Forever In A Day: Bonus

Half Past Eleven [MINOR REVISIONS]

 

Just because I'm feeling generous, and I received good news today, here's a bonus from the last story! ^^ (Don't get used to this though...)

 


 

Junhwe had his fair share of overprotective-family-member encounters before. It’s nothing he can’t handle though and each one was quickly won over by him. Just a flash of his smile or a mention of his name and work, all aggressively protective instincts will be dropped.

 

Not this one, he could tell.

 

He should have taken Donghyuk seriously when he warned him about his hyungs (in this case, Hyung no. 1). Kim Hanbin isn’t even tall; only a few centimeters taller than Donghyuk, and is skinny, but Junhwe can’t stop the cold sweat from running down his nape as the guy stares at him.

 

There’s something about those cold eyes. They’re predatory and very intimidating. It’s only been about 1 minute since they sat on the dining table across each other, but it feels like an hour already passed. He feels heavy too and oddly submissive, as if no matter what he does, he’ll always lose to Kim Hanbin. The difference from Donghyuk’s gentle and kind aura makes him wonder if they’re truly blood-related siblings.

 

The tension cracks a bit when Donghyuk finally comes in from his kitchen, bringing a tray of coffee condiments, three mugs, and a pile of buttered toasts. Both of them already had breakfast at his place but Kim Hanbin insisted they stay to keep him company. “I can’t even drink water knowing you’re out there with some stranger!”, the hyung had said to Donghyuk when they arrived.

 

“So.”

 

Junhwe stiffens. Donghyuk snickers as he sits beside him.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

He clears his throat. “Koo Junhwe, hyungnim.”

 

“Age?”

 

“Twenty-six.”

 

“What month are you born?”

 

“March, hyungnim.”

 

“Donghyuk’s born in January. Technically, he’s your hyung.”

 

Not really. Donghyuk utters a “hyung!” to chastise Kim Hanbin, but the older male ignores him.

 

“Tell me why Donghyuk’s with you in the morning, having breakfast, when he should have been home last night after work.”

 

Junhwe becomes even more nervous. Is there any way to say, “We drank, hooked-up, and became boyfriends” politely?

 

“Umm…” he clears his throat again. “We met at my best friend’s wedding yesterday, and I invited--

 

“We drank, hooked-up, and became boyfriends.” Donghyuk cuts in, eerily calm for the situation they’re in.

 

Junhwe looks at his new boyfriend with wide eyes. Based from the loud gasp he hears from across the table, Kim Hanbin is not happy about it.

 

“What?!” the hyung stands up from his seat. “You what?!

 

“I thought this is going to be fun to watch but you’re getting annoying hyung.” Donghyuk sighs and gets a toast from the plate. “We’re adults. Please don’t treat us like we’re high schoolers.”

 

“But you slept with a guy without knowing him first! Even became boyfriends without knowing him first!”

 

“I do know a lot about him. He’s the same.”

 

“Oh, really? Give me proof.” Donghyuk opens his mouth to speak but his hyung raises a hand to make him stop. The older male sits back on his chair, then jerks his head at him as if telling him to go first.

 

Junhwe feels a bit relieved. He does have advantage in this.

 

“Donghyuk is a photographer working mainly on event coverages. He was working in the U.S. for two years before flying back here to Korea for good, 3 weeks ago. Hanbin-hyungnim is his only sibling and family left, but he has a brother-like figure working overseas named Kim Jiwon, who had encouraged him to pursue photography instead of going through architecture. Donghyuk also has a newly opened studio at Mapo-gu.”

 

Kim Hanbin drops his jaw. Junhwe starts to grin but when the hyung suddenly closes his mouth and glares, he purses his lips. The hyung’s attention then diverts to his dongsaeng.

 

“Donghyuk, you said you know him?”

 

“Yes.” Donghyuk easily shows a pleased smile. “My boyfriend’s name is Koo Junhwe, or JU-NE. He’s a model under K-Plus. Perhaps you heard about him, hyung?”

 

Junhwe blinks at that. Is Kim Hanbin working in a field that enables him to be familiar about modeling?

 

“Hmm… I think the name rings a bell.” he stiffens again when the hyung sets back his scary eyes on him. “Now that K-Plus is mentioned, I think I saw a poster or two of you when I visited a month ago. You’re a model huh?”

 

He focuses on Kim Hanbin for a second. Did the mention of his work and name eased up the hyung?

 

“Why can’t you answer right away?”

 

Nope.

 

“Yes, hyungnim. I’m a model. I’ve been in the industry since I was in high school.” he straightens his back in attention. “I worked as a freelance for 4 years before I signed with K-Plus. They’ve been very good to me.”

 

The older male nods. “K-Plus is a really good agency for models. I heard their contracts are leaned more towards the benefit of their talents. The last time I visited, they were planning to partner with my agency to let models do singing and dancing.”

 

A question forms in Junhwe’s mind again. Donghyuk seems to sense it since he leans and answers it for him.

