Random Mix: JunDong

Half Past Eleven [MINOR REVISIONS]

 

I've been sorting out my JunDong WIP files since a few days ago and had decided to get rid off some. Below are a few of those that I felt would be a waste if I didn't post it here. They're snippets that I wrote down when I got the idea, and were forgotten immediately after. *sweatdrops*

Anyway, random JunDong scenarios in varying lengths and genres. Hope you enjoy each one of them ^^

EDIT: Trigger Warning [TW] for scenario no.2 Drunk. Just to be safe.

 


 

 

1. Souvenir

 

Junhwe stares at a blood red and raven black bracelet at the display. It’s a high fashion band and costs $168.

 

“You like it?” Hanbin asks, quirking a curious eyebrow as he walks to his side with a shopping bag full of Duty Free snacks.

 

“No.” Junhwe scowls a bit but still reaches towards the bracelet to inspect it closer. “But I know Donghyuk will like it.”

 

“So you’ll buy it for him?”

 

He shrugs. Hanbin smirks.

 

“And you say you aren’t in love with him.”

 

He tenses up, blushing deep red. There’s a reflex in him to put back the bracelet but for some unknown (known) reason, he holds onto it and pushes past the leader so he could call a saleslady.

 

“That’s a too big of a jump, don’t you think?” he tries to reason out.

 

Hanbin thankfully just snorts and says no more.

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

 


2. Drunk

 

Donghyuk sighs exasperatedly as he stares at his knocked-out friends, sprawled out among empty beer cans and take-out boxes. Yunhyeong is beside him by the table, head on the wood, while Jinhwan is fast asleep by the smaller couch. Bobby and Hanbin have no problems sleeping with their limbs entangled. Junhwe is across Yunhyeong, head also on the table. The only other sober member of their group, Chanwoo, has this expression that he either wants to help his hyungs or record their drunk asses in his phone instead.

 

“Donghyukieeeeeee~~” Yunhyeong suddenly wakes up, still drunk as hell as he slurs, pulling his weight to rest his head on his shoulder. “You look drunkkkk…” the hyung continues as he reaches around his face to pinch his cheek.

 

Donghyuk sighs. He politely pushes Yunhyeong off of him. “I’m not drunk, hyung. You are.”

 

“No wayyyyy~”

 

“I should take him back to our dorm now, shouldn’t I?” Chanwoo says with a snicker. Donghyuk glares at him.

 

“You should. Since an hour ago.”

 

“Okay, okay. I’m on it now.”

 

Chanwoo stands up and lifts the third year up, hooking an arm around Yunhyeong’s frame so he could easily maneuver him out. Donghyuk offers to help but their maknae declines and tells him to just take care of their other friends there.

 

“You’re tired with all the choreography practices, right? Just sleep here, hyung.” the first-year grins. “Besides, the hyungs missed you. You’ve been so busy these past weeks. They’ll be glad to have you wake them up the morning.”

 

“...Fine.”

 

He still helps Chanwoo out of Bobby’s door, watching them from there until Chanwoo flags down a taxi and they’re out of sight. He silently thanks the heavens that he only has afternoon classes the next day. The hyungs don’t have any morning classes as far as he knows. On the other hand, Junhwe has two classes in the morning.

 

“Which means I have to deal with his hangover tomorrow.” he grimly mumbles to himself as he enters Bobby’s apartment again.

 

Someone was groaning as he steps back into the mess. It’s Junhwe. He’s rubbing his face with his hands and for a moment, Donghyuk hopes the other male is not as drunk as he thought he was.

 

“You sane?” he asks.

 

“What?” Junhwe slurs. “Is class done?”

 

Nope. Still definitely drunk as hell.

 

With another sigh, Donghyuk shakes his head and proceeds to clean up the trash around the living room. Though he has zero sympathy for his friends who wasted themselves like there’s no tomorrow, he won’t allow them to sleep in an environment that’s dirty.

 

Junhwe groans when he nudges him to move so he could pull out the empty pizza boxes underneath the table. The other male does move, giving Donghyuk enough space so he could squeeze himself and reach for those boxes. He hears Junhwe groan out a curse.

 

“Why did you even drink so much?” he asks, frustrated because he’s having difficulty pulling out the boxes and empty beer cans, and curious because Junhwe has never drunk himself out like now.

