Forever In A Day: End

Half Past Eleven [MINOR REVISIONS]

 

If you noticed, I changed the title of the first part from "Collide". This new one fits the story better because both parts take place, like the title says, in a day (24 hours).

Enjoy guys. I know a lot of you liked the first part so I hope you'll like this one too. ♥

 


 

Junhwe likes modeling very much. He likes that he gets to wear super nice clothes, send a message or a statement through a form of media, and be taken seriously by other people. The high pay and his rising popularity are welcomed bonuses. It’s a good thing that he’s born with the face and physique for it. Thus, whether it’s Versace, Balenciaga, Supreme, or the popular local brands, anything looks good on him. And no, it’s not him being narcissistic. It’s him being complimented a hundred times since high school and being scouted by lots of modeling and entertainment agencies even now.

 

He wasn’t interested with it at first. The offers came during the time when he was in a rebellious phase of cutting classes and ignoring his parents’ pleas for him to do well. It was a time when he wants to do well, but can’t do so no matter how hard he tried. His mom and dad even came to a point where they gave up on the traditional way and told him he can pursue an alternative learning if that interests him. That only made him more frustrated with himself. The modeling and idol-training offers just made it worse.

 

But there’s a person who made him see the other perspective: what if those offers are a chance for him to find his path? Jinhwan-hyung was the one who dragged him to his first trial photo shoot and has been with him in every step of the way ever since. His best friend even sacrificed his goal of being a linguist just to watch over him and for that, Junhwe will forever be grateful.

 

He thought he’ll forever stay with Jinhwan-hyung too. Not just as a best friend and a co-worker, but as a partner in life. That didn’t happen, obviously.

 

“Good job June.” Yunhyeong remarks with a smile. He lets his temporary manager take off the Versace long coat he’s wearing. “Three more outfits to go and we’re done here! Next, we’ll go to Dazed for next month’s feature.”

 

He frowns at that, letting Yunhyeong know through his sulking that he’s not fond of the hectic schedules he’s been getting lately. The manager just pats his shoulder sympathetically and lets the make-up artist check her work.

 

“It’s already past noon. I’m hungry. And thirsty. And sleepy.” he mumbles and sighs. “If Jinhwan-hyung’s here, there would already be a delivered lunch waiting for me.”

 

Yunhyeong shakes his head. “But he isn’t, so you have to stick with me until afternoon. Chicken’s already on the way though.”

 

“Thank you oh great manager Song Yunhyeong.”

 

“Ha ha.”

 

Chicken does arrive immediately after that. The other staff finally leaves him to have a quick lunch, so he sits with Yunhyeong at the small table in his dressing room. He pulls apart the provided disposable chopsticks and sighs again.

 

“Am I such boring company that you can’t stop sighing since we started this shoot?” Yunhyeong chuckles and gives him a big piece of chicken . “You’re starting to hurt my feelings.”

 

“You’re not boring. I just prefer Jinhwan-hyung as my manager.”

 

“You like him way too much.”

 

Exactly. Way too much. But recently, something changed.

 

A retort he’s about to say is interrupted by the aggressive vibration of his phone beside his bottle of juice. He takes his phone and quickly opens it up to see what notification it is. Jinhwan-hyung’s name greets him.

 

“Speaking of your beloved manager.” says Yunhyeong as he peeks at his phone. Junhwe pouts but doesn’t block the other.

 

He opens his KKT and immediately sees what Jinhwan-hyung sent him. It’s a picture and a short series of messages.

 

“Got my wedding album now~!”

“My photographer’s the best!”

“Lunchtime with him is soooo fun! ♥”

 

And then the picture. His manager is the one who took the photo, with him and his husband leaning their heads on both shoulders of the person in between them.

 

It’s Donghyuk - his boyfriend for 3 months and counting.

 

He ignores the obvious teasing tone of the messages (and the ridiculous kissy faces the Jung couple has), choosing to focus on Donghyuk. His boyfriend has a warm smile going on, his brown hair pushed back casually, and his eyes seemingly twinkling due to the cafe’s lighting.

 

Before he realizes it, he’d already saved the photo, had gone to his gallery, and is now cropping the picture so only Donghyuk remains.

 

“Wow, look at you editing out Chanwoo and Jinhwan-hyung.” Yunhyeong chuckles. “Now I won’t doubt your sincerity with Donghyuk-ah. If you can take out your beloved manager for him, that’s something.

 

That is what changed. That something. He still likes Jinhwan-hyung way too much, still regards him as his savior. His best friend’s marital status shouldn’t even be a hindrance to keep him as no. 1 in his heart, but now he can easily erase said no. 1 out of a photo for someone else. All his exes didn’t have that privilege.

 

So what does he call that something with Kim Donghyuk?

 

 

---

 

 

Three months of dating is enough for Junhwe to figure out some of his initial questions. The reason why he feels so comfortable with Donghyuk, enough for him to ask him out seriously after one hook-up:

 

Donghyuk himself.