 

“Hyung is a composer and producer in YG Entertainment. If you see the name ‘B.I’ under iKON and BlackPink’s songs, that’s him.”

 

Oh.

 

Junhwe swallows a gulp. Donghyuk’s brother is B.I? iKON and BlackPink are fairly popular so he does hear about B.I, about the guy being a mysterious genius songwriter who only stays in the studio and doesn’t go out. Some of his agency-mates who’s interested in idol groups also mentioned about the guy being a perfectionist, someone with a lot of knowledge, and scary.

 

He glances at Kim Hanbin again and the hyung narrows his eyes at him, crossing his arms.

 

Yup. Scary is very accurate.

 

“K-Plus also only signs people with real potential and with good character.” Hanbin states and sighs a bit. “That’s why they’re a favorite of a lot of brands and magazines.”

 

He doesn’t know if it’s just his imagination, but Junhwe feels like the heavy pressure around has dissipated slightly. Glancing at the male beside him, he realizes Donghyuk had deliberately mentioned about him being in K-Plus first, at the knowledge that his brother is familiar with it, so his impression will be improved.

 

Donghyuk catches his eye and smiles. He smiles back.

 

Kim Hanbin slaps a hand on the table. “Stop smiling at each other. This isn’t over yet.”

 

They both stiffen. “Yes, hyungnim.”

 

“I acknowledge you knowing each other and Koo Junhwe being in K-Plus, but I still don’t approve of this.”

 

“He’s a good person, hyung.” Donghyuk says with a softer voice. His hyung just shakes his head.

 

“One night, Donghyuk. Just one ing night. That’s so ridiculous. Even people who experience love at first sight don’t do that.”

 

“The times are changing--”

 

Donghyuk shuts up when a glare is thrown at him. The display makes Junhwe feel quite guilty. He knows how good the brothers’ relationship is, based from Donghyuk’s stories last night. He doesn’t want to sully that.

 

There’s another sigh. “Why are you even dating each other after one night?”

 

Because they’re both each other’s best shot. They felt an instant connection and they want to try with each other to move on. But that will be difficult for Donghyuk's hyung to understand without knowing all the details, and might only make things messy, so he just summarizes his answer in three simple words.

 

“I like him.”

 

Kim Hanbin deadpans at him. Oops, looks like it’s a wrong answer for the hyung. He’s definitely not lying, though.

 

Donghyuk nudges his shoulder with his and looks up at him with another smile.

 

“I like you too.”

 

“God.” The male across them releases an exasperated sigh. “My head hurts. You know what? Fine, go date each other.” he shakes his head and takes a mug from the tray. “Don’t come crying to me when you break up, Donghyuk. I’m predicting 3, no 2 weeks at most. Kimbab won’t even comfort you, I bet.”

 

Donghyuk shrugs then takes a mug too. “Just stick to making songs, hyung. Your non-music chart predictions are always off-based.”

 

“I just love my baby brother okay?! I want the best for him.”

 

“Thanks, hyung. I love you too, I guess.”

 

“You guess?!”

 

Junhwe lets out a very small smirk.

 

“Why are you smirking?”

 

Why is Kim Hanbin such an eagle-eyed person?

 

“I’ll be watching you Koo Junhwe. You might underestimate my position as a composer, but I have many connections in the industry. If I hear one word about you fooling around--”

 

“I swear I won’t, hyungnim.” he immediately answers. The hyung isn’t impressed.

 

“That’s what all cheaters say.”

 

“Can we please end this now?” Donghyuk says with a tired tone.

 

“Fine.” Kim Hanbin grumbles then picks up a buttered toast from the pile. “You better eat, Koo Junhwe. Donghyukie made a lot.”

 

Junhwe already had breakfast (and might end up bloated later if he eats more), but for Donghyuk’s sake and to not get more ire from the older brother...

 

“No need.” Donghyuk suddenly whispers to him before he could take one. Junhwe blinks as the other pulls the plate of toasts away. He watches as the last mug from the tray is taken to be placed in front of him.

 

“Here, I run out of the grounded variety, so…” his boyfriend makes a move to reach for the coffee container beside Kim Hanbin, before stopping in his movements. “Wait, I have tea and juice if you want.”

 

“Oh, I--”

 

“No, he’ll take coffee.”

 

They both turn to see Kim Hanbin setting aside his newly made coffee to reach over and place the coffee condiments in a straight line behind his mug. Junhwe feels nervous again as the hyung laces his fingers on the table.

 

“There’s a saying that a lot of things can be inferred from a person from the way they make their coffee.” Kim Hanbin starts, a smirk forming on his face. “Why don’t you show me how you make yours, Koo Junhwe? I’m very interested.”

 

Donghyuk face palms beside him while Junhwe stares stupefied at the coffee, cream, and sugar containers.

 

“No need to be shy.” the hyung adds, smirk widening.

 

He gulps. Should he call Jinhwan-hyung now?

 

.

.

.

 

 


 

Done! I enjoyed writing this whole story very much. hehe

(Just realized I'm reaching 50 chapters... Hmm....)