 

He didn’t really expect Junhwe to respond though. The guy can’t even move enough for him to easily do his self-appointed task. That’s besides the fact that they had barely exchanged words for the past three weeks. Surely, Junhwe would just ignore him.

 

But Junhwe suddenly places a hand on his shoulder and speaks.

 

“It’s your fault.”

 

Donghyuk raises an eyebrow at that. He sits up from his kneeling position to give the drunk male a deadpan look. Oh, so now Junhwe decides it’s time to stop pretending he doesn’t exist?

 

“You’re the one who stopped talking to me first.” he blurts out.

 

Of course, Donghyuk knows better than to seriously take what a drunk person said. But Junhwe is finally talking to him face-to-face for the first time in weeks and Donghyuk would take that over anything else.

 

“Why don’t you tell me what I did so wrong to you?” he nudges the other to wake him up more. “It’s my fault, huh? Tell me why.”

 

He waits but he gets nothing. Junhwe just stares at him without a word, eyes dark and suspiciously intense as if he isn’t really drunk. As if he’s contemplating something.

 

“June?”

 

“Why are you so beautiful?”

 

… What?

 

It took 3 seconds for Donghyuk to realize his best friend (if they still are) had said. He feels his cheeks warm up, taken aback, before reminding himself that he’s dealing with a drunk person. He rolls his eyes and takes Junhwe’s hand off his shoulder, holding his wrist in the process.

 

But Junhwe adjusts their hands so he’s the one holding Donghyuk’s hand in his. Donghyuk stops moving at that to stare at their joined hands.

 

Now this is getting weird. Junhwe never holds his hand. It’s always Donghyuk who initiates the skinship - usually to pull him out from joking around Hanbin and Bobby too much. Junhwe never liked him holding his hand too. He always has this frown on his face before shrugging off his grip.

 

Junhwe also never told him he’s beautiful.

 

“Let go.” he says in a firm voice. He twists his hand in Junhwe’s hold so the other will be forced to let go, but Junhwe just grips his hand tighter.

 

Then suddenly, Junhwe tackles him, swerving so Donghyuk’s pushed on the couch behind them, still holding his hand. Donghyuk is too shocked to react as the taller male leans down, pressing their lips together.

 

He swears his heart stopped beating for three solid seconds. Junhwe, his best friend who has been ignoring him for weeks and who he had avoided in return out of spite, is kissing him.

 

The taste of alcohol in June’s mouth pulls Donghyuk back to reality. He pushes the taller guy away using his free hand as hard as can, but Junhwe is frustratingly stubborn.

 

“Donghyuk…” Junhwe murmurs, breaking off the kiss but presses himself more. Donghyuk gasps as he feels Junhwe’s lips on his neck, showering kisses up and down from his jaw to his collarbones.

 

“F-.” his body’s feeling warmer by the second and he really needs to get out this dangerous situation before things can get worse. He tries to push him away again but his best friend won’t budge. How can a drunk person have so much strength?

 

“You could have pulled this with Jinhwan-hyung, since you like him so damn much.” he hisses, tone angry and bitter.

 

Because really, he doesn’t need this kind of thing happening to him. Not with Junhwe. Not when his best friend had been ignoring him in favor of being all affectionate and to Jinhwan-hyung everyday - acting like a dongsaeng starved of his beloved hyung’s love, and making Donghyuk feel disturbed and frustrated because he’s jealous. He’s freaking jealous and he knows exactly why.

 

Which is also why he’s been avoiding Junhwe (and most of the group) for the past weeks, using his dance major as an excuse. The only reason why he’s even here in Bobby’s apartment is because they had practically dragged them there, demanding that he take a break from his choreography project and hang out with them because they miss him.

 

Junhwe’s face when they all meet up says otherwise.

 

Cursing again, Donghyuk grits his teeth and uses all his strength to try and push Junhwe away again, timing it also so he could squeeze his hand out. He finally succeeds. He takes advantage of the freed space to slip off, using his dancer reflexes get away just as Junhwe bounces off and back towards the couch.

 

Standing up, he breathes a deep relieved sigh. He blinks back the forming tears in his eyes and wipes his mouth off with the sleeves of his sweater, placing his numb hand on the spot of his neck where Junhwe had kissed again and again.