 

It doesn’t sound logical even in his own head, but it makes sense for Junhwe. Setting aside Donghyuk’s physical attractiveness (which Junhwe can go on and on about because damn), Donghyuk’s personality is something that still surprises Junhwe even after knowing him for months. He had called the guy weird and crazy, because only a weird and crazy person would agree to dating him off the bat after one night of bonding and . As of now, he still thinks of Donghyuk as the same but only because Donghyuk is too nice. Too pure. He’s weird and crazy for being so very good-hearted in the kind of messy era they’re living in. He can be hella annoying, however, but that is easily canceled out by everything else.

 

It’s that aura, perhaps Donghyuk’s soul itself, that had drawn Junhwe in like a moth around a flame. And since he wants to keep circling around that flame, he finds himself adjusting so he could keep things that way. He usually doesn’t care about other people outside his very small circle of friends and loved ones, but for Donghyuk he finds himself caring.

 

For instance, crossing paths with Kim Hanbin at the lobby of YG Entertainment. If Kim Hanbin is the older brother of some other person he’s dating, he wouldn’t even go greet him especially after the not-so-nice first encounter they had.

 

“Hyung-nim, you’re here. Have you eaten already?”

 

Yet here is Koo Junhwe, bowing and even showing a smile, because Kim Hanbin is Donghyuk’s older brother.

 

“Koo Junhwe.” The older guy says his name with a very small displeased undertone. He looks tired, probably just done with an overnight work as a composer. “Yeah, I’ve eaten already. Why are you here?”

 

Junhwe hesitates before sitting across Hanbin at one of the guest couches. “I’m here to meet up with my manager. We were separated for a morning photoshoot I had.”

 

“You still have work until night?”

 

“Yes, hyungnim.”

 

“Hmm…” Kim Hanbin regards him with an intimidating look even for his own standards. “You should know already right? About tonight?”

 

Junhwe gulps. He does know but the way the composer’s speaking, he feels like he had missed something.

 

“Jiwon-hyungnim’s coming back.”

 

Kim Hanbin’s expression lightens up a bit. “That’s right. He’s looking forward to meeting you finally.”

 

“I’ll be there, hyungnim. My manager already arranged my sched since last week.”

 

“Good. Don’t be late, and make sure to pick-up Donghyukie from his studio. He can be too engrossed with his work.” Hanbin shrugs then shows a little smile. “Though I doubt he would even forget about tonight. It’s his long-awaited Bobby-hyung after all.”

 

There’s some sort of bittersweet feeling left in Hanbin’s voice as he nods at him to let him know he’s free to leave. The feeling makes Junhwe sort of sympathize and even if it’s not as deep as Donghyuk’s concern, he hopes Kim Hanbin can sort out his relationship and be happy.

 

Which is, again, weird because he’s being concerned for a person who isn’t even his friend. All because he’s the older brother of Donghyuk.

 

Donghyuk, who has unrequited feelings for “long-awaited” Jiwon-hyung.

 

“What’s gotten you pensive?” Hanbin remarks with a raised eyebrow. Junhwe blinks at that because he hasn’t realized he’s being pensive. Is he frowning?

 

“Nothing, hyungnim. Just…” he pauses. “A bit tired.”

 

He is, but that’s not the reason. Hanbin-hyungnim doesn’t need to know.

 

“Take care of yourself.” The hyung replies after regarding him with a contemplative look. “We all know you’re hard-working, but I don’t want Donghyukie worrying over things you could have prevented.”

 

Junhwe blinks, not expecting the hyung to say such words. He grins at that while Kim Hanbin just narrows his eyes at him, pointing at Jinhwan-hyung who’s already approaching them from behind.

 

 

---

 

 

Hanbin-hyungnim’s right. Donghyuk is very much aware that Kim Jiwon is back in Korea again and will be meeting them all for dinner. That’s why he isn’t buried on his computer table like the rest of the times he visited the small studio.

 

“June! You’re quite early.” Donghyuk says with a grin. A really big grin. He places his camera down on his desk to greet him with a chaste kiss on his lips, a hand curling on the left sleeve of his coat.

 

Junhwe sighs as he lightly wraps an arm around Donghyuk’s waist. Why does he feel like all the tiredness in his body’s gone now?

 

“And you noticed me going in because you’re not too focused on your computer screen. Good job.” he teases before leaning down to kiss his boyfriend back. Donghyuk pouts and leads him in. He goes straight to the couch in the small receiving area.

 

“Do you want anything to drink? You can rest here before we go to the hotel. Jinhwan-hyung told me you had three photoshoots today.”

 

Donghyuk moves to go to the coffee machine near his desk, but Junhwe lifts an arm and grabs his wrist.

 

“Just sit with me here. Give me five minutes.”

