsistencies and misinterpretations their fans would have done in their work. That was what happened in the first few fics he read. He laughed at how they portrayed Jinhwan to be the "bottom", corrected the fictional details about Bobby's eating habits, and frowned at how sassy and self-centered he was portrayed on some. He knows he's not a regularly empathic person, but he's not an either.

 

Then he made the mistake of choosing a particularly long-chaptered fanfiction of him and Donghyuk. That's when things started getting weird.

 

Maybe it’s because of the superb writing skills (Junhwe thinks the author should pursue a professional career in novel writing instead of wasting his or her talent on fanfiction), or maybe it’s the fact that the way he and Donghyuk were portrayed was so spot on. By the time he finished the latest chapter, he’s already searching YouTube videos and Instagram clips of him and Donghyuk interacting just to see if he's indeed acting like "that" when it comes to him.

 

Turns out he was. And if he uses the freaking fanfiction as a basis, it would mean he's in love with Donghyuk but he just doesn't realize it. And that Donghyuk may have known but chose not to confront it because Junhwe's clueless.

 

He closes his iPad and proceeds to sleep instead. Nope, too much Internet for the day.

 

---

 

A week passed and Junhwe really regrets reading that damn fanfiction. Now everytime he and Donghyuk talk or even just be near each other, his brain would replay the words in his head like some background narration. It’s freaking annoying.

 

His brown eyes look up at him, bare and innocent, and Junhwe can somehow see the stars in the night sky that he loves to look at.

 

Okay, one, Junhwe doesn’t have a hobby of stargazing (but he does love the picture of stars at night). Two, Donghyuk doesn’t have brown eyes (but in the lighting they are at, they do seem to have a very dark brown shade). Three, Donghyuk’s eyes doesn’t look “bare and innocent” – whatever that means (they are really pretty, though).

 

He feels heat instantly rise from his stomach to his face.

 

“June?”

 

Looking away, he coughs into a fist and internally shouts at himself not to look back at Donghyuk. What were they talking about again? Was it his latest song cover with Jinhwan-hyung? Or was he asking if they could do one?

 

“You’re thinking of something else, aren’t you?” Donghyuk asks and June finds himself looking again, with Donghyuk’s bare and innocent – shut up!, eyes locking with his.

 

“I’m not.”

 

“You are.” Donghyuk laughs and Junhwe curses because his mind pulls out Chapter 12 of that damned fanfic where a similar scenario had occurred. Donghyuk would be offering to hear him out if they’re living in that freaking fanfiction.

 

“Whatever that is, you can tell me. I’ll listen.”

 

And Donghyuk does exactly that.

 

“I’m hungry. Let’s talk later.” He blurts out, ignoring the forming sweat on the base of his neck as he stands up from the couch where’s he’s sitting with Donghyuk. He sees Chanwoo about to go out of their waiting room so he jogs towards him before Donghyuk could do or say something.

 

“Woah. You came out of nowhere.” Chanwoo laughs as Junhwe places an arm around his shoulder. They step out of the room and turn towards the direction of SBS’ canteen, when Chanwoo pauses in his steps.

 

“You okay June-ya? You feel kinda hot.”

 

June just blushes further. “It’s nothing.”

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

5. Mafia

 

He stares at Yunhyeong and Chanwoo with a deadpan look, but the two just continues to pretend there isn’t anything peculiar about what they are doing.

 

Donhyuk sighs and closes his book. “Seriously? Even while reading, I still have to be watched over?”

 

Yunhyeong gives him a sheepish smile. “Sorry, Dong. It’s the boss’ orders. We may be close friends with Junhwe but when he orders us to do something as the boss, we have to obey no matter what.”

 

“Besides, the Black Lotus will still try to retaliate.” Chanwoo adds in. “Junhwe’s just worried you’ll be put in danger again.”

 

Okay. Donghyuk appreciates Junhwe’s concern but he feels like this is too much. He knows he’s been ordered by the doctor to stay in bed, but it’s not like he can’t walk or move to at least take himself to safety. In case.

 

“Danger? In the main estate?” he gives the two a wry smile. “Where more than two dozen loyal servants and Red Dahlia members are present?”

 

The Twins don’t seem fazed. They just share a glance and shrug, grinning in amusement for his comments.

 

“Well, you are no ordinary person for the boss. If someone so much as tries to touch you, regardless if they’re an enemy or not, they’ll be out.”

 

“And if something so much as scratches you, regardless of how expensive it is, it’ll be destroyed.”

 

The two men grins even more, as if knowing he won’t be able to retort because as exaggerated as it sounds, their observations as true.

 

And that begs the question. Why?

 

Is it because…

 

Okay, stop right there. Donghyuk shifts his gaze away, choosing not to voice out or even entertain the question more in his head. At least, not when there are two men watching over him who he’s sure are also sending hourly reports to Junhwe.

 

He opens his book and continues to read, hoping the warmth on his cheeks isn’t as obvious. The very amused smiles that refuse to die down from The Twins’ faces say otherwise.

 

.

.

.