 

“Donghyuk…”

 

He had enough. Shaking his head, he ignores Junhwe’s drunken mumble and turns to grab his bag by the TV stand.

 

“I love you.”

 

He stops.

 

It’s just a hallucination of his confused mind, Donghyuk convinces himself. But Junhwe repeats the same three words again, attaching his name at the end, and Donghyuk feels his heart beat like a broken drum.

 

Gulping, he tentatively turns back to face Junhwe, but he’s already fast asleep.

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

3. Fanboy

 

Junhwe can’t believe his luck. Sitting on the bench across the dimly-lit park, fully covered with an oversized blue hooded sweater and a black facemask, is DK. Also known as Kim Donghyuk.

 

The Kim Donghyuk - 23-years-old male solo artist, debuted at the young age of 17 to lukewarm reception but had swiftly and solidly stolen hearts after his hit song, It’s Love. Now, he’s won 4 daesangs in the last 3 years and is considered a top idol. His fans call him “Angel Voice Dongdongie”, “Dance Machine DK”, or simply “Donghyukie” as a reflection of their adoration for him.

 

Yes, Junhwe just narrated all those words in his head. He can even list all of Donghyukie’s magazine appearances both for Korea and Japan if he wants to.

 

He coughs to himself, suddenly so very conscious of his overused Hanyang University jacket and his torn-up skinny jeans that he tore up himself in an attempt to keep up with the trends. It’s a good thing Donghyukie doesn’t seem to notice him staring at him from the bench he’s sitting at. (He’s sure it’s more to do with the big fat Public Relations textbook he’s been using to shield most of his face from the idol).

 

It’s a good thing too that there’s literally only 5 other people around and all of them doesn’t recognize Donghyukie. Junhwe also pats himself in the back for his choice of renting his own place instead of staying at the university dorms. No curfew means he can stay deep into the night as much as he wants, which in turn had earned him this once-in-a-lifetime chance to see Donghyukie in person.

 

Okay, not really once-in-a-lifetime. He had already seen the idol in person, in a similar close proximity, for at least 3 times, not counting concerts where he had to watch at the farthest spots due to his lack of budget (He knows Donghyukie would scold him if he spent all his book money on VIP concert tickets). Those three times, however, were all free because they’re all fansign events, where he had stood with bystanders and unlucky fansites as the idol signs and speaks with a hundred of his fans. He was envious of those fangirls, even more jealous of the few fanboys who managed to score a fansign number, but he had cheered himself up just by watching Donghyukie smile and laugh and be Donghyukie.

 

But this situation he’s in. Really, what kind of luck. Is this the heaven’s reward for his volunteer work at the cat cafe? Should he finally take advantage of this chance and get a private fansign session with the idol he admires?

 

Ahh, but it’s obvious Donghyukie is out in the open like this not as an idol, but just as a person. Maybe he’s getting some personal time from his schedules, or he just wants to think on his thoughts with the pleasant night air. Junhwe wouldn’t want to disturb that.

 

He sighs at himself at that thought and resigns himself to really focus on his readings. Just one last look, though. One quick look at Donghyukie and he’ll go to the night cafe down the road to read there.

 

But when he chances a glance, he sees Donghyukie looking at him and , their eyes meet. Donghyukie holds that eye contact and Junhwe can’t look away. Even when Donghyukie stands up and starts walking towards him, he can only gape silently in shock.

 

And when Donghyukie stops right in front of him, head bowing slightly as a greeting and pulling down his face mask, Junhwe can only mentally scream because Donghyukie shows that ing angelic smile he’s seen in numerous magazines and MVs, and it’s directed towards him.

 

“Hello.”

 

Plus that holy angelic voice, the lower register specifically, of all things - the one with the damn y hint underneath the usual sweetness.

 

Which is also directed towards him, Koo Junhwe, and no one else.

 

“H-Hey.”

 

Donghyukie smiles wider. “Would you mind if I sit with you? I feel kind of lonely just sitting by myself there.”

 

Oh, . Did he save a whole town in his previous life or something?

 

“S-Sure.”