 

“Okay.”

 

His boyfriend smiles and walks back to him. He adjusts to give Donghyuk more space, immediately shifting closer again as soon as the other makes himself comfortable. Junhwe feels Donghyuk stiffening when he rests his head on his shoulder and for a moment, he wonders about that. His boyfriend seems tensed.

 

“Jinhwan-hyung sent me a selca of him, Chanwoo and you.” he blurts out. “They posed like this with you too. Minus the kissy faces.”

 

Donghyuk instantly laughs at that. Junhwe grins and feels proud.

 

“Are you mentioning that because you want a selca too?”

 

“Yeah. I won’t do the kissy face though.”

 

Donghyuk laughs again. “I can’t even imagine JU-NE doing that, but sure. Let’s take one.”

 

Junhwe waits for him to take out his phone from the pocket of his jeans. Donghyuk asks him if he wants to add filters - to which he says no. After a photographer-like comment of the lighting not being the most ideal for a selca, Donghyuk finally lifts his phone to take a photo.

 

And in an expertly timed fashion, June raises his head from Donghyuk’s shoulder to place a kiss on his cheek, just as the shutter button is pressed.

 

Donghyuk yelps in surprise and Junhwe laughs. He grins again at the presence of pinkish red on Donghyuk’s face and amusedly watches him check if the photo was taken properly. Of course, it is. His boyfriend slaps his arm in embarrassment.

 

“What? I only said I won’t do a kissy face.”

 

Donghyuk grumbles under his breath and mentions about deleting the photo later. Junhwe just chuckles because he knows Donghyuk won’t do that.

 

“Do you feel better now?” At his boyfriend’s surprised face, “You felt tensed up.”

 

“Oh. Yeah…” Donghyuk smiles sheepishly at him. “Just a bit nervous. It’s been a whole year since I last saw Bobby-hyung face-to-face.”

 

Why would he be nervous, Junhwe wants to ask. Kim Jiwon is a family-like person for him. More than nervous, he should be excited. But he already got Donghyuk to lighten up so he chooses not to utter the question.

 

“Now it’s you who feels tensed up.” Donghyuk comments with a snicker. “You’re nervous too, huh?”

 

“No…”

 

Actually, he might be. If Kim Jiwon is anything like Kim Hanbin when they first met…

 

Donghyuk snickers again and stands up from the couch. He stretches his arms and holds his hand out for Junhwe to take. Junhwe takes it and laces their fingers as he stands.

 

“Come on, let’s get this over with.” Donghyuk says, squeezing his hand.

 

Junhwe knows Donghyuk’s talking about the meeting with his other beloved hyung. Yet somehow, it also feels like something else is ending along with it. He tells himself to ignore the dread forming in the pits of his stomach.

 

 

---

 

 

Junhwe’s already familiar with “Bobby-hyung” from all the framed photos in Donghyuk’s apartment and the few selcas he has in his phone. Even now when he sees the guy in person, he still is surprised to know that the grinning male with the blonde-dyed hair is actually a head programmer at a very reputable technological company overseas.

 

He is friendly, though; much friendlier than Kim Hanbin. The guy had grabbed his hand and pulled him into a bro hug after Donghyuk introduced him as his boyfriend. Hanbin-hyungnim seems amused at his reaction.

 

“So, you’re the famed boyfriend Donggu and Hanbin-ah’s been talking about. Looking real good, man.” Kim Jiwon says, still grinning. “You do have this high-class model aura with you.”

 

He nods politely. “Thank you, hyungnim.”

 

“Hey, don’t call me so formally. Just hyung will do.” There’s a laugh. “I bet Hanbin-ah made you call him hyungnim, didn’t he?”

 

Donghyuk snorts at his side while Hanbin glares. “I didn’t! He just went ahead with that!”

 

“And you didn’t stop him.” Donghyuk comments with a playful roll of his eyes, winking at him. Junhwe grins.

 

Jiwon-hyung invites them over to the VIP lounge at the upper floors of the hotel. The hyung complains about having a major seminar he has to attend the next day, before telling them that dinner’s on him. As the small talk continues while they walk towards the lounge, Junhwe observes how the two hyungs interact. At first glance, they seem like close friends who are engrossed in a topic but when he looks closer, he sees the little things.

 

The subtle brushing of fingers, how Jiwon-hyung is leaning a bit towards Hanbin-hyungnim, the automatic smile on their face when they look at each other. They remind him very much of Jinhwan-hyung and Chanwoo, but in a highly-charged yet restrained kind of way.

 

He remembers that night at the Hongdae bar, when Donghyuk first talked about them. It must’ve been very painful for Donghyuk seeing his two precious people holding back like that, out of love for him.

 

Pursing his lips, he moves closer and reaches for Donghyuk’s right hand with his left. His boyfriend looks up at him in surprise, probably wondering why he’s holding his hand in a place where a person could recognize him. Junhwe just shrugs and gives him a small smile, squeezing his hand like the way Donghyuk did when they left his studio. It’s an act of comfort and encouragement, given and returned.

 

It’s amazing how Donghyuk immediately gets his intentions without him saying anything. His boyfriend silently utters a “thank you” and smiles back, eyes sparkling a bit and making him breathless.

 

Junhwe resists the urge to pull Donghyuk out of the place so he won’t see his two hyungs like that. So it’ll just be the two of them and Junhwe could make him smile and laugh like it’s summer and spring combined.

 

 

---

 

 

Dinner is lively with the animated conversations Jiwon-hyung and the Kim siblings have. Junhwe doesn’t get to escape and had been pulled into a couple of topics as well, most of which are about the model industry.

 

As he talks about his work, Junhwe realizes it’s an indirect way for Jiwon-hyung to assess him as a person; his beliefs, lifestyle, and ideologies. Hanbin-hyung even raises up questions that makes him elaborate on certain things that can be sensitive. Donghyuk inserts comments that could lighten up the conversation but Junhwe himself indulges the two hyungs.

 

“In short, you think the concept behind the photoshoot isn’t as important as the clothes you pose in.”

 

“It depends, hyungnim. If it’s a magazine or a photobook, I choose the concept, if it’s just an advert where one or two spreads will be used, I choose the clothes. That’s beside the external factors.”

 

“What external factors? And you’re still calling Hanbin-ah hyungnim.”

 

“He didn’t tell me to stop.”

 

“Then stop. Answer the question already.”

 

“Well, there’s the photographer, the brand I’m posing for. The publication itself. Stuff like that.”

 

“Sounds like a lot of observation and analysis. I’d rather code all day.”

 

“You talk as if you aren’t doing more heavy duty mental stuff in your job.”

 

“And you all talk as if this isn’t a dinner that’s supposed to be all about catching up after not seeing each other for a long time.” Donghyuk suddenly cuts in. He has a deadpan look and is sipping wine. “Seriously, there’s a time and place for grilling my boyfriend about his work ethics.”

 

“But the first meeting’s important!” Kim Jiwon answers with a small pout. Hanbin-hyung nods firmly. “This is even more important because it’s about you! It’s so unlike you to date a person after just meeting him.”

 

“That’s exactly what I told him 3 months ago.” Hyung no. 1 adds.

 

“Yet 3 months later, June and I are still dating.” Donghyuk replies with a smile that is mockingly cheery. “You said we’ll only last 2 weeks at most.”

 

Junhwe smirks. Hanbin-hyung glares at him but he doesn’t drop the smirk. He can’t help it.

 

“How about you June? I heard it’s you who asked Donggu out. What attracted you about him to do that after one day?” asks Jiwon-hyung.

 

Junhwe gives the hyung a glance and sees that he’s serious about the question. Hanbin-hyung, on the other hand, has stopped the glaring and is genuinely interested, perhaps curious if he’ll change his answer from the standard “I like him” that he’d given when he was asked the same question months before.

 

It’s a good thing Junhwe is already sure of the true answer to that.

 

“Himself.”

 

He feels Donghyuk stiffen beside him even though their limbs aren’t touching. Jiwon-hyung doesn’t respond right away, staring intently at him. Junhwe knows it’s not an impressive answer despite it being the truth, and Kim Hanbin enforces it by asking him to elaborate.

 

“It’ll take us the whole night if I do.” He says, smirking at the curious yet embarrassed glance Donghyuk does towards him. “I’ll say the same if you ask me to summarize. It’s really just him. Everything about him. If it’s a different person I am with that night, I’m positive I wouldn’t ask to date them.”

 

“That’s just the initial attraction though.”

 

“An initial attraction that didn’t go away and just keeps on growing.” He subtly moves his leg under the table, poking Donghyuk’s shoe with his. Their eyes meet. “I don’t think it’s possible for it to even decrease…”

 

He hears Hanbin-hyung mutter “cheesy” but he’s too busy watching the way Donghyuk shifts his eyes before looking down, cheeks red and fingers lacing and unlacing on the table top. His boyfriend bumps back his shoe a moment after, locking eyes with him again, so he grins.

 

“Okay, I get it. You two can stop the gooey-eyes now. Sheesh.”

 

They both break eye contact to look at the two hyungs. Kim Hanbin is sighing again before letting a small smile settle on his lips. That takes Junhwe aback. Kim Jiwon is asked if he has other things he wants to ask or talk about but the guy is busy laughing.

 

This is why I want to meet you as soon as possible. I think I can breathe easy now.” the hyung says after he’s done with the laugh. Kim Hanbin gapes at him.

 

“What? You’re letting these two go just like that?”

 

Junhwe grins wider. “Does that mean I got your approval, Jiwon-hyung?”