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

4. Business

 

The air is crackling and each step they make seem to just make the tension worse, so it isn’t a surprise for Donghyuk when as soon as the elevator doors have closed, Junhwe steps into his personal space and slams two hands on both his sides, caging him in.

 

“Who’s that?”

 

With the way those words had slipped off Junhwe’s lips, it’s as if Donghyuk had done a great betrayal.

 

“It’s none of your concern.”

 

Which is true. Who is Junhwe anyway? Junhwe is just a poor student with great potential that he had taken under his favor. Just someone he’s been supporting by paying him to be his model. Junhwe shouldn’t be feeling the need to be concerned with his personal matters as if they are more, much more, than what they’ve established.

 

“I don’t care. Who is that?”

 

Yet here is Junhwe doing just that. And here is Donghyuk, feeling the tugging of heartstrings in his gut like he did two years ago with the very reason they’re in this confrontation right now.

 

“It’s Bobby.” he shrugs, averting his gaze away so he wouldn’t stare at those gorgeous lips. “A friend. Will you give me some space now?”

 

“It’s him, isn’t it?” there’s that hiss-like tone again and instead of stepping back, Junhwe just presses closer. “Your first love. The stars guy. The one who made you like this.”

 

Donghyuk doesn’t like that last sentence. He looks back at Junhwe with a heavy glare, daring him to say more. The air breaks up a bit, reflecting Junhwe’s surprise at his reaction. Good. Donghyuk doesn’t want any more of this talk going further.

 

“Get off.” he narrows his eyes. “Now.”

 

He doesn’t break eye contact even when Junhwe glares back. He doesn’t budge either when Junhwe grits his teeth, leans his head down towards his mouth, because he knows Junhwe won’t do it. And he doesn’t. Junhwe stops just an inch away, so dangerously close with the breath he releases bouncing on Donghyuk’s skin.

 

He ignores the unexpectedly large part of him that wants to lean forward and finally get a taste of those lips.

 

Junhwe holds the moment a second longer then finally pulls himself away, hurt and anger in his eyes. Donghyuk just averts his gaze again because he’s afraid he’ll pull Junhwe back to him if he continues to look at those dark orbs.

 

“I think you should go home now.” he forces out, making sure his voice is stern and not regretful. “We’ll move the session to this weekend.”

 

He hears Junhwe gasp softly. “No, I can--”

 

“You should go. I’ll pay you double so you wouldn’t feel like you wasted your time coming here today.”

 

To make sure Junhwe knows he won’t change his mind, he fully looks at him again and smiles that “icy” smile Junhwe had so easily noticed the first time they met. Hurt is more prominent in his eyes than before, perhaps because of his words, but Donghyuk forces himself to ignore it.

 

The elevator doors finally stop, dinging and opening directly to his penthouse. He takes a breath and walks out, passing by Junhwe’s unmoving figure without a final glance.

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

5. Home

 

“I’m home!” Junhwe announces, voice chirpy as he pulls in his luggage. His big grin drops to a frown when there’s no sign of his husband greeting him. Instead, there’s Chanwoo lounging comfortably at the living room, munching on snacks as if he’s in his own house.

 

“Yo Junhwe. How’s the trip?”

 

“...Fine.” Junhwe sighs. He drops the handful of bags he’s been carrying on the floor; each one of it bearing a logo of an expensive fashion brand. Chanwoo teasingly grins.

 

“Wow, how generous of you to buy me YSL, Supreme, and LV. Thank you June-ya!”

 

“You wish. Where’s Donghyuk?”

 

He tugs off his muffler and starts taking off his jacket, waiting for Chanwoo to speak up. He quirks an eyebrow when the maknae remains silent, as if he’s contemplating on something serious. That makes Junhwe feel concerned.

 

“Is everything alright?”

 

“That’s the thing…” Chanwoo sits up straight, face suddenly grim. “Donghyuk’s at the hospital right now...”

 

Junhwe literally felt his heart sink. Panic quickly rising in him.

 

“What?!”

 

“--to get an immunity boost shot! He can’t resched it so he asked me to wait for you here until he finishes, so here I am!”

 

Chanwoo grins again, proud of his trolling. Junhwe gapes, grits his teeth, and balls up his muffler to throw it at the maknae.

 

“Get the out, that’s not funny!”

 

.

.

.