 

“What do you think?” Jiwon-hyung winks at him and Donghyuk with a smile. “But if you make Donggu cry, I won’t forgive you okay? I don’t care that you’re a model. Any dirt you have hidden in the Web can easily be found by me.”

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

“And any dirt that escaped can be dug up by me. Don’t underestimate the connections I have in the media industry.”

 

If June makes me cry,” Donghyuk interrupts, grabbing a breadstick from the plate in front of him. “I will be the one to do something about it. Not you two.”

 

Junhwe nods in approval as he hands him the garlic-butter sauce. “Which is something you don’t have to think about, because I won’t ever make you cry.”

 

“Don’t talk so assuredly, June. A lot of things can happen.” Hanbin smirks, then turns to his side to face the other male, asking if they’re getting dessert as well.

 

Junhwe takes that as a sign that the interrogation is over. He mentally cheers and looks over to Donghyuk as the two hyungs discuss pastries, expecting him to smile and have a light expression. But Donghyuk isn’t focused at anything and has a rather contemplative look.

 

“Hey…” he catches Donghyuk’s attention even though he softened his voice significantly. “You alright?”

 

“Yeah, just a bit tired.”

 

As someone who uses “tired” as an excuse, Junhwe is immediately compelled to feel concerned. But upon seeing Donghyuk’s smile obviously meant to reassure him, he just gulps down that concern for the meantime.

 

He’ll wait for Donghyuk to tell him, himself.

 

 

---

 

 

“You guys go ahead. I need to talk with Hanbin-ah more.”

 

That’s what Jiwon-hyung told them after dessert was done, adding “It’s a long time coming” to Donghyuk. Instantly, they both get it.

 

They’re silent as they ride the elevators down to the basement parking lot, and is still silent when Junhwe starts the car engine to drive off. Junhwe doesn’t want to push it. A lot of thinking must have been going through his boyfriend’s head, now that his hyungs are going to confront something they should have a long time ago, but kept postponing.

 

He wants Donghyuk to feel better though; do something to lift his spirits up, so he suggests going to the Han river or to a night cafe. Donghyuk shakes his head and gives him a smile, telling him that he just wants to go home.

 

The traffic is smooth so in under 15 minutes, he’s already pulling up by the driveway of Donghyuk’s apartment. He wants to lean in and give his boyfriend a goodnight kiss, but Donghyuk is still looking contemplative so he lets go of the desire and patiently watches him take off the seatbelt and exit the passenger seat.

 

“Good night, sweetheart.” he says, adding the pet name on purpose to make Donghyuk annoyed and take him out of his thoughts. Yet Donghyuk ignores it and bids him goodnight back.

 

“I’ll wait for you to get in. I’ll go to your studio after work tomorrow, okay?”

 

“Okay.”

 

Donghyuk nods, smiles again, and turns his back to walk towards the apartment entrance. Junhwe watches him through the pulled down window of the seat beside him.

 

Then Donghyuk stops right before he enters the glass doors. Suddenly, he’s turning around and walking back to his car again. That alerts Junhwe so he gets out of the car as well, pulling the lapels of his coat closer to each other.

 

“What’s the matter? Did you forget something?”

 

“No…” Donghyuk takes a breath then lifts a hand to tug the end of his left cuff. He looks unsure.

 

“I just… can you stay with me tonight?”

 

Donghyuk looks up to him with those eyes again and Junhwe freezes a bit. He internally repeats the question.

 

Jinhwan-hyung is supposed to fetch him early the next day because he has a scheduled Esquire photoshoot. It’s an important photo shoot with half of the pages dedicated to him, so he needs to prepare diligently.

 

But he’s also the kind of person who can just wing something and get great results. Most importantly, Donghyuk is asking him if he could stay so yes, he will stay.

 

He grabs the hand that’s tugging on his sleeve cuff to squeeze it comfortingly. “Sure. Let me just park my car properly, then I’ll go up to your place.”

 

The relief is so obvious on Donghyuk’s face, Junhwe feels his heart jump and sink.

 

“Okay. Don’t worry, we won’t do anything and just sleep. I know you have a lot of work to do tomorrow.” the grin on his boyfriend’s face is meant to lighten up the mood, so he takes the hint and lifts a hand to playfully pinch his cheek.

 

“So you only need a human pillow to hug to sleep. Fine. You better make me breakfast.”

 

Donghyuk chuckles softly. “Leave it to me.”

 

 

---

 

 

Junhwe isn’t a light sleeper. The moment his eyes shut close and his subconscious enters dreamland, he won’t be awake until hours later when his alarm is ringing or someone deliberately wakes him up.

 

Yet with this sleepover, Junhwe wakes up in the middle of the night, blinking and sleepily registering that his boyfriend is not asleep beside him. He groans a bit and turns under the sheets to retrieve his phone from the bedstand. Turning it on, he squints as the phone shows him it’s 2 am.

 

Judging by the coldness of the side Donghyuk should be sleeping on, a significant amount of time has already passed since the photographer left the bedroom. Junhwe can just choose to sleep again; Donghyuk’s probably just catching up with photo edits, but no. He refuses to go back to sleep without Donghyuk with him.

 

He massages his neck and gets off the bed, carefully opening the door to look around. As he had thought, the low lights by the kitchen counter is on, but Donghyuk isn’t working on his laptop.

 

“Hey…” his boyfriend gives him an apologetic smile as he approaches. “Why are you up? You should go back to sleep.”

 

He scoffs and sits beside him on one of the bar stools, taking Donghyuk’s mug of tea and sipping a bit. “No way I’m going back there alone.”

 

“You could. It’s not like you always have someone to sleep beside you.”

 

That catches Junhwe off guard. Donghyuk belatedly realizes what he just said and widens his eyes, before sighing heavily and cupping his head with his hands.

 

“I didn’t mean to-- Gosh, sorry, my head’s just a mess.”

 

“Donghyuk?” The concern Junhwe had felt since they left the hotel comes back and increases two times. He turns in his seat to face him, shifting nearer. “What is it? You can tell me.”

 

“It’s just….” the pause goes on longer than it should until Donghyuk shakes his head and looks down. “I don’t want to break up.”

 

Junhwe’s mind literally shuts down for a moment.

 

“What? Who’s breaking up? Us?”

 

“No. I don’t know.” Donghyuk scoffs. “See? It’s stupid and I don’t even know if I should tell you because what if… what if you really don’t want to continue this? That everything, all those things you said are just words?”

 

“Baby, you’re not making sense. Everything I said today is the truth.” Junhwe takes both of Donghyuk’s hands and holds them in his tightly. “Tell me. What made you think we’re breaking up, because we totally aren’t.”

 

Donghyuk looks defeated as he starts to explain, “Everything came to me, you know? About Hanbin-hyung, Bobby-hyung. Us. I just…-- I’m happy. I’m really happy. My hyungs are finally going to be together.” He sighs and glances up at him. “And I’m so grateful for you because without you, I wouldn’t be able to convince them. But then, it also made me think about us, what we have…” he pauses again and bites his lip. “What do we really have between us, June?”

 

“I…” Junhwe gulps. What do they have between them?

 

Isn’t it obvious?

 

Something strikes in him, his mind instantly flashing back to the dressing room conversation he had with Yunhyeong. He had questioned himself about that “something” that had changed and it should have been obvious. It is obvious. Then he thinks back on his talk with Donghyuk’s hyungs, and it just hits him more.

 

What does he and Donghyuk have? It’s one thing. One very important thing that is as clear as day, but he keeps on missing. He feels very stupid for not realizing it sooner, especially with how easy the answer came to him. If only it’s not at the expense of Donghyuk’s doubts. He hates seeing him like this.

 

“Now that my hyungs are going to be okay, are we still going to be together?” Donghyuk asks nervously. “Or will you prefer to move on from Jinhwan-hyung with someone else?”

 

“What?” Junhwe chuckles. It’s kind of inappropriate but he can’t help it because what Donghyuk’s saying is so ridiculous to him.

 

His boyfriend frowns and suddenly, tears pool up on his eyes. Junhwe panics instantly.

 

“Wait, don’t cry.” he lets go of Donghyuk’s hands to cup his face. “God, I . I just vowed to myself earlier that I won’t make you cry.”

 

Donghyuk sniffs and holds his hands on his face. “Don’t choose someone else. Be with me…”

 

“There isn’t ‘someone else’ to choose to begin with. It’s only you.” Junhwe chuckles again and finally pulls Donghyuk into a hug. “Didn’t I tell you 3 months ago? You’re my best shot, and I succeeded. I’m totally, irrevocably over Jinhwan-hyung now.”

 

He feels his boyfriend curl his fingers on the fabric at his back. A “Really…?” is muffled on his chest.

 

“Hell, I cropped him and Chanwoo out of their lunchtime selca with you so it’s only you in the picture. Yunhyeong-hyung was amazed.”

 

He rubs Donghyuk’s back, smiling to himself when he feels the other squeeze him closer. Then Donghyuk relaxes his grip so he does the same, just enough for Donghyuk to move. His boyfriend looks up to him, moist eyes instantly locking to his.

 

“I succeeded with my best shot too. All day, I kept thinking about you and us then after we left my hyungs, I felt afraid. I don’t want you to leave me.”

 

“Baby, I’m not going anywhere else. Why would I, when I love you?”

 

He leans and presses his forehead on Donghyuk’s. “I love you, Donghyuk. I really do.” He leans more to kiss him. “I love you. , look. I’m even trembling.” He laughs and pulls away a bit, letting Donghyuk brush his hair and cup his face in concern.

 

“Indeed, you are.”

 

Junhwe stares, marveling at him. He feels so light even though the reactions of his body is anything but.

 

“I love you, Donghyuk. Do you feel the same way?”

 

His boyfriend meets his eyes again. “Of course, I do. I love you.” A breathtaking smile finally finds its way back to his face. “I love you, June.”

 

He smiles. So this is how it feels to be loved back. He loses the last of his self-control.

 

He leans to kiss Donghyuk, softly at first before he quickly demands for more. Donghyuk reciprocates, softly and mumbling the three words on his lips. The need increases with that so Junhwe wraps his arms around him to lift him up. He tightens his hold around Donghyuk as he wraps his legs around his waist.

 

“Your work…tomorrow...” Donghyuk whispers in between short yet fervent kisses.

 

Junhwe knows. Jinhwan-hyung will kill him if he isn’t back in his condo by the time he comes in. The last thing in the world he’d want is for his manager to be angry at him.

 

But that was before. He still likes Jinhwan-hyung way too much, but he likes Donghyuk much, much more. “Like” isn’t even an appropriate word to use to describe his feelings, to begin with.

 

“I don’t care. We need to celebrate this.”

 

So he chases Donghyuk’s lips again and marches back towards the bedroom, because Donghyuk is more important and he loves him the most.


 

---

 

 

Click.

 

Junhwe grunts under his breath. He slowly opens his eyes, expecting to see a tuft of brown hair by his chest, but his boyfriend isn’t in his arms.

 

“Cute~”

 

Instead, Donghyuk is sitting up, wearing a loose shirt and looking down at a DLSR camera.

 

“Oh, you’re awake now.” his boyfriend smiles and points his camera at him. “Say cheese.”

 

Junhwe pouts then indulges the other, giving out a peace sign. He’s not saying cheese though; no matter how much he loves him.

 

“Come here.” Junhwe tugs on Donghyuk’s arm after the picture’s taken, gently pulling him back to the sheets. He throws an arm around the other’s waist and leans to kiss him on the temple.

 

“Good morning, babe.”

 

Donghyuk snorts and chuckles. “You said the exact same thing that morning-after 3 months ago.”

 

“Unlike that time, you’re not complaining about the pet name.”

 

Donghyuk shrugs and pecks him on the lips, rolling over on his stomach and propping his camera on his hands to check the pictures he just took. “I guess I should just get used to it.”

 

Junhwe grins, about to with different cheesy pet names, when a ringtone interrupts. It’s his phone’s so he grunts and grabs it from the bed stand. It’s Jinhwan-hyung.

 

“June! Where the hell are you?! Esquire starts in three hours and we need you to get to the salon--”

 

“I’m at Donghyuk’s place. Celebrating.” He smirks when Donghyuk gives him an unimpressed look.

 

“Celebrating what?! No, don’t answer that. Just get your to the salon in an hour ‘cause I swear to God, if you dont--”

 

“Okay, hyung. Thanks. See you later.”

 

He ends the call with a satisfying tap of the “end” button.

 

“Look at you cutting off Jinhwan-hyung like that.” Donghyuk snickers then brushes hair strands off his forehead. “But you really need to go now. He sounds angry.”

 

“Nah.” Junhwe stops himself, then chuckles when he remembers more of that fateful morning. Donghyuk tilts his head in question.

 

“What’s funny?”

 

“It’s just that there’s also a phone call and an angry hyung during that hook-up morning.”

 

“Oh. This is weird. It’s like deja vu.” Donghyuk laughs then shakes his head, going back to check his photos. “Then are you going to make a crazy deal with me too?”

 

No, Junhwe almost says.

 

But then, his eyes lock on Donghyuk’s face as he looks down at the camera, at the serene smile that’s getting wider as he goes from one photo of him sleeping to another. He must be staring so intensely because Donghyuk stops checking the photos to look back at him.

 

“Hmm?”

 

The smile is still there, Junhwe can see himself reflected in those gorgeous eyes, and he can feel his heart burst with so much emotions. Everything of him: his heart, mind and soul, is saying the same thing, so he relays it with spoken words.

 

Does he have another crazy deal? Yeah, he does.

 

“Marry me.”

 

Donghyuk blinks and he blinks back.

 

“...what?”

 

There’s a disbelieved undertone in Donghyuk’s voice as he sits up, camera forgotten beside a pillow. It’s as if he isn’t sure he heard him right. Junhwe takes that moment to ask himself if he’s going to take back the words.

 

The answer is very immediate and clear. Nope, he isn’t going to take that back.

 

“Marry me, Kim Donghyuk. Let’s live our lives together.”

 

What.”

 

Donghyuk’s face instantly reddens with shock.

 

“Are you ing crazy? We just confessed last night! It’s only been 3 months since we started dating!”

 

“Well, you asked me if I’ll offer you a crazy deal, so…” he playfully yelps when Donghyuk slaps a hand on his arm.

 

“It’s not funny.”

 

“And I’m not joking. I’m serious.” he moves to sit up as well. Any lingering playfulness in him, he immediately let go. He wants Donghyuk to see that he truly means it.

 

“Please, Donghyuk. I want to marry you.”

 

He sees Donghyuk study his face, as if waiting him to say something contradictory. But he stays silent and patient, ignoring everything else but him, so Donghyuk’s face turns even redder. He bites his lip and hides his face in both hands. He’s relieved Donghyuk realized how serious and sincere he is with the proposal.

 

Junhwe sighs and holds Donghyuk’s thighs to gently pull himself closer. Smiling endearingly, he lifts his hands so he could cup the other’s face by his jaw. Donghyuk peeks at him in between his fingers.

 

“No.”

 

Instantly, Junhwe freezes. He feels his heart drop dead in his stomach.

 

“I won’t answer until later tonight, when both our works are done and we’re out of this lovey dovey atmosphere.”

 

He heaves a deep sigh of relief.

 

“Alright.”

 

“Don’t contact me the whole day. I want you to think real hard and deep about what you just said, and I dare you to ask me again. I’m telling you now, I’m not a divorce person.”

 

It amuses Junhwe how Donghyuk didn’t say anything about “thinking real hard and deep” for himself, and had even implied what his answer’s going to be. It’s as if Donghyuk’s just giving him the chance to make sure of himself.

 

His beloved photographer’s underestimating him because he doesn’t need to confirm anything already. He’s sure he’s going to propose again later no matter how tiring and frustrating his day will be. He ought to be nervous about Donghyuk’s answer too (even though it’s already implied), but he isn’t. He has faith in the sincerity and gravity of their feelings.

 

Just like how much faith he has when he asked Donghyuk out that morning-after three months ago.

 

He smirks happily and Donghyuk shifts gazes again, mumbling a soft “stop that”. His boyfriend then tells him to get off the bed and take a shower already. Apparently, he doesn’t want Jinhwan-hyung getting a grudge on him for making him late for work.

 

“Forget Jinhwan-hyung, you don’t want to take a shower together?”

 

That causes Donghyuk to drop both of his hands so he could glare. It’s not effective because he just looks adorable with that blush on his cheeks. Junhwe laughs and finally moves to stand up.

 

“Okay, okay. I’ll go take a shower now.”

 

“Good. Breakfast will just be toast and eggs.”

 

“That’s fine, honey. Thank you.”

 

He laughs again when Donghyuk throws a pillow at him. “Don’t call me honey”, he says and Junhwe watches him turn his back to bury his face on another pillow.

 

“I love you.”

 

He looks on adoringly, waiting.

 

“... I love you too.”

 

Happy and satisfied, Junhwe marches out of the bedroom to start his new day. He can’t wait for tonight to come.

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

 

Junhwe stops posing on the black street light stand when he feels his phone vibrating incessantly from the inner pocket of his Saint Laurent coat. He raises a hand to signal his photographer to stop for the meantime.

 

“I got a call, sorry.” he states and takes out his phone. Jinhwan-hyung’s name flashes in the screen so he immediately answers it.

 

“Yes, hyung?”

 

There’s a sigh. “It finally got out. The agency’s bombarded with phone calls and interview requests. Do we go ahead?”

 

“Oh.” he looks at the other side of the street, watching Donghyuk approach him with his camera in hand. “Yeah, of course we should go ahead and confirm. There’s no way I’m denying it.”

 

“Okay. It’s a good thing both of you are in Paris right now. At least we can use the news to media play your anniversary photobook.”

 

“That’s so like you to think of something like that, hyung.”

 

“How else did you manage to go so far in your career?” His hyung laughs from the other line, then sighs again. “I feel relieved though. Enjoy there and come back safely with Donghyuk.”

 

“Thanks, hyung.”

 

“It’s Jinhwan-hyung?” Donghyuk asks as soon as he steps beside him. Junhwe nods then immediately checks his email after the call. As expected, he got one from his agency with a digital copy of an article attached. He smirks and opens it up, letting Donghyuk see. The headline is very big and written in bold letters.

 

“Model-singer JU-NE, revealed to be married since 5 years ago to award-winning photographer Kim Donghyuk!”

 

“Ah.” Donghyuk blushes when he reads the headline. He turns his camera on again. “Well… at least we don’t have to hide anymore.”

 

“Finally.” Junhwe grins and leans to kiss his husband on his cheek. “Now I can proudly wear our wedding ring, and we can move in together.”

 

“Yes but before all that, let’s finish what we came here for. We still have three locations to shoot and we’re running late.”

 

“Okay, baby.”

 

Donghyuk looks up from his camera, gives him a playful glare, then leans up to kiss him on the lips.

 

“Don’t call me baby. Now stand prettily again and let me take your photo.”

 

“Yes, honey.”

 

.

.

.